Shriner's Gunshow - Wilmington, MA - March 7,8

I want bacon too badly when I get there, I move as fast thru the line as I can so I can get to my bacon [smile]
I used to go to the one in lynn on my way to school almost every morning, I almost got run over by other patrons...

The Omelet House in Wakefield on Water Street is fantastic, just packed. It is near the old railroad tracks at the end of Vernon Street. I went to Brother's once, never again.

The Omelet House in Wakefield on Water Street is fantastic, just packed. It is near the old railroad tracks at the end of Vernon Street. I went to Brother's once, never again.

Not impressed by Omlette HQ, depot, place or whatever - crowded yes, worth it no. IMO

North Ave Diner is better

Agree with Brothers - although they do have a lot of space.

Do not go to Captain's Diner, not even to ask directions away from there just keep going.

Is Captain's Diner on Broadway near Crystal Lake? I remember Dory's Seafood in the small strip mall there. We used to get fish from them regularly before they closed.

I've been to North Ave diner a few times, not bad.

It is???? This isn't the frugal gun gourmet discussing eateries in the Wakefield area???? I think I'm in the wrong forum. [laugh]

I'm going to the show, it is a short drive from my father's house. I can visit him and see some nice toys.

I actually got a coupon card in the mail about this show.

OMG- does this mean its actually going to happen? [rofl]

-Mike

May I suggest gathering at Fuddruckers on North Ave in Wakefield inside Jordans Furnuture. Plenty big enough to accomodate a few dozen weary showgoers afterwards.

The two times I've been there the lines were out of the restaurant and into Beantown. Is that just me or is it always like that?
And the last time I was there is was hell to get a table - is during the day easier to sit together?
Otherwise, I love the food there...
And maybe we can all swing around on the trapeze afterwards!

The two times I've been there the lines were out of the restaurant and into Beantown. Is that just me or is it always like that?
And the last time I was there is was hell to get a table - is during the day easier to sit together?
Otherwise, I love the food there...
And maybe we can all swing around on the trapeze afterwards!

Trapeze = Awesome. first thing they teach you is to do a back flip off the thing [smile]

so are we picking a place to meet up? im all set for breakfast cause i dont want to be standing in line on a full stomach but i can do lunch if people are down

I've never been to a gun show. Is either of the statements on the StopHandgunViolence.Org billboard true?
1. "No ID required"
2. "No background checks"

I've never been to a gun show. Is either of the statements on the StopHandgunViolence.Org billboard true?
1. "No ID required"

# 1 is not true and #2 is mostly not true.

1.To legally buy a firearm in MA, at a gunshow or not, you will need a LTC/FID.
2. If buying from a dealer a a NICs check is made, if buying from an individual (a person can sell 4 guns FTF a year in MA) there is no NICs check, so no "background check" is made at that time. However the state did a check on you when you got your LTC (which you'll need to purchase)

I will state that if you buy jerky or beanie babies there is no license or background check made for those purchases, maybe this is the loophole they speak of. . .

1. "No ID required"

1) TRUE - There is NO ID required to enter the gun show, just the cost of admission.

2) TRUE - There is no backgorund check to enter the gun show. Again, just the cost of admission.

The purchase of firearms within the show will fall under what JoeT mentioned.

Now looks like I'll be going on Saturday. Any plans to meet up with other NES'ers while at the show (as opposed to afterwards up in Salem)? I may be under time contraints with the friend I'm bringing (who also happens to be on NES).

I'm pretty sure I'm going, think Laryk will be too. May be down for meeting up afterward depending on what's decided.

Back
Top Bottom