• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suppresor advice needed

yogi

NES Member
I will be a NH resident in May and have been researching suppressors for: Tavor x95, S&W 15-22, H&K vp9, Ruger mkiii and G17. Any recommendations or considerations? Looking to only buy 2 suppressors to handle all of the above at this time. Really appreciate any real world advice. Real world applications: backyard range and possibly nightstand gun (VP9). Thanks!

Personally, I would buy a dedicated 9 can, and dedicated 22 can. I'd leave the Tavor alone for now and get a can for that down the road.

I would bump that up from two to three and get a rimfire, 9mm and a 5.56 suppressor. I don't think a do it all suppressor that can handle 9mm would be great with 5.56. What's the reason for wanting just two? Budget?
Budget is a concern but if not practical I could do 3.

Personally, I would buy a dedicated 9 can, and dedicated 22 can. I'd leave the Tavor alone for now and get a can for that down the road.
So really I should be looking for 3. I can increase the budget but been trying to simplify my life and have been purging crap.

Budget is a concern but if not practical I could do 3.

You can start with two. Just know you'll be back for more later. I think it's inevitable once you get a taste of shooting with a suppressor. I started with a rimfire can but it wasn’t until I got my RC2 that I had a revelation. I can’t put this thing down since my form 4 got approved. Now I want to suppress a few more calibers.

Attachments

• 99215A43-0068-4CC9-88F8-D493CBDD4CC1.jpeg
    99215A43-0068-4CC9-88F8-D493CBDD4CC1.jpeg
    621.4 KB · Views: 16
My list:
Omega 9k (9mm, 300blk sub)
Huxwrx flow 7.62 (7.62 and down and hard use on gas gun)
Rimfire cans are kinda dealers choice. Mask as mentioned before is a solid can but there really are so many. Energetic makes a good one but in any instance make sure its serviceable and I would pick a little more weight in favor of more durable materials.

I will be a NH resident in May and have been researching suppressors for: Tavor x95, S&W 15-22, H&K vp9, Ruger mkiii and G17. Any recommendations or considerations? Looking to only buy 2 suppressors to handle all of the above at this time. Really appreciate any real world advice. Real world applications: backyard range and possibly nightstand gun (VP9). Thanks!
Tavors work exceptionally well with flow-through suppressors. Huxwrx HX-QD 556 is the official suppressor for X95. It also works great on ARs. This suppressor has been out for seven years or so. I suspect you'll be able to find a good deal on them.

Get a 7.62 can - that will handle 7.62/.308 and 5.56. Get a 45 can - that will handle 45 and 9. Get a Rimfire can for .22.

Personally, I prefer dedicated cans for each caliber. But if you are on a budget, the above is the way to go. Dead Air Mask or Rugged Oculus for .22, Rugged Obsidian for 45/9 and Dead Air Nomad for 7.62/5.56 (plus keymo brakes for interchangeability).

Do not use a 5.56 can for Rimfire. Rimfire gets super dirty. I prefer the Mask for easiest cleaning. Getting the baffles apart on the Oculus is a PITA. But the Oculus is the toughest built of all the .22 cans I have tried.

SiCo Sparrow, SiCo Omega 45K, and SiCo Omega 300. I’d also get a Velos LBP.

Sparrow can handle .22 and 5.7. Omega 45K is great for .380, 9, 45, 300 BLK. Omega 300 is a great .30 cal rifle can for 5.56, 300 BLK, .308, .338, etc.

I know you said 2 cans, but you really want to buy 4.

Question gets asked all the time. Don't waste time and money attempting to identify and purchase "crossover" caliber suppressors. They will NOT function quietly as intended. Prioritize your current gun / caliber and purchase a caliber specific suppressor.

Back
Top Bottom