S&W Shield Reviews

FS has one on demo. Was @ FS tonight and I got to handle the shield. So far, I like it. It's slim and very glockalike. Price is right too.

For a CCW personal defense weapon, I think I'll wait for the Shield to come out in a .45 version. Not sure if I want something that small as first line of defense. Looks like a nice back-up gun for an ankle holster though. I already have the MP 9mmC and the MP full size 9mm.

For a CCW personal defense weapon, I think I'll wait for the Shield to come out in a .45 version. Not sure if I want something that small as first line of defense. Looks like a nice back-up gun for an ankle holster though. I already have the MP 9mmC and the MP full size 9mm.

They haven't said anything about it coming out as a 45.

They got it out right now as a 9 and are saying a 40 will be out soon.

No, it's not. It's larger. Yes I am nitpicking, but when you are talking guns this small .1 inch makes a difference.

-Mike

If they had made it the same size as the PM9 I'd be all over it because i want a lightweight pocket gun that holds more than 5 rounds. It seems they're going after the LC9 market but it's even a bit larger than that one based on the pictures I've seen. I'll stick with my G19 or MK9 if i want to IWB carry. I think they've dropped the ball on this one.

For a little 9mm handgun cost less than $400, it's a no brainer. Shield would be a hot item when it's available in MA. Other contender like Kahr PM9 or Sig P938 will cost at least 50+% more. I won't compare this handgun with Glock G19/G26. Shield is on my buy list now.

yanici said:
The supply will be dried up by the time we get it on the EOPS list. Probably one to two year wait, heh heh!

Collector in stoneham is taking Pre-order now. Get your name on the list. [wink]

Sent from iPhone 5 using Forum Runner

I was thinking the opposite... I have a BG380 and I have a M&P9c. I wish they took the BG and made it bigger and a 9mm instead of taking a M&P style and making it smaller/single stack.

I don't see much difference stylistically honestly. I do think the more aggressive serrations on the back of the slide is an improvement. That's my only gripe about the BG380.

Back
Top Bottom