• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RMR, optic, Red Dot for a Glock?

it was well covered in the other thread - for MOS - new holosun scs.

they should have a red dot one too now, i think.

I have a rmr on a glock. As long as you're used to finding the dot its good
that is, again, why the scs is the answer. that dot sits at the level of your old iron sights. therefore it poses no issues with already acquired draw height.

the big ass SRO is the other way to see it, of course, as it is as big as a house.

Last edited:
I was very surprised at the build quantity of the Holosun. I have a 407 and 507 and they are both solid. I have a Swampfox Sentinel that is ok but not a nice (was $160 over new years, so whatever)

I have less than 1000 rounds through each, but Sage Dynamics has pretty good info on Holosun

RMR on carry gun, SRO on competition guns. Slides cut by c&h precision except for one left OEM MOS. That one has a c&h precision adapter on it.

I’ve heard good things about holosun - no personal experience with them.

C&H precision is the CHPWS cited by @M1911 They’re local to me.

Last edited:
I have an SRO also that I am now using on my 34 that is obviously easier to use. However for something like carry or duty I'd be using the RMR.

I have the same thing: a Gen 4 G17 MOS. I have a Trijicon RMR on it along with Suppressor height sights. It takes training to reliably pick up the dot, but once you get used to it, it rocks.

Here's my post on my set up with pics:

Capitalism and "free market economies" are great, lots of choices in the RMR/Red dot world. Having said that, all you folks giving money to the Chinese via Holosun (or Vortex) when you have many other options that are American or, god forbid, European, are retarded. Trijicon is American and made in the US. Leupold is American and made in the US. Aimpoint is Swedish and manufactured in Sweden. Steiner is German and manufactured in the US or Germany. Meprolight is Israeli and made in Israel. Vortex is American, but their optics are MADE IN CHINA. Holosun is Chinese (crap) [banghead]

For reference, here's the sight picture through my Trijicon RMR. When I started practicing, I used the iron sights as a reference to pick up the dot. Now I just pick up the dot:
img_1548-2-jpg.563535

Last edited:
RMR on a milled 17. It’s OK.
so instead of one $320 purchase of SCS you need:

1. $85 for a good set new of suppressor height iron sights
2. $100 to mill the MOS slide that is already prepped.
3. $500 for an RMR

why?

Just my opinion here. You may want to try some before buying. For me while the RMR was a nice optic I needed a little more window room. I bought an SRO and I like that better. I also got the Delta Point only because it was cheap with my .mil discount and I wanted to try it too. It is similar to the SRO as far as visual perception goes.

Just my opinion here. You may want to try some before buying. For me while the RMR was a nice optic I needed a little more window room. I bought an SRO and I like that better. I also got the Delta Point only because it was cheap with my .mil discount and I wanted to try it too. It is similar to the SRO as far as visual perception goes.
As I posted above, Leupold makes good stuff, is a US company and manufacturers everything in the US. Seems like a win all the way around.

I shot a few of my buddies' guns with RMR and it was fine, don't remember what it was. I will call him and find out. Only reason is the Glock was on Gunbroker pretty cheap, $465 and had the plate. I get ship notice last night from dealer and his shipper shipped Glock to me not to FFL. I call him in Louisiana, and he says oh shit, I'll call you back. He was able to change address to FFL.
Thanks for all the replies.

Just get the Holosun SCS. Everyone who calls it Chinese crap is just biased since it’s made in China. It’s high quality and has been vetted by Sage Dynamics. If it was made in USA, it would cost twice as much. Many companies also don’t mill MOS slides, so you’re stuck with a plate for RMR.

Just get the Holosun SCS. Everyone who calls it Chinese crap is just biased since it’s made in China. It’s high quality and has been vetted by Sage Dynamics. If it was made in USA, it would cost twice as much.
I think the made in China point isn't so much it is "crap" it's stop giving money to China. Hard to disagree with that, but also hard to not say I wouldn't be a huge hypocrite with an iPhone in my pocket (along with many other things)

I think the made in China point isn't so much it is "crap" it's stop giving money to China. Hard to disagree with that, but also hard to not say I wouldn't be a huge hypocrite with an iPhone in my pocket (along with many other things)
Almost everything has components made in China. I read that the Trijicon MRO magnifier is made in China, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they use Chinese components in their RMR, not that they would admit it even if they did.

Almost everything has components made in China. I read that the Trijicon MRO magnifier is made in China, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they use Chinese components in their RMR, not that they would admit it even if they did.
most companies who claim 'made in USA' just do a final assembly step domestically, and that may be literally like a last 1/4 turn of the one single bolt of the whole unit. as long as last hands to touch it were here - it is a 'made in USA' stamp worthy.

Back
Top Bottom