Shriner's Gunshow - Wilmington, MA - March 7,8

Oh well, I just got some bad news!

GOAL will not have a table at this show. Carole didn't allocate a table for GOAL. [angry] This has happened before, regrettably.

Therefore, I am not sure that I'll even bother attending the show. It's a long drive and my only reason that we were going was to help out GOAL.

Don't worry,no deals to be found anyway.

See below:

Hey folks,

If anyone is looking for anything in particular give me a heads up. I am working for a dealer and get to scope stuff out prior to the show opening.

When I was one of the first 10 in line,I started noticing this practice.Kind of soured me on shows ever since.

Greg,

As folks setup on Friday night and early Saturday morning, the dealers take a bit of time to scope each other out and make deals. It's not unique to gun shows, I used to work computer shows back in the early 1990s and we did the same thing before the show opened.

Usually you are right, but last show I scored a Colt 1911 Series 70 Mk IV for $562 OTD and that was ~11AM, so I'd been walking the show for 2 hours before nailing this deal and it was plainly visible on the dealer's table. It had been neglected, so I spent another ~$100 for a trigger job and replaced the hammer (badly pitted). Greg Derr did the work and he told me that I stole the gun.

So there are hidden gems to be found.

I use the shows to socialize and to pick up odds and ends (usually good for mags, sometimes ammo) and never count on buying guns there.

headed out the door now. I will be at the Powder Keg table wearing my black molon labe hat and Gun controll works shirt.

Sunday for me. 11:30 AM

Black NES Molon Labe Hat.

Red NE Shooters Shirt

I will have Target Stands with me if anyone is interested???

Cell # 1-978-815-1764

Mike Nastek

Last edited:
I'll be there this afternoon wearing my NES black molon labe hat provided by kiver!

Shopping list:

Carry ammo, carry ammo, carry ammo..........

back already.
i went in with ricochet, who saved me from a monster line after he saw me wandering around towards the back of it.
also saw milsurplus 4 me with a SKS (what a shock! [rofl])

this show was better then the past ones. typical gun show stuff, nothing to out of the ordinary.

good deals on ammo cans, i got a .50 BMG can in great condition for $9.

Just got back. Pretty decent show, with some good prices.

I knew the line would be ridiculous, so I got there early.... and was first one through the door at 9 AM.

Picked up some new USGI 1911 mags, small rifle primers, sierra bullets, cleaning brushes, targets.

Saw Milsurps4Me with an SKS that HE HAD NO MONEY FOR, and several other NESers. President Obama continues to be the Firearms Industry Salesman of the Year.

Yeah I rescued another orphan and for a good price too. Only thing was I must have been tired from getting up early because I thought it was a detachable mag set up but upon closer inspection saw it was a duckbill 30 rounder someone stuck in. No biggie, still a good price for a clean paratrooper and I have a few Chinese factory mags laying around here somewhere so I can sell the 30 rounder on the SKS forums.

Saw a few NESrs and a few good deals too. I think the guy selling the 511 gear at half price got cleaned out early. I almost bought a 7.62x39 Saiga but left it for someone else. I think the price was just under $400 which is fair for today's market, but I just didn't want another AK project.

well had a friend that got me in early (which means i got to buy before they opened) got a kahr k9 for 450, a moss. 500 for 150, and a brand new glock 22 (gen 3) for 525 all without tax. Hell yea.... totally happy about my new toys and the deals i got on them

Was there at 0900 and in about 20 mins later. Saw my first $999 WASR today. Tempted to buy a norinco SKS for $269 but I need to get someone like milsurps advice before I jump in and end up with a junker. Wanted to pick up a flashlight but didnt see Liotec so that was a no go.

Saw Milsurps but didnt realize it was you as I noticed the SKS with the long mag being carted around. Think I also saw interceptor as I did see a woman toting a mossy 500.

Saw some really stupid prices for black rifles.

AK and AR ammo was about the same as the last show.

well had a friend that got me in early (which means i got to buy before they opened) got a kahr k9 for 450, a moss. 500 for 150, and a brand new glock 22 (gen 3) for 525 all without tax. Hell yea.... totally happy about my new toys and the deals i got on them

You forgot to mention that you sold a G22 that was not yours as well.

EDIT: Let me clarify, she, her BF, got one of a friend to buy a G22 from B&K Sales Table.

Last edited:
Just got back...was there early - mid afternoon; light-to-moderate traffic (seemed less than at the Marlboro show)...just purchased a few minor things; the AR15 rifles I did see were going for ~ $1,500 - $2,000...

I did try to purchase a 225 lumen JetBeam LED flashlight but they were all out so I'll have to follow-up with him in a couple of weeks after his next shipment arrives...

You forgot to mention that you sold a G22 that was not yours as well.

The table you were at had the Saigas. I was soooo close to getting what looked like a 7.62x39 Saiga and noticed it gone after I went back. Was the other one next to it 7.62x39 also? I noticed it was priced lower.

The table you were at had the Saigas. I was soooo close to getting what looked like a 7.62x39 Saiga and noticed it gone after I went back. Was the other one next to it 7.62x39 also? I noticed it was priced lower.

The other Saiga was a .223 and that went shortly after the 7.62. Brian may still be able to get more of them.It was the first time I actually checked one of them out, I was quite impressed with them! Found a lot of information online about them and it does not look too difficult to modify them to accept AK mags.

The deals were average at best. One of guys I was with was into antiques and knows them instead and out. He walked out with a 1940's 16 gauge for $375 which he said he could turn around and sell for over $1200 in a heartbeat. I snagged a Ruger SP100 from Pete's, but that's about it.

Ohhh and a pound of beef jerky!

wilmington gun show

just got back from the show, while there picked up a bunch of colt .45 magazines and some reasonably priced ammo. for those looking for ammo, i highly suggest going, i bought for practice wolf .45 ACP 230gr FMJ at $14 a box of 50 rounds. also plenty of .556 and all other. the booth is in the far left corner with a huge banner that reads "AMMO". tomorrow is the last day, its 9-3.

Back
Top Bottom