• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RMR, optic, Red Dot for a Glock?

That’s the way to go, screw those adapter plates.
I think we have identical setups. I have a 5 MOA SRO on my G34 also. Seems to be good. I will get a bunch more miles on it next week. Shot it once was awesome.

I could have sworn that these were 3 MOA - but looking at the pic i just took - 5 MOA - idpa/uspsa/sc in 9mm and pin gun in 45 aco. Both 5 moa sro’s.

Attachments

• EF3A1F0F-3BE2-45E9-BED2-55C97486AE07.jpeg
    EF3A1F0F-3BE2-45E9-BED2-55C97486AE07.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
I have 6MOA Burris FastFires on my RFPO, (Browning Buckmarks), and they work very well for Steel Challenge and plates at 15 yards.

I have 3MOA on my Glocks, (34 for Carry Optic; 31 for carry, and 41 for pins), and they work very well for me. These are all Trijicons with adjustable brighness.

Are you shooting targets smaller than 3" at 50 yards?

And that's a mis-statement by me.

Picture I took last night of my two comp guns shows clearly that they're 5MOA.

You want the 5 MOA.
Yeah I got the 5 for myself. I can't see shit anymore [rofl]

I have a 1.5 (I think) RMR on my AK74 clone which is perfect for that. But I would never want a mid to small sized dot on a pistol I'd be screwed.

Do it. I did for one gun (g17) AND NOW HAVE IT ON 3! It is like activating cheat mode for those that are near sighted, lol. Also it brought back to life old subcompact carry guns that made it hard to shoot well due to short sightline. I put it on my old shield 9, which was always a PITA to shoot well, and now it is grouping much better, quicker on target.

I gotta find a direct mount dot for a 43x MOS. Currently considering the Shield RMSc, SMSc, or SwampFox Sentinel. Anybody running them or something they like better? I like the idea of the 8 moa dot on the Shields.

I gotta find a direct mount dot for a 43x MOS. Currently considering the Shield RMSc, SMSc, or SwampFox Sentinel. Anybody running them or something they like better? I like the idea of the 8 moa dot on the Shields.
Shield has a bad reputation for reliability. Look for something that mounts on that footprint, but isn't a Shield. Holosun has some options.

Holosun just came out with SCS MOS specifically for Glock MOS. Mounts so low you can keep factory irons as 1/3 witness from what I heard. The only real question mark is the power. Uses solar+capacitor to achieve the low profile, but kind of spooks me out not having a backup battery.

Holosun just came out with SCS MOS specifically for Glock MOS. Mounts so low you can keep factory irons as 1/3 witness from what I heard. The only real question mark is the power. Uses solar+capacitor to achieve the low profile, but kind of spooks me out not having a backup battery.
The 43x MOS has a different footprint than the fullsize Glock MOS, because it is a much smaller gun. The SCS MOS will not fit on the 43x/48 MOS: HOLOSUN SCS - Green Multi Reticle - Glock/M&P/VP9/PDP

At Shot Show, Holosun introduces about 4 more SCS models for direct fitment for other manufacturer's RDS cut slides. I think the H&K VP9 was one.

Shield has a bad reputation for reliability. Look for something that mounts on that footprint, but isn't a Shield. Holosun has some options.
Holosun doesn’t have any option to direct mount to the 43x slide without a plate, or slide modification.

As for reliability, if you look hard enough, there are reliability issues with virtually ALL red dots, even the Trijicons. It’s mostl a matter of what you want. I’m curious about the auto brightness feature. All auto-brightness red dots get an equal amount of love/hate. I have a Holosun 407k milled on one 43x, but this one is an MOS so I figured I’d try something that direct mounts and has auto dimming.

I’ve already ruled out the Hex Wasp and Crimson Trace dots, but I don’t remember exactly why.

As far as the auto brightness goes: I never noticed it to be either too bright or not bright enough. To be honest, I never noticed that it even had an auto brightness feature. It never bloomed, nor appeared faint.

Holosun doesn’t have any option to direct mount to the 43x slide without a plate, or slide modification.

As for reliability, if you look hard enough, there are reliability issues with virtually ALL red dots, even the Trijicons. It’s mostl a matter of what you want. I’m curious about the auto brightness feature. All auto-brightness red dots get an equal amount of love/hate. I have a Holosun 407k milled on one 43x, but this one is an MOS so I figured I’d try something that direct mounts and has auto dimming.

I’ve already ruled out the Hex Wasp and Crimson Trace dots, but I don’t remember exactly why.
I'm sorry, but the Shield has a TERRIBLE reputation. Much worse than Holosun.

Isn't the 43x MOS just an RMSc footprint? In which case, the 507k will fit directly. I have a 507k on my 43x, but I have an aftermarket slide as my 43x is not an MOS.

Holosun 507K is compatible with Shield RMSc/RMS/RMSw/SMS, Sig Romeo Zero Optic, JP Jpoint Optic footprints, cuts, or mounting plates.

I'm sorry, but the Shield has a TERRIBLE reputation. Much worse than Holosun.

Isn't the 43x MOS just an RMSc footprint? In which case, the 507k will fit directly. I have a 507k on my 43x, but I have an aftermarket slide as my 43x is not an MOS.
No, the 407k or 507k will not fit on the 43x mos slide unless you modify the slide.
I have a 407k on a non-mos 43x slide that I had milled. I know the 407k doesn’t have auto-brightness and I don’t think the 507k does either.

I want auto-brightness this time around, and no adapter plates. Since this slide is MOS, my options appear limited. I might try the Shield SMSc since it’s a cheaper plastic version of their RMSc but with the same internals. If it doesn’t pan out, I can always move it to the Sig P322 or XL which are just range toys.

Back
Top Bottom