• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's the most regrettable gun trade you've made?

Ruger super Bearcat for a prettified H&R DA revolver. (I was very young, and immediately regeted it the first time I shot the H&R.

I sold a nice S&W 29-? 8 3/8 that I'd like back.
I also sold a Glock 17, but that makes me happy. :)

Respectfully,

jkelly

god... just looking at that photo of my AK makes me want to cry. I'm going to think LONG and HARD before I sell another from my collection.

My first shotgun

It was a Mossberg model 200 K-A. Lousy old gun but it had a bunch of sentimental value.

I also miss my SAR-1, but I know it went to a good home.

Yes it did... And I took the liberty of making it look even MORE evil!

Image5.jpg

BTW, I have never sold a gun, I probably should, because I have guns in my safe that I have never even shot. I just don't want the remorse you all seem to have, so I don't think I will sell any of them... Until I move to NH that is, and then I will unload my hard to find in MA guns, and buy brand new replacements!

No regrets yet and hopefully will never have any. The closest I came was selling my S&W Airweight Bodyguard Special to my cousin. It is my first handgun. My mother bought it for me for my 21st birthday. I smartened up and didn't sell.

Sold one (actually 2) gun in my life. Regretted it ever since. They were a matched pair of AR's, one sporter (.223) and one CAR in 9mm, both Colt. Bought in '85 for 750 bucks sold in '88 for the same minus a couple hundred rounds each.

Just remedied my AR deficiency about a year ago.

I think I'm gonna be sick again......

Damn barrel keeps unscrewing itself after about 50 rounds! No plans to get rid of it though, it's a fun plinker. [smile]

Get the short barrel and dump the extendo-thingy. I should have gotten a .22LR revolver instead of the P22, but oh well, live and learn.

[thinking]

I had a Norinco 84S-1 Pre-Ban AK Underfolder chambered in .223.

I sold it. So stupid. So So So stupid. I'd buy it back right now if I could.

IMG_8539_800.jpg

I had a Poly Technologies Legend with the same underfolding stock. I sold it for a good price to a friend and probably should have kept it. Oh well.

Haven't sold, traded, given away anything...waiting to reach my maximum occupancy...as soon as I decide what that is....I have a hard time making decisions. Am I supposed to make this decision?[thinking]

I had a Poly Technologies Legend with the same underfolding stock. I sold it for a good price to a friend and probably should have kept it. Oh well.

One day I'll come across another... and I'll snag it up... and love it... and never let it go.

Hmm... interesting reading here. I bought a new Ruger MK III last year (cause I was tired of not having a bolt that held open on an empty mag), but I hate the way it takes down. So I just bought a Mark II... and now I've got all three in my safe. I've been thinking of selling the Mark I and the Mark III to just get it down to 1, but maybe I'll hold onto them. Never know when you'll need a .22.

Back
Top Bottom