• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What blade do you carry?

Swiss Army Midnight Manager

ibAh9FnqUs0QdbSYBupLsES3_WRQLPYHAjwqWt4e1ZQj5SmMKcqSd0c8adcPkqwHrpsJypEGM0IEmGZpaSBXZpjjiowkI-7Sy_Cq7Pbs_9YkCieHuFJXBsknGhSKZvcB2uLn8Fw8vk7tUqHBsqsisL3jtDpFGNW80hHSmZUyag

[rofl]

Oh, there's only one 1" blade on that... there's also a file with a flat-head screwdriver tip, a pair of scissors, and a bottle-cap opener with a cross-tip tip. It's got a red LED and a ball-point pen!

... and it's ALWAYS in my pocket!

I carry a CRKT dogfish usually, i like it because theres nothing to come loose and its easy to sharpenI hear good things about spyderco delicas though

What is your price range ? Do you have to have an assisted opener ? How lightweight do you want to go ?

Prefer to max out at $200 (unless there's extremely good reason to go higher). Would prefer an assisted opener, but not totally necessary. My Scallion is 2.3 oz, so probably not any heavier than that. I'm not sure how realistic I'm being, feel free to educate me.

• Kershaw Leek in my boot
  • CRKT Ringed Razel in a Kydex Holster on my hip
  • Leatherman Crunch & Fuse in the side pocket of my Carhartts
  • Stanley 99E Utility Knife in my back pocket next to my wallet

My Kershaw is a back up to my Utility Knife because someone is always borrowing it at work when they can't find their own knife. The Razel is more of a chisel than a knife, it's really beefy but I have trouble keeping an edge on it. I almost never use the knife blade on my Leathermen.

Benchmade 556 mini griptillian.

its a pre production numbered 906/1000
For me its the perfect size, shape and functionality for a pocket knife. This has been my everyday carry for several years, since the sog it replaced had its pocket clip broken off.

I have several other knives by benchmade, kershaw, spiderco, gerber and sog.

Big fan of Kershaw, they have great customer service. Im currently carrying a Kershaw Blur w/ serrations. Man, I love Kershaws serration design

i carry this guy

1165.jpg

of all the knives i have EDC over the years, nothing comes close to this. lightweight, feels awesome in hand, long blade, $35

been carrying for a year, and thinking of picking up a second as a backup in case i lose it or something happens to it.

**its a CRKT Summa btw

Leatherman Wave... was basically issued a Leatherman Supertool before we went overseas (choice of gerber or LM... don't like gerbers...)

finally retired the Supertool in... '05 (after EDC for 8 years) picked up the wave, it's been on my belt ever since....

leatherman-wave-02-800x600.jpg

leatherman-wave-03-800x600.jpg

i like having the pliers.... straight blade and serrated blades are nice to have...
straight blade for shaving a bit off wood at work.... opening stuff.... sharpening pencils...
serrated blade is nice for impromptu trips to the ER for tetanus shots and stitches...

leatherman-wave-01-800x600.jpg

If youre looking for a small un-assisted EDC, the Kershaw Skyline is a great choice. It is very similar to Chris' CRKT Summa, but it has a little big bigger blade and a g10 handle. Got mine for ~$30

I had to retire my Emerson cqc7-b I loved that damn knife carried it for 10yrs. Replaced it with a Kershaw 1840cktst.

ks1840cktst.jpg

Those are nice knives....

I have one that looks a lot like that, except mine is non serrated... I think it's the scallion? What's nice is it doesn't have the damned safety latch like the leek does so there's no need to remove it or tighten up the catch.

I also carried an Emerson CQC-8..... still have it, but IMO the thing is just too big for daily use. The chisel edge is a massive pain in the ass to get sharp, too.

-Mike

yeah, there are a few things that make me want the Q36 and that is one of them.
though i've become used to it being tip down.

Back
Top Bottom