Trigger job on a S&W Bodyguard 380?

Nope but if you do go with it, keep us posted. Why does it need a new hammer in the kit?
I'd be interested in trying it on 1

I’m not sure. It may be one of the improvements on the original kit as they were getting light primer strikes.

The trigger pull is just long and gritty but it’s DAO so a long pull is expected. The kit shortens the pull but I’m not really sure that it does anything to smooth it out and maybe lighten it some. The reviews are mixed and it seems to be the only option out there.

I’m not sure if it is an improvement or a solution for a problem that is over hyped.

I’m not sure. It may be one of the improvements on the original kit as they were getting light primer strikes.

The trigger pull is just long and gritty but it’s DAO so a long pull is expected. The kit shortens the pull but I’m not really sure that it does anything to smooth it out and maybe lighten it some. The reviews are mixed and it seems to be the only option out there.

I’m not sure if it is an improvement or a solution for a problem that is over hyped.
Maybe about the light primer strikes but even with a heavier hammer (if that's the case) will lighter springs really improve it?

No personal experience myself. I couldnt ever get comfortable shooting the bodyguard.

That said, Joe at outer limits has been my go to. Did great trigger work on my M&Ps and shield

I inherited a BG380 from a friend who lost his license. I was really unimpressed with it, sold it cheaply to someone who wanted it.

.380's make good pocket pistols, I've got a couple of them in the safe, PPK/S, Colt Mustang, Sig 238; but in today's world you can find a micro 9 that's got better ballistics in about the same size package.

My BG 380 has a super long trigger pull, you almost start to think it won't go bang but it does.

It is not fun to shoot but it is not intended to be a range gun. It is a compact carry gun that fits nice in a pocket holster and is very concealable.

The trigger sucks and it hurts to shoot it but I like mine as a carry gun. Especially for the summer months because it conceals well under light clothing.

I am not going to mess with the long trigger on mine, I look at it as a safety feature. I don't shoot it much for obvious reasons but I do exercise it to maintain my confidence in it, it runs good but my hand is sore!!!

If you ever end up in court over ceasing a threat , the prosecuting attorneys will love hearing about your "modified trigger" . Word to the wise keep it OEM .

The gun people love to bash. The reality it shoots good and does what it should at a fair price. Don't spend money trying to modify. It's not a target gun, what do you people expect. It shoots just as well as any other pocket gun. And no those slim 9's are not as small or light.
The reality is that it’s a cheap firearm and you get exactly what you paid for.

I agree it’s not a target gun and it’s not worth modifying.

If you’re going to bet your life on a gun - spend what your life’s worth; it’s not the time to skinflint.

Personally, I carry a G43X w shield 15 round mag and a backup G31 with 17 rounds, a light and a dot.

My 380s pretty much live in the safe.

Just sell it and start with something else instead. There are plenty of weird smith people that will buy it, and you can start with an LCPII or pretty much anything else thats fundamentally better than that gun.

If you ever end up in court over ceasing a threat , the prosecuting attorneys will love hearing about your "modified trigger" . Word to the wise keep it OEM .

eff that noise, right up the ass with a rusty shovel. That gun is almost UNUSABLE out of the box with that stock trigger.

Some of you guys have to stop sniffing Ayoob's glue fumes. [rofl]

Especially so when they are talking about drgrant's favorite pistol! [troll]

There are worse ones than that, but not many.

The BG380 carries on the lineage of the original Smegma 380, which was a piece of pot metal garbage that had a magazine you had to pinch the sides on to remove. THAT thing was an even bigger hunk of shit. [rofl]

I inherited a BG380 from a friend who lost his license. I was really unimpressed with it, sold it cheaply to someone who wanted it.

.380's make good pocket pistols, I've got a couple of them in the safe, PPK/S, Colt Mustang, Sig 238; but in today's world you can find a micro 9 that's got better ballistics in about the same size package.

Bear in mind of course the BG380 is either worst in its class or pretty close to it.

The gun people love to bash.

We love to bash it because it is an actual piece of shit in real life. [rofl] Like you could certifiably use that as a blanket on a BG380.

The reality it shoots good and does what it should at a fair price.

No, it (usually) doesn't. It's literally the poorest or one of the poorest guns in its class. You got lucky and got one that wasnt broken out of the box, maybe. Or you're a smith
person in which case the smith reality distortion field transmitter is on in full effect. It got to the point when selling to "smith people" that once I politely determined they had that "bit turned on" then I wouldn't waste their time (or mine) trying to suggest anyting better because they weren't going to buy it because it didn't say S&W on the side.

I sold tons of those stupid f***ing things at retail, god only knows why.

The BG 380 as a gun industry thing, from a sales perspective ill tell you it demonstrates the huge value of branding. Because if it wasnt for branding and it had to exist on merit, nobody
would buy that gun. Like as in, ever. This branding also ensures it has at least some trade in value, if otherwise, if held to merit, would be a gun nobody would ever take in on a
trade.

Some guy at S&W marketing: "The BG 380 is living proof of our brand power. Because no normal person would ever buy one of these f***ing things. I mean look, subjectively its a piece of shit... but.... its all offset by the fact that our brand is one of the most trusted in the industry even if it doesnt always deserve that recognition. "

Don't spend money trying to modify. It's not a target gun, what do you people expect. It shoots just as well as any other pocket gun. And no those slim 9's are not as small or light.

No it doesn't- the trigger is dog shit and the guns made out of f***ing pot metal. Or at least some of the barrels are. There's a seam in the f***ing barrel. Like it was stamped out of a
hot dog press or something. [rofl]

If you have it and it works its better than nothing. But theres no way that investing money in it is anything other than a fools errand. When you could have just bought an LCP II or whatever, and gotten all that shit for free. [rofl]

This is taking “polishing a turd” to new levels.
The bodyguard is great at what it's supposed to be - a cheap pocket gun.
And that's the pinnacle of its existence.
It reliably goes bang when you pull the trigger.
We won't discuss pulling over a rutted dirt road through two zip codes to fire it though.

We love to bash it because it is an actual piece of shit in real life. [rofl] Like you could certifiably use that as a blanket on a BG380.

No, it (usually) doesn't. It's literally the poorest or one of the poorest guns in its class. You got lucky and got one that wasnt broken out of the box, maybe. Or you're a smith
person in which case the smith reality distortion field transmitter is on in full effect. It got to the point when selling to "smith people" that once I politely determined they had that "bit turned on" then I wouldn't waste their time (or mine) trying to suggest anyting better because they weren't going to buy it because it didn't say S&W on the side.

I sold tons of those stupid f***ing things at retail, god only knows why.

The BG 380 as a gun industry thing, from a sales perspective ill tell you it demonstrates the huge value of branding. Because if it wasnt for branding and it had to exist on merit, nobody
would buy that gun. Like as in, ever. This branding also ensures it has at least some trade in value, if otherwise, if held to merit, would be a gun nobody would ever take in on a
trade.

Some guy at S&W marketing: "The BG 380 is living proof of our brand power. Because no normal person would ever buy one of these f***ing things. I mean look, subjectively its a piece of shit... but.... its all offset by the fact that our brand is one of the most trusted in the industry even if it doesnt always deserve that recognition. "

No it doesn't- the trigger is dog shit and the guns made out of f***ing pot metal. Or at least some of the barrels are. There's a seam in the f***ing barrel. Like it was stamped out of a
hot dog press or something. [rofl]

If you have it and it works its better than nothing. But theres no way that investing money in it is anything other than a fools errand. When you could have just bought an LCP II or whatever, and gotten all that shit for free. [rofl]
Next time we discuss the BG 380 don't hold back, tell us what you really think. [rofl]

The bodyguard is great at what it's supposed to be - a cheap pocket gun.
And that's the pinnacle of its existence.
It reliably goes bang when you pull the trigger.
We won't discuss pulling over a rutted dirt road through two zip codes to fire it though.
Not if you get a broken one, of which, there were many. 🤣 The reality is there's a ton of other pocket guns that completely grind it into the pavement in more than one aspect. Even a first revision Keltec P3AT with a buff job makes the BG380 look poor in comparison.

Bear in mind....

This... is the BG380s progenitor; literally one of the worst guns ever made and probably the worst gun smith ever made......

SMITH-and-WESSON-MODEL-SW380-380-ACP-SEMI-AUTOMATIC-PISTOL_100891857_24163_6E790C07AFA9A30A.jpg

Back
Top Bottom