• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shriner's Gunshow - Wilmington, MA - March 7,8

Originally Posted by mac1911
I wont be able to go but sending some new to gun owners ships fellows down...
Originally Posted by Squished
I'm sorry, but I can't comprehend the English in this sentence. Try again?

sorry guys, been working on very little sleep. 2 5month old twins and a 3 year old have me running.

I could not make it. So I sent some guys that are new to firearms ownership to the show.

Anyone see the Hitman walking around again? I laugh every time I see him. My girlfriend caught him this time.

hitman-movie-pic.jpg

Originally Posted by mac1911
I wont be able to go but sending some new to gun owners ships fellows down...
Originally Posted by Squished
I'm sorry, but I can't comprehend the English in this sentence. Try again?

sorry guys, been working on very little sleep. 2 5month old twins and a 3 year old have me running.

I could not make it. So I sent some guys that are new to firearms ownership to the show.

I was just busting on you, I broke out my hooked on phonics book and figured it out.

Seemed like a good turn out. Almost got clocked in the face by some guy swinging an M1 around. Picked up a Spanish mauser and some a few small things here and there prices were meh.

Anyone else notice the ATF booth at the back? Those guys looked bored to tears. [laugh]

Huh? What were they doing there? A buy-back program? [laugh]

Seriously, I've attended and worked a lot of gun shows over the years and never seen BATFE present (knowingly . . . as in a booth).

Huh? What were they doing there? A buy-back program? [laugh]

Seriously, I've attended and worked a lot of gun shows over the years and never seen BATFE present (knowingly . . . as in a booth).

Look like they are answering C&R application question. [smile][smile]

I got there about 11:00 and saw a guy getting arrested and hauled away.
He was an old guy that looked like Gabby Hayes.
Three cops cuffed and stuffed him.
Don't know why, but I think alcohol may have been involved. [rolleyes]

Only met two new NES'ers this time, Martlett and Lord1234.

Yup, lots of cheap Chinese LED flashlights with batteries.
I bought a bunch. I'll stick one in every vehicle, scatter a few around the house and give some to my nephews to play with. [smile]

I wasn't really looking to purchase anything in particular, except beef jerky, I was just looking for that odd deal. I like lever action rifles and couldn't believe the prices on Winchester 9422's. [shocked]
I saw a Browning BL-22 for a reasonable price (IMHO, the best .22 lever gun made) and a rare Ithaca 49R which was missing the magazine spring tube.
I also got to check out a few different Henrys.
That youth model is tiny, you can stuff it down your pant leg!

Lately I've had an urge for a skinny barreled Colt revolver.
I noticed quite a few Colt New Police and Police Positives going for reasonable money.
I hope the prices stay low, funds were short this month, I blew my load in Florida. [wink]

This is my first gunshow. Overall, I will return to a gunshow. I spend about 1+ hours walking around and check out vendors. Some ammo price are not too bad. $9.99 for a box of 50 9mm FMJ. Got a few manufacturer choices too, i.e american eagle, speer.... Cheaper than Wally world.

I would have jump on getting 1000rds american eagle 9mm FMJ for $198 or $330 per 1000rds of XM193. But I don't want to pay the mass tax, so I skipped.

I ended up purchase a 10rds 9mm magazine for my USP 9mm for $20. I think I found a preban USP 9mm magazine, but I didn't take my chance. If anyone heading back there tomorrow, go find it. The magazine do have a mark "IR" on it. Some googling seems to show it's preban.

Oh, and to the stupid vendor with the endless amounts of guns with "NOT MASS OK" on the tag, you sir, are a moron.

That guy is a jerk. I asked to see a firearm from the case simply because I had never handled one and he said since it was not MA ok it couldn't even leave the display case because it would be breaking federal law. When I pointed out an AR that he had laying out on the table right next to it with a "Not MA ok" label on it and asked what the difference was, he walked away from me.

I thought it wasn't too bad. Ammo prices were OK but nothing incredible in the 40 cal department, at least that I saw. Can anyone tell me who these two clowns are who show up at every gun show? Are they some sort of act? Multicam everything (pack, mag pouches, etc). Retarded sideburns, spray on tan, clear signs of steroid abuse. Usually carrying around what I think is a real AR with a mag in it.

IMG954788.jpg

P.S, if you are members on this site, don't expect an apology, you define tool/douche/clambag/etc.

Mike

Anyone see the Hitman walking around again? I laugh every time I see him. My girlfriend caught him this time.

hitman-movie-pic.jpg

HAHA I saw this guy eyeball F'ing some crazy ninja knife. [laugh]

IMG954788.jpg

P.S, if you are members on this site, don't expect an apology, you define tool/douche/clambag/etc.

Mike

I didn't think anyone would see me all camo'd out. [laugh]

I was there shortly after it opened and got in much later than that...damn line was huge. If you were there I'm sure you stepped on my foot, bumped into me, pushed me out of the way, cut in front of me while I was looking at something, or we rubbed against a variety of each others body parts at some point.

I saw a couple NESers sporting Zombie Response Team hoodies. I was gonna say hi but decided to remain incognito. LOL I saw a 20 round box of 32 Win special ammo for $127.00. I'm guessing it was marked wrong but who can really tell. One guy had a bunch of Sierra and Hornady 52gr .22 hollowpoint match grade bullets (not loaded ammo for non reloaders) for $10 a box. That was probably the only real deal I saw.

I ended up buying one of those small lock boxes for my truck and some jerky. I should have gone to work instead!

If you go to a home show or a camping show or a car show the dealers have deals, specials at decent prices, loss leaders, to get business etc. Gun shows take the crap that doesn't sell anywhere else and marks it up 30-50%. Yah, it puts lots of crap in front of your face in one place but really, its a waste of time. There were a few tables there that probably didn't have enough merchandise to make the cost of being there for the weekend. Not every old rusty piece of junk is collectable or valuable. They'd really be better off to take all that crap and have an auction.

I thought it wasn't too bad. Ammo prices were OK but nothing incredible in the 40 cal department, at least that I saw. Can anyone tell me who these two clowns are who show up at every gun show? Are they some sort of act? Multicam everything (pack, mag pouches, etc). Retarded sideburns, spray on tan, clear signs of steroid abuse. Usually carrying around what I think is a real AR with a mag in it.

IMG954788.jpg

Mike

Saw those two. Didn't think anything about it. Just a quick glance over my shoulder and assumed they were Guard on their way to a weekend 'assignment'. But now that you mention it, and after studying your pic, I have to say, I am at a loss at what those two are up to. Some form of LARPING, for grown men? No... I really think it's something more serious.[hmmm]...[shocked]

IMG954788.jpg

Mike

They claimed to be contractors, but wouldn't say who they worked for.

IMG954788.jpg

Mike

Dude on the right has a mismatched uniform, and dude on the left needs to learn how to blouse he pants. They probably aren't active duty if even guard. If they are, they're slackers based on their appearance.

Being a vendor, I got a chance to speak with them. They said they were overseas contractors. They claimed to make about 200g 's a year. But in all honestly the spent dough.
Spent 100 with me... 300 with guy next to me. Who knows what else. They are not tire kickers lol most in attendance.
I don't pass judgement, so who knows if they are for real. Does it matter ?

Being a vendor, I got a chance to speak with them. They said they were overseas contractors. They claimed to make about 200g 's a year. But in all honestly the spent dough.
Spent 100 with me... 300 with guy next to me. Who knows what else. They are not tire kickers lol most in attendance.
I don't pass judgement, so who knows if they are for real. Does it matter ?

If they're overseas contractors, why are they at every gunshow, and not...overseas?

[thinking]

After the marlborough show I found one of them at zero hour arms. Still sporting full multicam hydration bladder and hank of camo rope. It was the shorter one. Now I think he cloned.himself.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

After the marlborough show I found one of them at zero hour arms. Still sporting full multicam hydration bladder and hank of camo rope. It was the shorter one. Now I think he cloned.himself.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I know quite a few contractors. None of them walk around like that.

Back
Top Bottom