• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First red dot....

He’s just trolling now. Let’s not shit up OP’s thread too badly doing mental gymnastics with strangers.

I was done with the thread back on post #98. You guys can continue your circle jerk. Just clean up after yourselves. The mop's in the corner.

On a side note, Did my $520 rifle just become a $1000 rifle by use of creative inverse gun math when I put the Eotech on it?

AM I FINALLY AN OPERATOR DAD?

It’s not a larpers fantasy, it’s good planning, preparation and having a contingency plan.

You may not think it’s necessary and for your case it may not be, but that doesn’t make anyone who thinks differently a larper.
I would bet that only 1% of gun owners actually practice to the point they can be proficient in a gun fight. And chances are they will never be in one (not counting military).

I am all about backups, but I agree with a lot of the points here.

I found it specially funny when people talk about being prepared but are called out for not checking their batteries. If people think being prepared is having a backup sight on a cheap rifle, they are part of the 99%.

If the world is ever in a state where you need to go outside your house with a rifle, most of NES won't last a week, probably won't even get to fire a shot.

Last edited:
I would bet that only 1% of gun owners actually practice to the point they can be proficient in a gun fight. And chances are they will never be in one (not counting military).

I found it specially funny when people talk about being prepared but then are called out for not checking their batteries. If people think being prepared is having a backup sight on a cheap rifle, they are part of the 99%.

If the world is ever in a state where you need to go outside your house with a rifle, most of NES won't last a week, probably won't even get to fire a shot.

If WW3 kicks off, the only thing I don't want to be is a survivor. Hook me up to one of the minute man rockets, I want to go out like Kong from Doc Strangelove.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snTaSJk0n_Y

I was done with the thread back on post #98. You guys can continue your circle jerk. Just clean up after yourselves. The mop's in the corner.

On a side note, Did my $520 rifle just become a $1000 rifle by use of creative inverse gun math when I put the Eotech on it?

AM I FINALLY AN OPERATOR DAD?
Only if you add "NIB" to the post and a long bullet point list of everything you want to force the buyer to purchase.

I found it specially funny when people talk about being prepared but are called out for not checking their batteries. If people think being prepared is having a backup sight on a cheap rifle, they are part of the 99%.

The answer is more than one rifle duh

The question is "how many rifles?"

The answer is "yes."
Yup it’s an addiction

When I was into the sport and was poorer than I am now I built a bunch of sub $500 rifles just cause.
They all ran fine hell I did a carbine shoot with one of them and had no issues through the 400 rounds it took to do the course.
I also learned during that course it’s incredibly difficult to hit a 6” plate 10 yards away with A2 irons (the holdover is high enough that you can’t even see the target)

you can turn rifle in a horizontal plane ghetto style to see under irons. they did not show that?
Nope they was at a basic carbine shoot with a bunch of larpers

They just laughed at me for shooting irons
I know now though thank you

….
I also learned during that course it’s incredibly difficult to hit a 6” plate 10 yards away with A2 irons (the holdover is high enough that you can’t even see the target)

The A2 irons are 2.6” height over bore. If you’re trying to bullseye, yeah it could be a challenge, but just hitting the general area of the plate center shouldn’t have been difficult. Aim for the top edge of the plate and send it.

The A2 irons are 2.6” height over bore. If you’re trying to bullseye, yeah it could be a challenge, but just hitting the general area of the plate center shouldn’t have been difficult. Aim for the top edge of the plate and send it.

Or just pull out your sidearm at 10 yards. Even I can hit that.

Back
Top Bottom