• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who Still Has Their 'Skinflint Special' Pinty Red Dot in Service?

Mountain

NES Member
A bunch of us bought Pinty red dots when they were listed at ridiculous pricing around $5 each. Actually I just missed the deal but was able to get a couple extras from one of our awesome NESers. Anyone still running theirs and how's it doing?

I ran one on my .458 SOCOM rifle for a while and it survived. Seemed like groups spread a little bit but I could keep 25 yard groups approx golf ball sized which is OK for its purpose. This summer I finally got my Form 1 and will try the Pinty on a .458 SBR. If that doesn't kill it I don't think there is an AR that will. [laugh]

I bought a dozen at around $6.00 each.
I've had one on my Camp 9 and one on my S&W Victory for a couple of years or so.
I gave one to a buddy who has it on his 10/22. Another buddy put one on his M1A but he said the dot looks a bit fuzzy with his glasses.
Other than that, no complaints so far.

One I had on my AR22 can’t adjust and shoots lower left after many rounds. Other is unopened and I have yet to use it, but still can’t get the crap UTG riser from Amazon off my pic rail lol

I have 3 currently running on AR uppers, 1 NIB, 1 broke after a year of x39 recoil, and I gave at least 2 to friends. I actually bought another (different) Pinty with auto on/off and flip caps.

Pinty is legend. Holosun should learn from the best.

i still have all of them, 3 i think - all work, they were on some guns, but i got them down, may move again up to some uppers i have.
of 3 i got only 1 got more or less well transparent glass with almost no tint, others are a bit tinted, not as transparent as it would be nice to have.
but all work. i think internally it is from same shop that makes bushnell trophy or whatnot dot.

Still have two in use. One I recently mounted on my 458 socom SBR that kicks like a SOB. Zero issues with either Pinty.

Bought 6, gave one away, 1 still NIB, one on a .22 bolt, 1 on a .22 AR, and 2 on .556 ARs. ALL currently functioning. Oh, bought 2 $200 rototillers, sold 1 for $400 the other day, and kept 1. It's a friggin Beast!

Back
Top Bottom