What blade do you carry?

I switch between two; a kershaw baby boa during the week. Its a fantastic little knife; has the recurve blade for more cutting surface area. Ive found that people at school/work tend to get freaked out if i pull out anything longer than a small folder.
on the weekends I carry a benchmade mini-grip. Huge fan of benchmade and this is one of my favorite knives.

I have been carrying a Swiss Army knife since I was 11. The latest one is a Tinkerer (sp?) bought for me by my wife a few years ago. I also carry my new favorite, a fixed blade made by Michael Spangler. Mike is a NES member and does some incredible work. Check him out.

Actually too many to list. prefer folders, Microtech's , higher end Benchmade's , Chris Reeve , Wm Henry's , older Al Mar's , never less than 2 - 3 at a time . Life is way too short not to own and carry the best blades you can afford.

Almost forgot , got my first Strider SMF showing up in a day or two. little bit excited about that.

Last edited:
I have been carrying a Swiss Army knife since I was 11. The latest one is a Tinkerer (sp?) bought for me by my wife a few years ago. I also carry my new favorite, a fixed blade made by Michael Spangler. Mike is a NES member and does some incredible work. Check him out.

Yup. One of these days I'll have a fancy knife, but my Swiss Army is always around. The closest I get to a high-end knife is a $50.00 Kershaw...

530bk.jpg

I broke down and bought a benchmade 530 black plain edge. Only found a plain edge at ONE retailer though... hope they don't ship me a partially serrated....

Cold Steel Ti-Lite (zytel, 4") and a Victorinox Hiker and/or Huskey folding utility knife. Occasionally a CRKT M16-01K. Used to have a Kershaw assisted opener but lost it a few years ago. The cold steel stays put and doesn’t get used, though it MIGHT have been grudgingly used to open a letter or cut a string once. The Victorinox or Huskey do most day to day cutting and other needs, the CRKT is all but retired because I don’t like the tip down and forward carry in my pocket.

I wish they still made the rukus. Im switching off between the benchmade 741BK onslaught and the 740BK Dejavoo. Both knives are great EDC knives.

you can still get them they're just scarce... got a NIB one on ebay a year or 2 ago for a little cheaper than MSRP, i guarantee they will have a couple at the Marlborough gun show next weekend

Lately it's been a Strider SMF G-10 tiger striped spearpoint along with a 80's vintage Al Mar Eagle talon and a Spydie smaller Persian. Can't have enough blades on ya.

Back
Top Bottom