• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The most unreliable gun you've shot

Walther PK380 without a doubt the worst gun i have ever owned. The white factory sights fell off, and it also has a ftf issue, and extracter fails half the time.
It is my first and last POS Walther

hate to say it for me its my SR22. Although my exposure is low. I purchased new and had a s-load of issues with feading the slide not going forward all the way. I sent it back (KUDOS to ruger customer service) and they replace remounted the barrel due to being canted incorrectly on the frame. Even after it wont fire cheap ammo reliably. Thankfully i dont think ill have have to put my life in its hands as i never intend it to be a ccw or hd. No intentions on selling, runs with CCIs and certain jacketed federal consitently. I love the way it fits my hand its one of those fun for the whole family guns.

My Walther P22...... misfeeds all the time.....with all types of ammo not to mention my Armalite AR7....also many misfeeds and jams.... ( the gun that disassembles into the floating stock )

hate to say it for me its my SR22. Although my exposure is low. I purchased new and had a s-load of issues with feading the slide not going forward all the way. I sent it back (KUDOS to ruger customer service) and they replace remounted the barrel due to being canted incorrectly on the frame. Even after it wont fire cheap ammo reliably. Thankfully i dont think ill have have to put my life in its hands as i never intend it to be a ccw or hd. No intentions on selling, runs with CCIs and certain jacketed federal consitently. I love the way it fits my hand its one of those fun for the whole family guns.
Oh, THAT's not good to hear... I'm about to order one through the NRA Instructor discount program with Ruger. Honestly, though, if the one I get is this unreliable, it'll be the FIRST unreliable Ruger I've ever seen. And I've got a lot of Rugers. And that's not counting the Rugers I've sold.

So I'll take my chances.

But I'll still never own an AMT Hardballer ever again.

Oh, THAT's not good to hear... I'm about to order one through the NRA Instructor discount program with Ruger. Honestly, though, if the one I get is this unreliable, it'll be the FIRST unreliable Ruger I've ever seen. And I've got a lot of Rugers. And that's not counting the Rugers I've sold.

So I'll take my chances.

But I'll still never own an AMT Hardballer ever again.
My SR22 has eaten everything I've fed it so far without a single failure. Granted, that's only a few hundred, but so far so good!

Wouldn't consider it unreliable but my old ruger p95 had an abnormally hard trigger pull for the first round in each mag.. Think 15lb trigger for the first round and normal for the rest

Walther PK380 without a doubt the worst gun i have ever owned. The white factory sights fell off, and it also has a ftf issue, and extracter fails half the time.

Correction: POS Umarex

You'll notice that the only Walthers mentioned in this thread are the ones not actually made by Walther (PPK/S, P22, PK380).

I also made the mistake of purchasing a PK380, and after two days of ownership and thirty rounds down the tube, it was back to S&W for service.

Yep. I only sold 2 guns and don't plan on selling anytime again. The PK was terrible.

ATI GSG-22; Stovepiped every 5-10 rounds. Absolute piece of garbage. Traded it in for a M&P 15-22, thank God.

Was it the 1911 22? I had one of those and it was one of the most reliable 22 pistols I have ever seen. Went 500 from new without a single jam, then I stopped keeping track. The Sig Sauer 1911 is the exact same gun. I've never read anything bad.

I have a Bursa .380 that sometimes requires multiple trigger pulls to get the hammer to fall. I bought it around 1986. It was OK for the first 10-15 years. Now it doesn't leave the safe.

jennings j22
piece of junk i bought new for under $100 about 35 yrs ago.
everything i bought since then has been reliable

Last edited:
One of the few guns I've bought new. It was an Ithaca Deerslayer 2 right when the NY factory was folding for the final time. That darn gun would not feed correctly. I could get it to cycle fine on the bench. Then the minute I'd hit the field it would jam up and require me to take the receiver apart. Kept me from getting a deer the two weeks I carried it. Because I was sure that I had fixed it the night before every time. The worst thing was Ithaca closed up about a week after I got it, so no warranty service.
Dumped it on Gunbroker to some guy out west.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Kahr CW45. Was my favorite handgun and my EDC but is extremely unreliable. Fails to feed alot jamming the round vertical into the chamber. The trigger often does not reset as well. Love the gun when it works but now it just sits in the safe as I can't rely upon it.

Walther PPK. Bought new in ~ 2005 or so. Been back to the manufacturer, oh 15 times? The gun just wouldn't run. FTF/FTE's with half the ammo we put through it for the first 100 .380's.

Made worse by afermarket springs at one point. The factory springs were put back in, and then something broke. Then another something broke. (Safety magazine fire feature failed.)

It runs pretty good now, but I'd never trust it.

Annoying too, since it's by far the most accurate gun I've ever fired in that caliber. But... the most susceptible to limp wrist well.

-AMT "Back Up" .380.... I think by "Back Up" they mean that the cartridges would get backed up in the magazine from the gun jamming. [laugh]

-Mike

I agree I hated mine..... I would have been better off throwing it instead of attempting to fire it.

Kahr CW45. Was my favorite handgun and my EDC but is extremely unreliable. Fails to feed alot jamming the round vertical into the chamber. The trigger often does not reset as well. Love the gun when it works but now it just sits in the safe as I can't rely upon it.

Dibs. Will you take $100?

Walther PPK. Bought new in ~ 2005 or so. Been back to the manufacturer, oh 15 times? The gun just wouldn't run. FTF/FTE's with half the ammo we put through it for the first 100 .380's.

Made worse by afermarket springs at one point. The factory springs were put back in, and then something broke. Then another something broke. (Safety magazine fire feature failed.)

It runs ... but I'd never trust it.

Annoying too, ... But... the most susceptible to limp wrist well.

Dibs. Will you take $90?

;-)

336 Marlin in a 219 Zipper.God what a POS.Not so much the guns fault,just that shitty caliber.At first i didnt find much love for my DE 44 until i got use to shooting it.Will jam all the time if you let your wrist roll.

Back
Top Bottom