• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bikers. Where and how do you carry?

rogersmithiii

NES Member
For those who ride around on two wheels, how do you carry your protection handgun? What are some of the considerations of doing this?

Thanks

Motorcycle or bicycle?
I carry a bodyguard in my camelback when I ride alone, mostly just to scare off any coyotes if needed. In the woods on mountain bike, during night rides.

Motorcycle or bicycle?

Was just going to ask the same question

Bicycle I put a P3AT in a plastic Glad sandwich bag and it rides in my center back pocket. Easy reach and deployment if needed.

Motorcycle, I tried doing pocket carry, but it's impossible to get it out when sitting down. I ride using a mesh type armored jacket to get the breeze flowing and it sits in the left inside pocket of the jacket. Easy to get if needed.

Was just going to ask the same question

Bicycle I put a P3AT in a plastic Glad sandwich bag and it rides in my center back pocket. Easy reach and deployment if needed.

Motorcycle, I tried doing pocket carry, but it's impossible to get it out when sitting down. I ride using a mesh type armored jacket to get the breeze flowing and it sits in the left inside pocket of the jacket. Easy to get if needed.

Is that to keep it from turning brown? Like a banana?

I have riding gear with built in concealment pockets. Mostly I stash my carry gun in my tank bag.

Maybe, but not me. The Bonneville has heated grips.

I almost bought a newer Bonneville, but wasnt sure if it had enough oomph to move me around.

I see a lot of bikes with heated grips, but seems to me that they wont actually keep the parts of my hands that are getting cold, finger tips.

I almost bought a newer Bonneville, but wasnt sure if it had enough oomph to move me around.

I see a lot of bikes with heated grips, but seems to me that they wont actually keep the parts of my hands that are getting cold, finger tips.
1200cc, 80 hp, lots of low end torque. I think you'd like it.
The heated grips are HOT. I start out on high, and switch to low when they get uncomfortably hot.
The Tiger rally pro has heated seats too.

It’s a misconception, heated grips are the bees knees. I have them on 2 of my bikes. I absolutely love having them, sometimes if I’m with my friends riding and we stop somewhere I’ll say touch my grip, on a chilly day the look of jealousy on their faces can be priceless. Grip envy exists among other motorcyclists, you just need to unlock it, get heated grips and enter the realm you never knew existed, it’s like being in paradise only better.

IWB @ 5 o'clock position a Ruger LCS9 in a kydex holster with a belt clip. It stays in place and is quite comfortable.

After my motorcycle accident in April, I informed one of the responding officers that I was carrying and where/how. He responded, "Great, let's get you into the ambulance and out of sight and I'll take possession of it for you since you can't take it to the hospital." I directed him to where it was and let him know that the entire holster should slide up and out of my pants. Easy peasy. They secured it at the station until the next day when a friend of mine picked it up for me.

Back
Top Bottom