Alert - Public Hearing Thursday Morning at State House - All 2A related legislation

It would have been do able for me to go to this if I had a wee bit more than less than 24 hours notice. I only found because of an nra email yesterday. There was nothing in here or anywhere else. I would love to have a lively chat with our legislators.

GOAL only got ~2.5 days notice and got the word out here and thru Email blasts, but I also have a problem with such short notice. Digesting 42 bills and putting together coherent responses takes time, especially when intermingled with real work. I plan on having a discussion with my Rep (friend but not on this committee) and one of the co-chairs of the committee (not my guy, but I know him) about timing of schedule announcements. Meanwhile I just finished my written testimony and Emailed it off to them a few minutes ago.

To further complicate matters for me, I received an emergency job to serve some legal papers and there was some mass confusion as to what needed to be served, some papers missing and an attorney who was unreachable (in court all day yesterday). So spending the day in Boston today isn't possible for me either.

It's going well, the vast majority of people are speaking in favor of GOAL legislation. Most are discussing the suppressor bill and the Constitutional carry bill, the committee has heard from numerous Lowell residents and have stated that they are going to "haul the chiefs who are going above the law in to appear before a committee" they were not happy with this and for the most part seemed unaware of the many abuses. Very good development.

...the committee has heard from numerous Lowell residents and have stated that they are going to "haul the chiefs who are going above the law in to appear before a committee" they were not happy with this and for the most part seemed unaware of the many abuses.

I'd like to see where that goes.

It's a hearing, nothing "gets voted on" yet. Most of the stuff will probably get discarded this session, unlikely to even get out of the committee.

-Mike

Yep. Most of these get "referred to committee" where they expire when the legislative session is over. Then someone resubmits them the next year with a different bill number and it starts all over again.

If there was only 1 anti there then I guess the Moms Demand machine wasn't able to get moving fast enough to drum up any supporters to attend. Good news for us, I suppose.

Many thanks to those who attended and spoke.

If there was only 1 anti there then I guess the Moms Demand machine wasn't able to get moving fast enough to drum up any supporters to attend. Good news for us, I suppose.

Many thanks to those who attended and spoke.

Yeah and she showed a picture of somebody in Idaho getting donuts carrying an AR

Back
Top Bottom