Need Advice - Red Dot for P320

Since the P320 is the civilian version of the M-17, I looked up what the military uses on their M-17s.

I found a thread on sigtalk indicating SOCOM selected this:

I've also seen some branches are using actual Sig optics.

^^ states "The ROMEO-M17 is designed specifically to fit U.S. Military Modular Handgun System M17/M18 pistols, M17/M18 Commemorative Special Editions and M17/M18 Surplus pistols with a single hole in the slide to secure the sight plate. It does not fit standard P320 or commercial P320-M17/M18 slides. Commercial variations of compatible pistols and slides will be available in the coming months. "
Thank you

This right here!!! TDAY is the code for 10% off at Optics Planet.

Anything with an Optics Planet link should come with a disclaimer that it may or may not ship between the purchase date and somewhere around 2032 (if the earth still exists). o_O

Just a warning that the way these 320's are designed the optic gets smeared with gases from the loaded chamber indicator. After 100 rounds it's like being fogged over. A real pain when shooting as you can't just wipe it off.

Just a warning that the way these 320's are designed the optic gets smeared with gases from the loaded chamber indicator. After 100 rounds it's like being fogged over. A real pain when shooting as you can't just wipe it off.
That is a great point. I didn't see that mentioned anywhere.

Good stuff everyone, thank you.

It is nice the thread remained on topic, almost had a "China bad" derail, but came back pretty quick.

I put together a list based on your recommendations + pros/cons I found online for the different sights and sent it over.

Did your recommendation mention budgeting soft armor underwear for when the P320 goes off on its own? 😉

Take the 320 and throw it out thats advice 1

2 have him try a bunch.

I can't see dpp's dot for some reason.

I like acss reticles on my sub guns.

I really like the 407k2 series from hsun

Also preferred dot size matters too... i like a bigger dot on my macros --carry gun ...but for my caniks -- more target shooting/hd i like a smaller dot

Rmrs are nice.

Optics are just like guns you need to see what works for you and your eyes.

Unless it's a 40 or a 320 then you're gay and need to rethink life

Use matters too

I don't care about cheaper dots if my gun is static.

But if I'm competing or carrying it becomes a thing

Not a fan of the Sig stuff after seeing a couple of them fail, at Sig classes lol. Holosun 507 on mine and I like it.

IMG_1607.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom