• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The most unreliable gun you've shot

Not sure about that. I have quite a few .22 auto loaders, and they all feed very reliably with any ammo that's not Remington. As long as I clean them between every 2-3 range trips.

As for unreliable handguns, I had an Astra a75 9mm that couldn't make it through a mag without at least one of two FTE's. Total POS! I traded it back to the gun store where I bought it (for half what I paid for it) on a Saiga .223. I consider that a great trade!

I recently bought a Ruger MKII 22/45 pistol and it stove piped on every type of ammo I put through it. I was ready to bring it to the gunsmith and have it gone over when I tried CCI Mini mag rounds in it. Perfect every shot now... I think the main spring maybe too tight and it is having trouble cycling with the lesser powered rounds. I was this close to giving up on the gun until I found out the right type of ammo for it. I still may bring it to be worked over as the mini mags are much more expensive than the cheap .22 ammo.

Microtech msar stg. I must have had a different malfunction every other round. I traded it in for an akm... at least i knew that would be reliable. I heard the new ones are better, but never again

I've mentioned this before but because it comes from a reputable manufacturer, I believe it bears repeating.

The Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380 auto. It seems like a 50/50 chance of getting one of the best pocket pistols ever, or getting something that will never work, shoot, load correctly, no matter how many times you send it in for repair. You be the judge. I've had friends that have owned one that worked great. But I've seen more than my fair share of issues.

1. Bought it. Took it to the range. Click, nothing. Tried extracting the round and I couldn't physically manipulate the slide with the round chambered. Took two of us, using leverage pressed against the table, to finally eject the round to find a light strike. Tried it again, couldn't remove again, and decided to pull the trigger until it went off. Took about 20 trigger pulls. Repeated this test to find this happen for every round. Couldn't fire more than 2 mags, the pistol just doesn't work.

2. Sent it in and got it back a month later. It fired on the first pull! So I decided to turn on the laser and plink some. After a few shots I realized the mag popped out a bit, I had to push it up and rack the slide every 2-3 rounds. The laser started to get dimmer and dimmer until I couldn't see it 2 feet in front of the pistol, and even then it was a 10 inch blurry circle. I started taking one-handed shots and after the second round fired, the mag fell to the ground. I did some testing and realized after every 2-3 rounds fired, the mag dropped free every time. Again, the pistol just doesn't work.

3. Sent it back in and got it about a month later. Despite myself and a local FFL working tirelessly to talk to someone to rectify the situation, we kept getting told to call back later. When I took it to the range for the third time and tried firing it, it worked fine and the mag didn't fall out. However, after 2-3 rounds fired, the gun would jam hard. Double-feed, stovepiping a live round, or a mag jam. Regardless, any of these required the mag to be removed to fix. At least now I could expect to fire 1-2 rounds reliably before the gun had a catastrophic malfunction.

4. Sending it back in again now. Gee, I wonder what will happen.

my 6 month old hi-point carbine, Came to me defective. I know I should just send it back so they can fix it, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

sig mosquito, i bought it as a 1st weapon to own. only used .22 cal cci. and it never fires right. had it sent in twice to sig and both times said it was operators error. i guess all the guys at the club dont know what their doing either cuz they couldnt get the darn thing to shoot either. so that was like 6 people who is operators error...now is stays in my draw and stairs at me saying pick me up. and i say back to it... no!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

last time i check, when you pull the trigger the gun is suposed to go bang. my did not do anything.

i got a cheap Remington 22 the rifle is great the fail is the pos magazines it takes. the best I have ever gotten out of them is to only load 5 into it and then the last one never goes in to battery

FOr me it would be the MK 19 grenade launcher! Those suckers jammed almost every time we went through the test fire pit before convoys in Iraq........Stopped mounting them for our convoys and went strictly with the M2......now THAT is the most reliable thing I have ever fired!

My model 41 is beginning to make this list. I love this gun but the stovepipes are beginning to piss me off.

My old Warthog take the prize though

My model 41 is beginning to make this list. I love this gun but the stovepipes are beginning to piss me off.

Joe - don't you live less than 30 minutes from S&W? Why aren't you taking it over there for them to fix?

My old Warthog take the prize though
Para's been good to me on repairs - give 'em a call and get them to fix it. They did right by me with my old P10.

The most unreliable piece of crap I've ever shot was a .22 semi-automatic Saturday Night Special made by the dip-shits at Phoenix Arms. It jammed all the time so I traded it in (at a reputable dealer) for a big-ass, high-power, Smith & Wesson revolver. Problem solved.

Desert Eagle .44 - all show no go. First round would be fine, would jam on 2nd round everytime. Had the gun sent in for repairs multiple times, happened every time. Happened to everyone I let shoot it as well. Ended up just trading it in

Seecamp .32 without question. I can't begin to tell you how much time, ammo blah blah blah, I spent on this POS [frown]

Commercial Iver Johnson M1 Carbine in stainless steel from the mid-1980's. Bolt locking lobe snapped off, then the welded-on extension on the barrel for the gas piston broke off, as well as the piston itself breaking. The metal and weldings on this POS were pathetic. Got $225 for it for parts, but probably lost $500 overall between the initial price and gunsmithing.

Easily over 1k through my mosquito and its still a constant FTF, FTE, Stovepipes, etc., all on a steady diet of mini-mags. It's great for training if you want to borrow - no snap caps needed! Or is is my LC9 with walking sights [hmmm]

While the raven 25 is indeed a piece of shit. The one I owned actually out performed the the complete piece of shit that was the Walther P22 I owned. Notice the past tense in the last sentence. Even after having the barrel lip ground down, the feed ramp polished and a few thousanths shaved off the breach block and hammer it still didn't cycle worth shit. Though it was a little better. I would have to imagine they fixed most of the problems with the new gen 2 P22s.

Glock! Here's a gun that is suppose to work thru mud, snow, rain, water, sand, the harshest environment, yet can't shoot reloads that work in any other gun.

Winchester Model 1300 Marine Defender -

About 10 years ago, shooting a brand new one in my back yard. After shooting about 8 or 9 rounds, the barrel guide ring weld broke from the barrel. Sent the barrel back to Winchester and got one back with surface rust inside the stainless steel barrel. After sending that one back to Winchester, they sent me a brand new one. I put the shotgun back together and it is still sitting in my safe unfired after all these years. After the weld broke on the first barrel, I just didn't trust it to shoot it again.

Back
Top Bottom