• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shriner's Gunshow - Wilmington, MA - March 7,8

Anyone been to this? It's literally around the corner from my house, ~2 miles tops and I've never been. If anyone is going to be a dealer there and needs some help let me know.....

I've been to it a few times. It's not a bad show. I like it because there are several ammo dealers inside, which give the rip off NY guys some competition and you can usually get a somewhat better deal on ammo. Word of warning. One guy will be selling 200 rnd cans of "Nato" 7.62x51 ammo for cheap. It actually Indian crap ammo and unless you have solid bolt rifles, do not use it in semi autos.

I've been to it a few times. It's not a bad show. I like it because there are several ammo dealers inside, which give the rip off NY guys some competition and you can usually get a somewhat better deal on ammo. Word of warning. One guy will be selling 200 rnd cans of "Nato" 7.62x51 ammo for cheap. It actually Indian crap ammo and unless you have solid bolt rifles, do not use it in semi autos.

2nd. The last time I was there, I got a good deal on ammo and the place wasn't nearly as crowded as Marlboro.

I wasn't at Marlboro this time around so I can't say for sure. Doubtful as Marlboro only seems to have one major ammo seller at their shows. I wonder if that's done on purpose.

The guy I was referencing has a setup just as big as the NY guys. They are typically on the opposite ends of the building in Wilmington.

I wasn't at Marlboro this time around so I can't say for sure. Doubtful as Marlboro only seems to have one major ammo seller at their shows. I wonder if that's done on purpose.

The guy I was referencing has a setup just as big as the NY guys. They are typically on the opposite ends of the building in Wilmington.

I think that's the guy from VT. He's in his late 50's/early 60's and usually has his wife helping him at the table.

Lots of milsurp stuff.
Some good deals on ammo.
Guns you can't buy in MA they show make your stomach turn. AGAIN
Worth the trip especially if your looking for something inparticular that someone might have. Plus it's on the North Shore!
Gets pretty crowded at some of the booths though.

So Squished, you're either from Wilmington or North Reading, judging from your comment. I grew up in NR and currently reside in Wilmington. I'll be going to the show on Saturday. Maybe we can get a little NEShooters gathering going!

Beld

2nd. The last time I was there, I got a good deal on ammo and the place wasn't nearly as crowded as Marlboro.

And Obama wasn't our President. Get used to the crowds . . . until the shows are banned! [rolleyes]

And the food is MUCH better. [smile]

Shriners DO know how to cook!! The "Belly Masons" prepare the food! [laugh]

Can free staters buy ammo at a MA gun show?

Legally? No. But again, nobody has ever asked or carded me when buying ammo (or mags) at any gun show in MA. So, you shouldn't have any problems. The greedy guys from NY will sell to anyone flashing the green!

And Obama wasn't our President. Get used to the crowds . . . until the shows are banned! [rolleyes]

Yes, but even a year ago, it wasn't as crowded as the Marlboro show that happened a month before it.

Of course, that's not guarantee of what it'll be like this time. IIRC, last year it was the first year it was back in Wilmington for a year or two and wasn't as well advertised.

I can hope at least.

Legally? No. But again, nobody has ever asked or carded me when buying ammo (or mags) at any gun show in MA. So, you shouldn't have any problems. The greedy guys from NY will sell to anyone flashing the green!

I got carded at Marlboro buying ammo and mags. Must be because i look arab.

Anyone know the address for this gun show?

Last edited:
Nice, I didn't even know bout this show. I live in Wilmington, bout 5 min from the place. Definatly will be there [smile]

They have a jerky vendor?

In years past, the jerky guy was always there at Wilmington, but he wasn't there the last time. But then again, the turnout for the whole show was rather low last time. Which is nice if you hate huge crowds and like some elbow room to browse around. I don't expect that to be the case at the next one unless there's a big weather event, like a blizzard, that keeps people home.

Isn't this one of the shows that ends up getting canceled half the time? I won't believe it until someone calls a day before to confirm it's actually happening.

-Mike

Alrighty then! We have at least two Wilmington members and one from NR. Where shall we have our NESshooters official gun show meeting? It would be nice to get some lunch and put some faces to names.

David

Wilmington Flyer

I tried scanning this smaller but the directions became, on my screen at least, almost illegible.

show001.jpg

OK im penciled in for Sat, wheres a good Breakfast near there. Anyone know how much to get in?

Based on Marlboro, likely $10 to attend.

Food at Shriners should be good, not like the commercial stuff at other gun shows. "Belly Masons" cook the food there. [laugh]

Drop by the GOAL table, my Wife and I will be working it on Saturday, at least part of the day. Don't know who else will be working it, will check with Kim closer to the date.

Back
Top Bottom