Alert - Public Hearing Thursday Morning at State House - All 2A related legislation

Alert - Public Hearing Thursday Morning at State House - All 2A related legis...

This one needs to pass:

Section 120A. No county, municipality, township or other community entity within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts may enact, pass or enforce any law, ordinance or regulation concerning the lawful ownership, use, possession, transfer, purchase, receipt or transportation of weapons, antique weapons, ammunition or ammunition components.

The right to keep and bear arms is an individual civil right and shall be presumed to exist in all matters regarding the ownership, use, possession, transfer, purchase, receipt or transportation of weapons, antique weapons, ammunition or ammunition components unless expressly prohibited by the general laws of this Commonwealth.

I've said this before. This one is one of the "softest" ones to pass, but the ability to invoke it as law would pay dividends down the road.

I'd even wager this one as a ballot question. It contains a key concept "civil right". In order to make things work you have to speak their language.

Is there a cheat-sheet out yet? I read through all the bills briefly, but knowing what we are talking about is always helpful. I've also been able to recruit 2-3 people on short notice, hope you guys are having success as well.

I'd stress the no action (emails, calls, and/or showing up) no right to complain point.

Mike

Majority of these will never make it out of committee. Committee Chairperson's are God and they get to decide what moves forward and they all do exactly what DeLeo wants them to do. The hearing is just a formality. You only get one minute to speak if at all. Packing the hearing room will certainly let them know that they can't slam these through at midnight on the last day of the session. Residents of Walpole, Methuen, Clinton, and Millbury should be contacting their legislators via email. letter's, fax, and voicemail. Letter's from your wives also count. A letter from me (Boston) has a lot less value to a Methuen Rep than a letter from Methuen.

I still plan on reading each bill and picking several I am in favor of, and several I oppose. I will then write two letters a week apart addressed to the chairs stating my opposition or support. My Sen. is Chang-Diaz. I will not waste the stamp. I will not add Molon Labe to my signature.

This one needs to pass:

Section 120A. No county, municipality, township or other community entity within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts may enact, pass or enforce any law, ordinance or regulation concerning the lawful ownership, use, possession, transfer, purchase, receipt or transportation of weapons, antique weapons, ammunition or ammunition components.

The right to keep and bear arms is an individual civil right and shall be presumed to exist in all matters regarding the ownership, use, possession, transfer, purchase, receipt or transportation of weapons, antique weapons, ammunition or ammunition components unless expressly prohibited by the general laws of this Commonwealth.

This Bill is by (D) Rep. Jim Miceli whose kingdom includes the town of Tewksbury, which borders Lowell. Jim's a great gun guy and stands with us every time. I'm betting he's pissed about what's going on in Lowell.

There is a degree of "politics" involved in politics. Going and reinforcing a bunch of politicians stereotypes about you, doesn't actually help anything on the legislative front. You're better off using your time as a presentable MA resident appealing to reason...

Obviously it's your right... Just letting you know that it makes it harder for the rest of us who are actually trying to get things changed in the state. If it makes you happy to thump your chest and posture, rather than attack or support legislation in an intelligent manner, that's your prerogative... just know you are about as useful as the open-carry starbucks cocksuckers.

Mike

seconding this notion. There's a time and place for "black rifles matter" t-shirts and it isn't the MA state house (I'm lookin at you, DarthRevan). Even the YHM guys meet with politicians while wearing all black shirt and suits. For ****s sake, we need to play the game if we want to make progress here - shirt and tie rather than realtree.

Thanks to Mike S and the other posters that shared info that's useful in understanding how to get in touch with legislators. I've written my rep (Ross) and will send of letters to other committee members as time permits.

I regret that I cannot attend on Thursday as I don't own a "black rifle" t-shirt ( [wink] ), but my thanks to those of you that are able to be there in person.

Can someone elaborate on the process here...don't these items get voted up/down in this meeting and then they move forward...? I don't recall how it exactly works, but I do remember from the 2014 meeting that there were a lot of rapid fire votes on these sorts of items.

So it sounds like these will be hearings. I think it would be a decent time to focus some effort on the suppressor bill, and also hit back at some of the proposed restrictions.

Mike

Here we go again. Done this before:
Show your support at the Statehouse on Nov 19th. There is probably a thread or two like this every year, once at mid-term (now), and once on the last day they can do anything.

There are others, but they are all basically the same. Go, get ignored, wait, and hope. The important part is to GO, if you can. Otherwise, they will say nobody objected.

Just a reminder about Naughton:
Naughton Releases a Statement

Some good ideas here:
"Sweeping new MA gun laws introduced to much fanfare"

All these allegations about systemic racism throughout Brookline as well as the national coverage of Lowell PD only help our licensing argument as well.

Mike

I see a whole lot of crazy in this package, most of which is a re-hash of shit from 13 that I don't see surviving more than lip service to the colorful shirt crowd.

I do however see a lot of positive acts being proposed - such as fixing the licensing system, protecting rights, making chiefs follow the letter of the law.

and what the **** - an act relative to bulletproof vests? I don't think Ive seen much in the way of plate carrier donning criminals in the Commonwealth...all that's going to make a smart person do is buy out of state.

any chance we can get supressors?

I always like to remain optimistic... I think there is a better chance of this than repealing the AWB... I only say this because it has been legalized in a handful of states recently, including VT, and my democratic rep (Walsh) seemed to think it was worth looking into... granted he has a good rating from GOAL.

If it makes it from Committee its easy to see some ****tard like Linksy standing up and saying "Are you really going to legalize SILENCERS" and all logic will go out the window. That said, I plan on speaking on it tomorrow, using the angle of the benefits it would confer as a firearms instructor. I'm also going to touch on the AWB repeal but that is super-ultra DOA.

Mike

Is this first come first served for speakers or will it be elected and badged anti gunners for the first three hours and forty five minutes?

Is this first come first served for speakers or will it be elected and badged anti gunners for the first three hours and forty five minutes?

The handful of things I've been too "panels" get to speak first and get more time... and some how Rosenthal always gets to speak first and for as long as he wants. That said, the last couple I went to, it goes until the bitter end, even if a couple legislators decide they have more important things to do than their job.

Mike

At all hearings they always give first shot to legistraitors, elected officials, law enforcement groups. Then come the antis and after that the pro side gets some time to speak.

At all hearings they always give first shot to legistraitors, elected officials, law enforcement groups. Then come the antis and after that the pro side gets some time to speak.

IIRC, last time they also allowed speakers representing religious groups/congregations (all antis), to bump the line, citing religious and/or scheduling as the reason.

IIRC, last time they also allowed speakers representing religious groups/congregations (all antis), to bump the line, citing religious and/or scheduling as the reason.

To be fair I remember at least one pro-gun guy being allowed to skip for scheduling reasons. Maybe my mind playing tricks on me though.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom