• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shriner's Gunshow - Wilmington, MA - March 7,8

I spoke with Don and Bob from M&M Reloads (formerly of B&D Reloaders). They were doing a brisk business selling off stuff from the Hyde Park store.

I stopped at their table and spoke with them for a few minutes. I offered them my condolences about the screwing they took from the Mumbles administration.
Real nice guys, I used to be a regular at their HP shop back when I lived in Newton. I still have the two Brownings I bought from them in the 80's.

I did seem some .45 ACP that seemed pretty cheap ($15.00 for 50 rounds). It might have been RNL and I don't know if that's acceptable for most 1911s.

I saw some .38 RNL for $15.00/box, which didn't seem outrageous, but again I passed.

Nothing special about these prices. Yesterday I paid $29.97/100 for WWB 45 FMJ at Wal-Mart. The box of Rem .38Sp+P 130gr that they had was either the same price or ~$28/100 rds . . . I left it behind as my 642 has enough recoil with SV loads, my wrist isn't rated for 100 rds of +P in that gun! [shocked]

All standard 1911s will handle RNL just fine.

Dammit! I am new to the AR world and took this guy's sign and word for it that they were preban. It's my own fault for not doing my research ahead of time, but still...

I suppose I can put these in my hidey hole in Vermont. Live and learn I guess.

I got bit by these mags last show and had to dump one to an out of stater (thank God I have out of state relatives). At the Marlboro show these were $20 too!

I may be mistaken, but isn't selling these even a crime in this state? Considering some don't even ask for a LTC, a news crew would LOVE to get in a show and but "Illegal Machine Gun clips" from a "gun show loophole sale" To me we have to police ourselves somewhat and get the word out or we risk losing what little freedom we have in this state. Not going to stand in front of a vendor but I will try and casually warn someone if I see something wrong.

Took the bike to the show, got to park right next to the door!
Put my helmet in the saddle bag an noticed my registration was expired!

Dope walked around for an hour or so, thanked John from Liotec for the great deal on the Behemoth.

Saw K-Dub and got a hug.[smile][smile][smile] Certainly made my day![smile][smile][smile]

M.Nastek was there, we talked for a while.

Nothing there of interest for me so I dropped a couple of Jacksons at the jerky counter and rode home.

Dodged a few cops on the way. but made it back safe and sound.

Went up to Wilmington this morning, I got to the show around ten and went right in. Took in the whole show and went back to Petes Gun and bought the Remington SPS they had. Got a good deal and they were all great to deal with. I wish their shop was closer to. Not much else a couple of speed loaders for my S&W 66 and a Desantis pocket holster for my J-frame.

I'm glad people were still able to dig some stuff up today. It honestly seemed like there was alot of just junk. And I don't mean that anything old was junk, but there was alot of general junk, like bins of Mossberg 500 and Remington 870 stocks in trash shape, bins of generic holsters, etc. Overall, I am super happy with my purchase, I looked on gunbroker last night and they are fetching nearly double what I paid.

Took the bike to the show, got to park right next to the door!
Put my helmet in the saddle bag an noticed my registration was expired.

Renew it online and as soon as you get the confirmation email you carry it with you and it CYA

One day last month it was warm.. I did the website renewal, had my confirmation 20 minutes later and was able to ride to work

First thing I did when I got home!

I would have been on the phone with the old lady from the show... OK honey the plate type is MCN, the plate number is.. my drivers license number is...

someone remind me to renew the rice bike registration before I go to florida

Anything black was over priced. I took my time as I was looking for an older Marlin model 336 lever action in 30/30. I saw several in varying shapes. I ended up buying a nice pre-82 gun, no crossbolt safety. I got the gun for $100 less then what other dealers at the show or even 4 seasons was asking for a similiar gun.The guns got great wood on it and excellent metal. Im happy. I just have to wait until the wifes out so I can sneak it into my safe LOL

OK... I have a confession to make. I'm not proud of this. I don't completely understand it. Maybe it is a sign I'm in need of professional help. Perhaps it is premature senility?

So I'm perusing the show today... and I see a preban Tec-9. There is not a single, reasonable, rational reason in the world for me to buy this. It makes no sense. I'm too old to be a "gangsta", and should be old enough to know better.

I am weak... it is in the safe now. God... what was I thinking???

Has anyone else been through this type of experience?

DOH!

Rich

P.S. Really... I am completely, totally confused by this purchase. I'll probably try shooting it and put it in the safe.

I bought a Tec-9 a while back for the pure novelty of it too.. It is NIB and never fired nor will it be. I sent it to a Henderson Defense Industries to get refinished with Moly Resin. It looks quite nice but wouldnt dream of ever wanting to shoot it.......

Got there around 1300. Parked practically at the front door. Strolled around at my leisure. I think the biggest crowds hit it in the morning.

Pete's Gun Shop had a Walther PPS selling for $529.00 and that's the cheapest I've seen so far. I like that gun! Nice guy behind the counter, had a major cast on his hand but I didn't get his name.

Is anyone familiar with Pete's Gun Shop in Adams, MA and if so, do you think I stand a chance of getting the same deal in about two week's time?

I frequent Pete's pretty often. From what I have experienced, Tom (Pete's son who now owns/runs the shop) is pretty consistent. Some of his prices are too much for me ($35-45 pre-ban AR15 mags) but other stuff is priced just right. Either way, if you liked or didn't like the price today, it will probably be the same tomorrow. Not sure how far away you are but he has a nice shop if you are in the area. 1st floor = Guns, 2nd floor = Archery.

I could'nt make the show, I got stuck working, but by the sound of things I did'nt miss much. So I have too ask ....AR uppers... did any of you guys see any? Theres always a table with all that stuff there , but since the Obama Boogie man has jumped up, I dont know.

I could'nt make the show, I got stuck working, but by the sound of things I did'nt miss much. So I have too ask ....AR uppers... did any of you guys see any? Theres always a table with all that stuff there , but since the Obama Boogie man has jumped up, I dont know.

I didn't see any uppers at all. A few lowers in the $200.00 range and some complete EBRs.

I saw none, and that was pretty much the only reason I went. I have so far held off ordering from any of the many companies with 22 week wait times, but looks like I may end up going that route.

show

Just got home from the show. I have to tell you from a perspective of working the show with a dealer it was incredible. We sold more firearms than we have in years. Folks were buying everything. Some of our consignment guns were very high. The sellers wanted a set price and would not budge.I would tell folks that they were much much less in Oct. of 08 but they did not care. Most statements were I need to buy it "before they are banned".

I did see plenty of NES folks. Sorry I could not talk longer but we were swamped. Milsurp , Fooped, etc. etc. Great to see all of you folks.

I did buy a Colt 1911 collectors edition unfired with the original manuals \paperwork and wooden display case with the original tissue paper registration documents from the 80's. Guy came in 15 minutes before we closed today. Came directly to our table asked me if I was interested in buying it. He bought it new and said he was just to old to hang on to stuff. I asked how much he wanted. He said...................$400. I told him that was WAY under the book value. Showed him the book and what it sells for. He said he just wants to get rid of it. So I had to help the poor guy out. $400 later I am the proud owner!!![smile]

This is two shows in a row that I have have been blessed by the Great Gods of Firearm Deals[bow]

Thanks Scott, right back atcha! [smile]

Nice to see some familiar faces there.

Jshooter, I didn't see you....we must've just missed each other. [sad2]

K-Dub, Too bad we didn't see each other it would have been great to catch up, talk to you at some point, John

Got there around 1300. Parked practically at the front door. Strolled around at my leisure. I think the biggest crowds hit it in the morning.

Pete's Gun Shop had a Walther PPS selling for $529.00 and that's the cheapest I've seen so far. I like that gun! Nice guy behind the counter, had a major cast on his hand but I didn't get his name.

Is anyone familiar with Pete's Gun Shop in Adams, MA and if so, do you think I stand a chance of getting the same deal in about two week's time?

I've had great luck with Pete's. I met a guy at the range one day who works there part time and he struck me as a reasonable guy so I went to check it out. It's a little far from my house so I don't goy that oten But, in general, most everything I've heard about the place is pretty positive. I get the impression that if you come in and say, "You offered me this piece at $529 a few weeks ago but I didn't have the money at the time. If I could buy it right now would you make me that same offer?" I bet the owner will do that for you.

Last edited:
Thanks Scott, right back atcha! [smile]

Nice to see some familiar faces there.

Jshooter, I didn't see you....we must've just missed each other. [sad2]

I think I saw you, but I thought you were going to be there Saturday. Long, dark, curly hair? I really was going to go up to you and ask, but I was convinced that you were there Saturday. Doh!

Made out like a fat rat in a cheese factory. Got some great deals on small pistol primers, .38 spec. ammo and a little bit of 7.62NATO M80 ball. Also some parts for the M1911 .45 auto, bore brushes and a small curved hemostat. Well worth the trip.

I think I saw you, but I thought you were going to be there Saturday. Long, dark, curly hair? I really was going to go up to you and ask, but I was convinced that you were there Saturday. Doh!

Bummer Gary, you should've said hi! What's the worst thing that could have happened if you asked? [wink]

I just finished the beef jerky I bought....the hot stuff. Holy jeebus, I'll have no bathroom troubles for a week. I can't feel my lips right now.

Back
Top Bottom