S&W Shield Reviews

People want what is new and what they can't have [smile]

Other than that, I just like the look of the shield over the PPS. And the feel/features.

EDIT: Also...

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Four Seasons to see the S&W M&P Shield. I was very impressed. The store employee told me that MA would be keeping the 6.5# trigger. I was so impressed with the gun that I pre-ordered one. Really nice gun! I also pre-ordered a DeSantis holster from Optics Planet.

Just FYI, I was looking at Bob's shooting range gun rentals. He has a Shield listed. So, you can try one in Salisbury if you'd like for 10 bucks.

True story. I've shot it at Bob's a couple of times. Love it.

ETA: I'm actually shooting it at Bob's in my avatar pic.

Both the "consumer protection" law and the AG's handgun regulations govern what an FFL can [STRIKE=undefined]SELL[/STRIKE] TRANSFER.

FIFY

It may seem like a nit to some, but the distinction has massive implications. Whether it was an inheritance that someone stupidly listened to the cops and asked a FFL to transfer, or a family member transfer with no money involved, EOPS List and AG Regs apply if a MA FFL is involved, period!

FIFY

It may seem like a nit to some, but the distinction has massive implications. Whether it was an inheritance that someone stupidly listened to the cops and asked a FFL to transfer, or a family member transfer with no money involved, EOPS List and AG Regs apply if a MA FFL is involved, period!

Thanks, Len. That is indeed a very important distinction.

I went to Four Seasons to see the S&W M&P Shield. I was very impressed. The store employee told me that MA would be keeping the 6.5# trigger

That would be great. Although in the past the AG has apparently not been happy with external safeties on striker fired pistols, it really should be fine with the 6.5lber.

Btw if this is the case, we'll just give getting the version everyone else is getting I guess?

I just got a chance to fondle a shield about an hour ago at Flint Arms. Honestly I'm in love with my SR9c and its the gun I carry and it's the best shooter I own. The shield has a longer grip that felt like a glove in my hand. To tell you the truth I wanted to take it home right then and there, super thin and they were nice enough to let me dry fire it a few times and the trigger was as light if not better than the SR9c. When MA, gun shops get a item before it is compliant is that the way the trigger pull will be for MA? or don't hold my breath? If that gun has the MA specific trigger pull BS I'm sold on the shield.

I just got a chance to fondle a shield about an hour ago at Flint Arms. Honestly I'm in love with my SR9c and its the gun I carry and it's the best shooter I own. The shield has a longer grip that felt like a glove in my hand. To tell you the truth I wanted to take it home right then and there, super thin and they were nice enough to let me dry fire it a few times and the trigger was as light if not better than the SR9c. When MA, gun shops get a item before it is compliant is that the way the trigger pull will be for MA? or don't hold my breath? If that gun has the MA specific trigger pull BS I'm sold on the shield.

Any shields in MA shops have the free state 6.5 lb trigger. MA will reportedly get the 10 lb trigger

That would be great. Although in the past the AG has apparently not been happy with external safeties on striker fired pistols, it really should be fine with the 6.5lber.

Btw if this is the case, we'll just give getting the version everyone else is getting I guess?

I like this approach. Because you can just remove the external safety and wala, you have a gun with a non MA gay trigger.

This is from another thread:
I called S&W today and was told that the MA compliant Sheild would have a 10 lb trigger. Buy stock in Apex because they will be selling a lot of kits.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/160964-Shield-MA-release-date/page7

I have two M&P 40's (FS & C).

I had Greg Derr tune both of them up for me, they are a sweet, very easy, very smooth 5.5 Lb Trigger now (I have two trigger gauges).

I just bought a M&P 45 FS today, it has a pull of 10.5 Lb's and is very gritty and breaks real hard, it will be going to Greg to tune this one up.

I will be buying a Shield when that comes out (Oct. by S&W Website) and that will go to Greg also.

Greg Derr: http://www.derrprecision.com/

_S&W M&P SHIELD WEBSITE_9

_S&W M&P SHIELD WEBSITE_40

SKU: 180051 9mm

SKU: 180050 40S&W

Estimated Availability - October 2012

Last edited:
Four Seasons will be accepting FULL payments of the Shield this Tax Free Saturday :
We are taking a limited number of PAID IN FULL orders for the S&W SHIELD 9mm and .40sw pistols. Pay for one in full on Saturday 8/11/12 and you will not pay the MA sales tax. $399.95 credit / $389 C, CH, D
Unfortunately, we cannot give you a delivery date. We have large orders placed with our suppliers.

Thought I'd let you all know!

Since I work on Saturday and can't make it to Four Seasons before 4PM, does anyone know if there will be extended hours during thid tax free weekend?

Back
Top Bottom