Need Advice - Red Dot for P320

Broc

NES Member
I converted two people to gun owners. One of them bought a P320. He wants a red dot. He is not looking for cheap Amazon sh*t.

I don't own a P320, so I thought I would ask here.

I want to give him 2 or 3 options and let him decide. I would like at least one of those options to be good for EDC, the rest can be range fun.

Co-witness with irons would be nice.

I am also researching this online.

I'll second the Romeo One paired with Xray 3 sights for co-witness. I've a Compact 320 and 320-M17 equipped as such and enjoy shooting with both. No issues with either that I've experienced.

Not that I'm a huge advocate (but I own one), a Romeo One Pro is a direct fit. I hear mixed reviews on it though. I like mine. Had an issue covered under warranty early on, but fine since.

I'll second the Romeo One paired with Xray 3 sights for co-witness. I've a Compact 320 and 320-M17 equipped as such and enjoy shooting with both. No issues with either that I've experienced.

Thank you. I am always on the fence around SIG sights. Not sure if they are good or just OK.

I am adding them to the recommendation list.

Last edited:
Thank you. I am always on the fence around SIG sights. Not sure if they are good or just OK.

I am adding them to the recommendation list.
It seems like the "good" sig optics are now ridiculously overpriced.

Also note that the optic footprint on P320 slides is not consistent. Maybe they've standardized now? But I've had a couple earlier slides and they did not have commonality in slide cuts. So, I would recommend as a first step to confirm his optic cut.

I got a RMR for my PDP with the smaller of the two dot choices. I think it's 3 MOA. IIRC the other one is twice that...

I'm 53, excellent corrected eyesight, but I really should have gotten the 6 MOA dot. Or one of the other RMR's with 9, or 13 MOA triangles.

So I guess I would say my recommendation is get the bigger of the options for 'dots' if it's for a defensive gun, or basically anything not precisions shooting.

It seems like the "good" sig optics are now ridiculously overpriced.

Also note that the optic footprint on P320 slides is not consistent. Maybe they've standardized now? But I've had a couple earlier slides and they did not have commonality in slide cuts. So, I would recommend as a first step to confirm his optic cut.
I was reading about that.
Leave it to SIG to do stupid sh*t like that.

I converted two people to gun owners. One of them bought a P320. He wants a red dot. He is not looking for cheap Amazon sh*t.

I don't own a P320, so I thought I would ask here.

I want to give him 2 or 3 options and let him decide. I would like at least one of those options to be good for EDC, the rest can be range fun.

Co-witness with irons would be nice.

I am also researching this online.
Broc …try these guys I have bought a few from them explains the difference between different ones

I only have two DOT type sites on pistols;

1 a RMRcc on G45 (6MOA Red Dot) and a Holosun 507K GR (green circle + dot like an EoTech) on a P365X.

Really like both of them, no issues with either one so far. If I bought another it would be one of these two again depending on the size of the pistol I was putting it on.

If I was looking for an open emitter, I’d go with RMR again. I’m flirting with the idea of getting a closed emitter now, and there isn’t much out there. Never had a problem with any of my Aimpoint products, so I might look into those. I refuse to give my money to the enemies of the country, so China (Holosun) is out. SIG has a new one with a full hood (removable), so I might check that out.

Sig Romeo X Pro nice optic mounts right up with no issues

Attachments

• IMG_3776.jpg
    IMG_3776.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
If I was looking for an open emitter, I’d go with RMR again. I’m flirting with the idea of getting a closed emitter now, and there isn’t much out there. Never had a problem with any of my Aimpoint products, so I might look into those. I refuse to give my money to the enemies of the country, so China (Holosun) is out. SIG has a new one with a full hood (removable), so I might check that out.
Isn't Sig made by holosun? I thought I saw that somewhere.

Isn't Sig made by holosun? I thought I saw that somewhere.

Not sure if they use Holosun’s parent company manufacturer, but very likely. Many of Sig optics seem to be made by a Chinese manufacturer, but some use Chinese electronics and are “made” in the U.S. to comply with government contracts. Like how Leupold makes the DPP.

I would personally buy a Trijicon red dot with the adapter plate. I've been running a RMRcc for 2 years or so and have run at least 1k rounds through the pistol its on and never had an issue. Is it expensive? Yes. Does my life depend on it when I fight need it? Yes. Will it work? Yes.

I believe the footprint is Deltapoint pro, so that or Holosun, me I would go for the Holosun SCS
Holosun SCS-320-GR Multi-Reticle 32MOA Green Circle & 2MOA Dot Sig P320 Pistol Cut Solar-Charging Reflex Sight SCS-320-GR https://a.co/d/g29Mgub

This right here!!! TDAY is the code for 10% off at Optics Planet.

Good stuff everyone, thank you.

It is nice the thread remained on topic, almost had a "China bad" derail, but came back pretty quick.

I put together a list based on your recommendations + pros/cons I found online for the different sights and sent it over.

Good stuff everyone, thank you.

It is nice the thread remained on topic, almost had a "China bad" derail, but came back pretty quick.

I put together a list based on your recommendations + pros/cons I found online for the different sights and sent it over.
Almost forgot, Bushnell has some affordable options, especially if you have mil/leo discount. Those would probably fall under range fun usage.

I am not sure I trust Bushnell enough to recommend them.
I've never had an issue with their Japanese scopes, never even had to use their warranty. But, that's all I've bought from them. I may try one of their dots, I think with the discount, they are under $150. I spent more on worse.

I've never had an issue with their Japanese scopes, never even had to use their warranty. But, that's all I've bought from them. I may try one of their dots, I think with the discount, they are under $150. I spent more on worse.
Their scopes are all over. I have heard really good things about their expensive scopes.

But I have no idea how they are with red dots.

Since the P320 is the civilian version of the M-17, I looked up what the military uses on their M-17s.

I found a thread on sigtalk indicating SOCOM selected this:

I've also seen some branches are using actual Sig optics.

^^ states "The ROMEO-M17 is designed specifically to fit U.S. Military Modular Handgun System M17/M18 pistols, M17/M18 Commemorative Special Editions and M17/M18 Surplus pistols with a single hole in the slide to secure the sight plate. It does not fit standard P320 or commercial P320-M17/M18 slides. Commercial variations of compatible pistols and slides will be available in the coming months. "

Back
Top Bottom