• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlborough MA 1/27 & 28 2024Please

There was a guy a few years ago who made custom ear plugs. The case says earinc.com which is now some other company. Anyone know if anyone will be doing these at the shows, or where to get them done. I love my pair, but going to need new ones soon.

There was a guy a few years ago who made custom ear plugs. The case says earinc.com which is now some other company. Anyone know if anyone will be doing these at the shows, or where to get them done. I love my pair, but going to need new ones soon.
I have not seen that guy for years. I also could use a new set or two.

I saw the earplugs guy there maybe two years ago now? Promptly lost them. Found these at Cabelas: https://www.amazon.com/Radians-Cust...F+O5021pAnSA==&sprefix=radians,aps,140&sr=8-3

They are not quite as soft as the ones the earplug guy makes at the show, but they are just as quiet and 1/6 the price.

Not sure where you are but my club on the cape has a guy coming up. The 27th starting at 9. $75 .

It's Stephen brown from ear safety systems

The last thing I bought from the Marlborough gun show was when someone was there engraving lowers. So I had him engrave 4 lowers while I walked around

Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded. [party]
Oh I wouldn't ever say that " people don't go there" but that doesn't mean that the show actually has anything you want to buy or that the people that go there actually buy anything. 🤣 I've worked shows at Marlboro and other places where the gate count was like many thousands of people yet nobody buys anything. Although I will say that when Shooting Supply wasn't banned they actually would have reasonable prices and would always draw a good crowd. Once they got banned that was the end of that.

The guys at the mill and deli ticket emporium and MFS should send her a love letter and roses, because at best all that show does is drive people into the real shops. 🤣

I was going to go for something to do with my son but he’s sick so we skipped

Oh I wouldn't ever say that " people don't go there" but that doesn't mean that the show actually has anything you want to buy or that the people that go there actually buy anything. 🤣 I've worked shows at Marlboro and other places where the gate count was like many thousands of people yet nobody buys anything. Although I will say that when Shooting Supply wasn't banned they actually would have reasonable prices and would always draw a good crowd. Once they got banned that was the end of that.

The guys at the mill and deli ticket emporium and MFS should send her a love letter and roses, because at best all that show does is drive people into the real shops. 🤣
I guess it goes back to the question: "Why do people continue to attend if it's as bad as you say"? It's not like these people are all first time attendees who don't have a clue in the world why they are going? Truth is that's it's more of a social or entertainment event than it is a buying trip. Yes, sometimes you get lucky and find something you want or need (I have... many times)... but I've been to shows where I walked out empty-handed, but still had a good time and no regrets for spending a couple hours talking and walking among folks with the same interests.

And BTW, the Shooting Supply thing was WAY over-rated. I was there those days and watched the whole scene... didn't find anything on their tables that interested me... and their prices could be easily matched elsewhere. Yes, they royally pissed off the Tombstone owner and he has a lot of influence with the show promoter... too much influence in my opinion.

Anyone go that can report back on prices for powder and primers. avoiding hazmat can sometimes make it worth the price of admission

I guess it goes back to the question: "Why do people continue to attend if it's as bad as you say"? It's not like these people are all first time attendees who don't have a clue in the world why they are going? Truth is that's it's more of a social or entertainment event than it is a buying trip. Yes, sometimes you get lucky and find something you want or need (I have... many times)... but I've been to shows where I walked out empty-handed, but still had a good time and no regrets for spending a couple hours talking and walking among folks with the same interests.

Judging by the tire kickers a lot of them are newbies but yeah there is a social thing too. I get that.

Going and not buying anything at all though is generally a bad sign.

Popular doesn't = good, btw. Some of us aren't Househusbands who are just trying to get away from their wife for a couple of hours by strolling the gun show. Some of us used to go to those things to, you know.... actually buy stuff. 🤣

And BTW, the Shooting Supply thing was WAY over-rated. I was there those days and watched the whole scene... didn't find anything on their tables that interested me... and their prices could be easily matched elsewhere. Yes, they royally pissed off the Tombstone owner and he has a lot of influence with the show promoter... too much influence in my opinion.
It's not overrated when your tables have stuff that's 10-20% cheaper than everybody else's because they're not completely market tone deaf.

On top of that the promoter also invented up a bunch of fake rules about Mass gun laws to screen a bunch of stuff out of the shows that otherwise was completely legal.

Some of us that used to go to gun shows would actually go in with a cart expecting to buy a case or two of something. There used to be aggressive competition once in awhile for business which meant lower prices. They're also used to be lots of specialty vendors that had cool knives and things like that. A lot of those people have been replaced with junk vendors.

Back
Top Bottom