S&W Shield Reviews

It wouldn't be a bad idea to pay ahead at Four Seasons, but you might be tying up your money for a while to save $24 in tax, sometimes these release dates run a bit later than expected.

They, FS, ordered 500 of the Shields, I was told. There is a box that looked like it had about 100 or more orders stacked up in chronological order by order date. I'd be really surprised if S&W sent 500 guns out to FS in the first shipment. I could be wrong though. BTW, my order is in the top 20 so it's looking pretty good. I called on August 7th at 9:15 AM to order.

When this first shipment is gone there will be a lag before any more come in, if things go like at other shops across the U.S. They can't make 'em fast enough.

I was at FS today to pick up a 10-22 Ruger takedown and some ammo and as usual it was packed. Half the calls into the store during the 90 minutes I was there were from people asking them to hold product until Saturday. They are quoting a MINIMUM of a 3 hour processing time to get in and out.

You all can decide what your time is worth. If I didn't need something on Saturday or I wasn't saving an a$$load of money, I would stay clear that day, especially on a gun that I couldn't even take home. Even if the gun was $500, is $32.50 worth 3-4 hours? Yikes!

I was at FS today to pick up a 10-22 Ruger takedown and some ammo and as usual it was packed. Half the calls into the store during the 90 minutes I was there were from people asking them to hold product until Saturday. They are quoting a MINIMUM of a 3 hour processing time to get in and out.

You all can decide what your time is worth. If I didn't need something on Saturday or I wasn't saving an a$$load of money, I would stay clear that day, especially on a gun that I couldn't even take home. Even if the gun was $500, is $32.50 worth 3-4 hours? Yikes!

I feel the same way. Saving sales tax is not enough to make blowing a whole day waiting worthwhile to me. I will just wait until my local GS gets them in, and pay the tax.

I feel the same way. Saving sales tax is not enough to make blowing a whole day waiting worthwhile to me. I will just wait until my local GS gets them in, and pay the tax.

There are plenty of other gun shops with little to no wait on tax free day(s). in MA.

-Mike

Yep. I couldn't agree with you more. The guns I am looking at now are around $300, $400, so the tax is not worth the waiting and CHAOS at most gun shops. I have only been to FS last year. What a nightmare.

Why is the overall height of this gun more than the compact version?

Also, judging by the MSRP what will the shop price be on the .40 version?

I am #6 on a waiting list at Holliston Firearms (put my name on it back in May). Today I went in and paid for it to save a few bucks on tax. Can't wait until I can pick it up.

I'm optimistic about a manageable trigger on the Shield, even at 10 lbs. Hopefully the engineers at S & W have done their homework, and presented a trigger that won't have to be altered. My MA compliant Ruger LCR trigger was great right out of the box, so it can be done...

Back
Top Bottom