• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RMR, optic, Red Dot for a Glock?

Now I'm really confused. [rofl]
Back from Harvard, G17 goes bang.
Dealer is in Slidell, La., I asked him if he knew where pistol came from since ad said agency turn in. Dan told me Dow Chemical Corporation had their own security at refinery and one guard had an AD and shot himself in leg. Corporate panicked and sold all Glocks, AR's and Remington 870's and contracted out Security.
🤨

I have not the competition credentials nor the operator status of others here, and I am apparently a retard as my only pistol mounted RDS are Chinese…. I mean, I have publicly admitted here more than once to my own stupidity, but I attributed that to genetics or being dropped on my head as a child, not my buying habits 😉

I prefer the 2/3 moa dot as the feel similar in size to many front sight dots to me. I am less than 2 cases of 9mm in to my experience, but times on steel out of a holster are improving to my irons time quickly.

Now I'm really confused. [rofl]
Back from Harvard, G17 goes bang.
Dealer is in Slidell, La., I asked him if he knew where pistol came from since ad said agency turn in. Dan told me Dow Chemical Corporation had their own security at refinery and one guard had an AD and shot himself in leg. Corporate panicked and sold all Glocks, AR's and Remington 870's and contracted out Security.
🤨

I like Glocks. I don't like Glock leg...

I like Glocks. I don't like Glock leg...
i saw 2 people in my life who shot themselves, and both were drunk as f#cks at the end of the shift when they tried getting the gun out of the holster and unload it before returning it to the armorer. glocks, well, they really do not go bang by themselves. just not happening.

i saw 2 people in my life who shot themselves, and both were drunk as f#cks at the end of the shift when they tried getting the gun out of the holster and unload it before returning it to the armorer. glocks, well, they really do not go bang by themselves. just not happening.
How did they get drunk "on shift"?

Aside from the Timney/Glock Performance triggers, they simply can't go bang by themselves as the striker is not pulled rearward except by action of pulling the trigger.

How did they get drunk "on shift"?
by consuming a lot of mixed up spirits uncontrollably.
once you advance in ranks enough, it is all fine. may be not in this country, but, i kinda doubt it. this shit is universal.

and if they report you - you will find a 100 ways to pay back, 1000x fold. so it gets under wraps.

I did, that's why I'm confused. :cool:
Says it fits Glock MOS and has a 2 MOA dot and has solar and battery.
so you not joking.

ok, just ask what you need to know - as i have it.
in one sentence - this is an ultralow design that sits the red dot at the same - almost - level with your stock low iron sights. on ALL other designs you draw your gun and the dot is higher than you used to, and it messes you up.
with SCS the dot is at the level of stock sights that makes all the difference in the world. you do the draw - and it is right there.
other than that - it is just an another solar powered holosun, always active and always working

Here - ultra low, sits with no adapters needed. I need to buy a good rear sight again, but, keep skinflinting. :)
1280552E-42B8-4A22-AC96-EA43FE4FE9B6.jpeg

Last edited:
so you not joking.

ok, just ask what you need to know - as i have it.
in one sentence - this is an ultralow design that sits the red dot at the same - almost - level with your stock low iron sights. on ALL other designs you draw your gun and the dot is higher than you used to, and it messes you up.
with SCS the dot is at the level of stock sights that makes all the difference in the world. you do the draw - and it is right there.
other than that - it is just an another solar powered holosun, always active and always working

Here - ultra low, sits with no adapters needed. I need to buy a good rear sight again, but, keep skinflinting. :)
View attachment 714140
It sounds like you like it. Seems like only yesterday that you hated it. You were all "get off my lawn"ing it. [smile]

It sounds like you like it. Seems like only yesterday that you hated it. You were all "get off my lawn"ing it. [smile]
hate/love - what to do. :)
i hate it for not being perfect.
i love it for been a bit better than other shit.

a major flaw my unit has - it is still way too bright by default - good in the sun, but in a cloudy day - too bright to see the bullseye well. and there is no way to dim it.
other than that, so far - hmm. it is ok-ish. i cannot admit that i like it - but i do not hate it too much. :)

and i still think it is overpriced.

and :) i think it fits the mos glock amazingly well.

Last edited:
So, no adapter plate needed I assume which what I'm looking for.
Please let me know what you think after some range time.
My Trijicon RMR came with a few different adapter plates and I just used the one for Glock MOS as I recall, so sight dependent I would guess. Can't speak to the Holosun.

Hmm, good point.
You still have two screws going into the slide. But the slide usually allows for more screw threads to engage. The weak part is usually the screws from the optic into the plate.

The MOS plates only allow for a couple threads to engage, which is why many of us use CHPWS plates instead. The CHPWS plates have steel inserts that allow for more threads to engage.

So, no adapter plate needed I assume which what I'm looking for.
Please let me know what you think after some range time.
No plate needed, and you can co witness with the stock Glock sights. Sits nice and low and about as out of the way as you can get for an added item.
The brightness auto adjusts, but a quick press on the side button overrides the auto dimmer and it goes full bright.

No plate needed, and you can co witness with the stock Glock sights. Sits nice and low and about as out of the way as you can get for an added item.
The brightness auto adjusts, but a quick press on the side button overrides the auto dimmer and it goes full bright.
Thanks for the info, sounds like a winner.
G17 has stock Glock sights so I ordered Trijicon HD night sights to replace them.

I have the Liberty model. No complaints, works great.

Aside from the Timney/Glock Performance triggers, they simply can't go bang by themselves as the striker is not pulled rearward except by action of pulling the trigger.
What do you mean by that? Have been considering a Timney trigger on my carry G19 but have been compiling info/opinions.

What do you mean by that? Have been considering a Timney trigger on my carry G19 but have been compiling info/opinions.

Back
Top Bottom