• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W shield ez 2.0 in 9mm went bust at the range today

MetalliCorey

NES Member
Ill start off by saying until today i had nothing but praise for this gun. Edc since the day i bought it new about 8mo ago. Grip and slide ergonomics, top notch. Metalurgy on the other hand, leaves something to be desired.

Was doing draw and reload drills at the range, maybe 20-25 rounds in, and while im looking down the sights after firing theres something black protruding from the slide. I thought id got my first stovepipe. Turns out it was something far worse! Parts of the slide mechanism under the chamber indicator had blown off! Only ever use 115g brass in fmj. >800 rounds

I plan on calling s&w in the morning and taking advantage of the waranty. Anyone ever lost a pistol this way? Whats the broken part of the slide called anyway? Exp with s&w customer service?

Attachments

• 20240103_212740.jpg
    20240103_212740.jpg
    585.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 20240103_220505.jpg
    20240103_220505.jpg
    659.4 KB · Views: 192
I don't own a Shield so I can't help.

But I Googled a pic and you are missing the other half of that piece.

Will it still shoot?

SmartSelect_20240103_230236_Chrome.jpg

I have had great experiences the 2 times I had to use S&W customer service over the last 40 years of owning S&W products.

They sent me a shipping label, fixed it within 3 weeks, and sent it back to my house. They used fedex, as I recall.

Will it still shoot?

View attachment 835059
I’m not sure if you’re joking or not about shooting it again but that’s something I would do. I’m not even sure what the broken piece is there.

After 800 rounds that’s a joke. The OP is gonna have to buy themselves a real gun. I lost count well over 100,000 rounds through my Sig.. all kinds of reloads and home brew ammo.. i’ve shot under water in pools. There’s nothing I haven’t done to it. It’s still good as new.

Op, I would definitely expect a warranty just don’t be a dick about it. They gotta take care of you. Otherwise complain everywhere you can online.

I have had great experiences the 2 times I had to use S&W customer service over the last 40 years of owning S&W products.

They sent me a shipping label, fixed it within 3 weeks, and sent it back to my house. They used fedex, as I recall.

Glad you had good experiences with them. My single experience with their "customer service" has turned me off to any S&W product made before the Carter administration.

Its going into the shop

Lady on the phone was nice but ended the call somewhat abruptly, so i cant give them 5 stars in that department

Ill be gone for 7 weeks so i hope they take their time. Someone will be home to sign for packages in 3 weeks so i hope it takes at least that long. If they get it done before then ill be surprised

Will it still shoot?

View attachment 835059
Function check goes click but im not taking any chances. Yeah i know theres another chunk missing but i wasnt gonna crawl around looking for it. Looking for a keyword, like... firing pin housing mechanism or slide actuating bolt or whatever itll be, but its fine

You think i should put ot in the clasifieds as gently used, broken in?;)

Function check goes click but im not taking any chances. Yeah i know theres another chunk missing but i wasnt gonna crawl around looking for it. Looking for a keyword, like... firing pin housing mechanism or slide actuating bolt or whatever itll be, but its fine

You think i should put ot in the clasifieds as gently used, broken in?;)

Get it fixed and sell it.

This was back in the late 80's, I remember it was a West German police trade-in with an alloy frame, made in the early 60's.
I don't remember the slide being marked as either a P-38 or P-1, the dealer I got it from said it was a P-38.

Almost positive that's a 1. Aluminuminuminum and poorer quality galore.

Back
Top Bottom