So how many gun clubs do you belong to?

none presently. I start looking for one, then I stop. I know which ones I want to join, but financial priorities have not allowed me to do so yet.

One right now and thats Sippican but they're leaning towards some tighter fudd-esque regulations so I'll be looking for another where I can practice tactical shotgun shooting.

In this day and age where so many people have shotguns for home defense, how can any range limit shotgun useage to trap field and 100 yard slugs?!? [thinking]

Hopefully at the next meeting I'll be able to open a few minds and avoid another range membership at a tactical shotgun friendly club.

Walpole S.A. and former member at Easton R&G. Looking to join Ames if all goes as planned in Spring.

Westfield Sportsmans
Worthington Rod & Gun

Westfield is a great facility. Worthington is more like shooting in a gravel pit, but it's 5 minutes from the house and a lifetime membership was $150.

I am only a member at Pelham right now.

I went to look at a second club which is a little closer to my home. I was following the club president in my truck onto the grounds for a tour and he jumped out of his truck, drew his compact 1911, and fired two rounds into a creek. I asked him what he was doing and he said he thought he saw a beaver and wanted to take it out. I thought jumping from a vehicle and firing two rounds into the water at something he thought he saw without checking what was beyond the water or even being sure what he was shooting at was somewhat irresponsible, so I took the tour then politely thanked him for his time and left.

I went to look at a second club which is a little closer to my home. I was following the club president in my truck onto the grounds for a tour and he jumped out of his truck, drew his compact 1911, and fired two rounds into a creek. I asked him what he was doing and he said he thought he saw a beaver and wanted to take it out. I thought jumping from a vehicle and firing two rounds into the water at something he thought he saw without checking what was beyond the water or even being sure what he was shooting at was somewhat irresponsible, so I took the tour then politely thanked him for his time and left.
But it was heading right for him!

Back
Top Bottom