What's the most regrettable gun trade you've made?

I know I have a few regrets over the years. What's the most regrettable gun trade you've ever made?

Sold a nickel plated .38 chief's special that was brand new, never been shot, pristine condition. Also had a palm sized 25 cal. "Baby Bauer" - stainless with pearl like grips, also in excellent condition. Sold them back in 1991 I think.

03A3 Original, almost perfect condition, matching sn# and a family pass down!

Screw it! All of em[grin]

My first pistol, a S&W model 28-2 Highway Patrolman. I finally had to come to grip with my
loss and replaced it with this one just recently. Not quite as old but more than able to
assuage my remorse over selling my original one (twenty years ago).

28-2_6in.jpg

Aren't you guys tired of hearing me whine and moan about how I stupidly sold my FIRST GUN - a Model 19 S&W - to my best friend yet? [rolleyes]

WWII Hi-Power bring back. Nazi marked, all matching numbers. Sold to a friend who somehow sweet-talked me into passing it along for less than a day's pay. It sucks to be young sometimes.

Then there was the .410 over under with early Plastic stocks. I traded it off for $money to buy an Ithica 20 Ga Featherweight with adjustible choke. I wish I had that one back too.

Now I regret trading a Springfield Armory Single Shot in .444 Marlin (An SSK conversion) for a Blue 7-1/2" Super Blackhawk. And to a lesser extent, I regret trading a true BSA Cadet converted to 357Mag.; but I can't even remember what I got for it.

One thing that still fries my butt is the theft of a very good condition FN49, and a new Indian Arms SS 380. Both stolen from our house in So Carolina back in the late 70's.

[thinking]

I had a Norinco 84S-1 Pre-Ban AK Underfolder chambered in .223.

I sold it. So stupid. So So So stupid. I'd buy it back right now if I could.

IMG_8539_800.jpg

Last edited:
Hanwei, normally I'd tell you not to beat up on yourself so much, but that gun is so pretty you deserve to give yourself a few more lashes!!

[thinking]

I had a Norinco 84S-1 Pre-Ban AK Underfolder chambered in .223.

I sold it. So stupid. So So So stupid. I'd buy it back right now if I could.

[MG]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee160/hhsieh/IMG_8539_800.jpg[/IMG]

I am so tempted to give you a negative rep for that one...but the fact that you are beating yourself up over it holds my finger off the mouse button...

I have sold 2 guns in 15 years.

I regret 1 which was a coffee table discussion item, the other was a Para which I celebrated with a fill case of beer.

Well we're not killing you with a beautiful looking underfolder though....because YOU sold it!

well... you COULD be killing me with it if you were the one that PURCHASED it [wink]

in which case I'd ask you if I could buy it back!

I traded my S&W 1911PD 4 1/4 barrel plus cash for a M&P 40. That was almost a year ago and just today I was kicking myself in the ass for it. Don't get me wrong I love my M&P, I just think I should have put some more thought into the trade.

[sad] I regret every gun that I've sold, even the goofy little Seecamp .32 POS. I'm going to have to rethink selling the 1911 now.

I traded a COP4 .357 Magnum derringer to Fred for a SW1911 with laser grips. Then sold the laser grips to WildWeasel!

Fred and I are both still convinced we each got a great deal; I wasn't shooting the COP4 any more, and I love the 1911, and Fred got a cool collectible.

And somewhere, there is a Colt Three Fifty Seven and an AMT Hardballer that I got rid of... and I dearly hope that the new owners sold those POSs to some unsuspecting police dept in a gun "buyback", because they were both CRAP!!! I do a Kim DuToit happy dance to know that they're gone! [banana]

I never knew just how much gun would become a part of my life when I got into them. I hate to admit it but I wish I kept my first gun. SW9VE - Sigma. Not the greatest gun, and I hated the trigger, but it was my first gun.

I also miss my SAR-1, but I know it went to a good home.

Back
Top Bottom