• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF ALERT- SEVERE WEATHER NOTIFICATION

Yosemite Sam

NES Member
looks like the ATF is now in the weather business
& don't want weapons & paperwork to disappear in a flood
received via email today @4:18
followed by an automated phone call.

This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Hurricane Lee is projected to hit New England on approximately Friday, September 15, 2023. ATF recommends that all licensees in the storm’s path secure their firearms inventory and records from flooding and other potential storm damage. In the event of damage, theft, or attempted theft, please contact your local ATF Office in New England. Thank you.

Got that too and immediately thought of the mill. Hopefully no one has a leaky roof because they certainly don't need any more hassle or people poking their noses in where they don't belong.

This one was pretty dumb...but don't forget the last one that involved thier fax machine going offline...

Can't make this sh@t up.

This brings back memories, back in the mid seventies I bought an M1A receiver from a Gunshop in Fallbrook, CA. shortly after I picked up my receiver a dam broke and the shop got flooded. The owner of the shop on the way out the door pushed his bound book and the book with the 4473's into the water.
He notified ATF and all they said was keep them on a higher shelf.

Last edited:

This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Hurricane Lee is projected to hit New England on approximately Friday, September 15, 2023. ATF recommends that all licensees in the storm’s path secure their firearms inventory and records from flooding and other potential storm damage. In the event of damage, theft, or attempted theft, please contact your local ATF Office in New England. Thank you.

Did the automated call say something like "press any numeric key to hear an important message"? I've gotten a couple of those lately (including one about a half hour ago) but was afraid to continue, thinking it might be a scam of some kind. I did receive an email as well.

Frank

Did the automated call say something like "press any numeric key to hear an important message"? I've gotten a couple of those lately (including one about a half hour ago) but was afraid to continue, thinking it might be a scam of some kind. I did receive an email as well.

Frank
Yes, and from a 202 number.

I told the ATF that my paperwork and my firearms are both secured on my boat. Ready for the flood.

Attachments

• 20230912_180448.jpg
    20230912_180448.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Hurricane Lee is projected to hit New England on approximately Friday, September 15, 2023. ATF recommends that all licensees in the storm’s path secure their firearms inventory and records from flooding and other potential storm damage. In the event of damage, theft, or attempted theft, please contact your local ATF Office in New England (SO THAT WE MAY IMMEDIATELY COME AND SHUT YOU DOWN). Thank you.
They forgot the red part....

Back
Top Bottom