Trigger job on a S&W Bodyguard 380?

I’ve owned both. The BG is what is is. It’s super lightweight and works…almost always anyway. The G42 is the softest shooting gun i’ve ever owned, but I preferred the BG’s heavy trigger for pocket carry and the G42 feels significantly bigger.

They’re not target guns and I don’t know why people treat them as if they are.
The BG was just poor quality. It feels cheap, the trigger blows and it's objectively not as reliable as a G42

Waste of money, waste of time. If it is going to be your carry gun just learn to shoot it, learn the quarks and the guns feel. It is never going to be a target gun and will only be used at close range maybe five feet. Practice point and shoot and the trigger and learn the gun I don't think you will be using this gun in a movie type shoot out at longer ranges, if so you have entirely the wrong gun. Time to rethink.

Last edited:
I had one like 15 years ago. Was one of the biggest pieces of shit I ever owned.

If you want a pocket .380 the choice is pretty easy and it's Glock 42.
Glock 42 is a better gun no doubt, but it is bigger and heavier.

For some the difference in size and weight is negligible. But for me as a pocket carry gun, and a gun I take when riding my bike or out for a run the difference is noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom