• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shriner's Gunshow - Wilmington, MA - March 7,8

It can be ok on the first day. You never know what will turn up. Its a good sized place but the ammo selection can be sparse. I always tell folks, go to the New Hampshire shows for ammo. NO SALES TAX!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to work at the show for a local dealer so my weekend will...well lets say I wont have a choice of attending or not.

I think I got the flyer for this... so the reality is this is on the 5th and 6th. The fact that I got the card is a good sign. In the past this show had always been an unknown as to whether or not it was going to happen.

-Mike

This will be the 4th or 5th (CRS Syndrome) straight year we'll have a table there. After a bit of an absence it's been pretty consistent. Carol that runs dealer checkin does a great job. I'll be at the MVGC table Saturday, stop by and say hello!

Ammo selection is usually better as well. Last couple shows at this venue had a second ammo vendor who had much better prices then the NY boys that typically set up at MA shows.

I think I'll be there on Saturday morning. The wife is coming along as we are heading out to Boston afterwards. Hummm, this could put a serious crimp on me buying something.[thinking]

loose-lips-sink-ships.jpg

Ammo selection is usually better as well. Last couple shows at this venue had a second ammo vendor who had much better prices then the NY boys that typically set up at MA shows.

If a 2nd large ammo vendor shows up, things get interesting... if not, then the ammo prices will suck badly, as they did at Marlboro with a tiny handful of minor exceptions.

-Mike

I know of at least one club that will be offering a pretty nice discount for new members who sign up at the show. [wink]

what are the average costs for transfer prices at this show?

It's impossible to know this. MA rates vary from $25-$50 for a transfer, and if you are just trying to go person to person, good luck with that... many dealers will be too busy with sales to deal with P2P transfers at a gun show. As a side note FS, Collectors, and Northshore Firearms are not far away from this show, but I bet any of them will be packed with the "went to the show, got pissed off, now I want normal stuff" crowd. [grin]

-Mike

P2P transfers?

It's impossible to know this. MA rates vary from $25-$50 for a transfer, and if you are just trying to go person to person, good luck with that... many dealers will be too busy with sales to deal with P2P transfers at a gun show. As a side note FS, Collectors, and Northshore Firearms are not far away from this show, but I bet any of them will be packed with the "went to the show, got pissed off, now I want normal stuff" crowd. [grin]

-Mike

Why would I need to pay a dealer to do a transfer if I wanted to sell a gun to an individual? Because I exceeded the 4 guns per year rule?

Why would I need to pay a dealer to do a transfer if I wanted to sell a gun to an individual? Because I exceeded the 4 guns per year rule?

Yes. MA residents are max 4 FTF sales per calendar year via FA-10s. Dealer based transfers are exempt so they don't count against that limit. Some of us use dealer transfers "preventatively" so we don't suck up all of our FTFs, just in case.

-Mike

I should be there in the late morning/noon time with a couple of buddies. I'll probably end up stopping by FS on my way back out.

I'll probably be wearing a tan spikes tactical hat.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom