• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pumpkin Shoot pics......See what you missed!!!!

Snapped a few pics and vids on the iPhone...This thing is great. Spent most of the shoot socializing and blasting away. Need to dedicate myself to bringing gear and shooting pics for real one of these days...Let me tell you something about HJG. Not only is he a good example of range etiquette and safety, he's a good example of a solid role model for his kids. If only every kid could be so lucky....

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

Mark, I can't thank you enough for the kind words, unbelievable iPhone footage, and letting me rip a few through your SOCOM. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

My son, Connor (the blonde one) has been shooting a while and everything comes fairly naturally to him. While I taught him to shoot, I owe a lot to Mr. Twigg for his advanced instruction a few months back. He also taught Denny (my girlfriends son, the one with the Spidey hat on). I can take no credit except for reinforcing what Mr. Twigg instilled in him. Also keep in mind that this was only the second time Denny has ever handled, let alone fired, a firearm. He was very shakey at first, but it was pure nerves from being in a crowd. After a few mags downrange, both boys were itching to shoot the AR, and Connor blasted 100 rounds of .38 Special through the Ruger (he reloaded them all the night before[smile]). (If you have the pic of the filthy Ruger Security Six, could you e-mail it to me?)

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who took the time to compliment the boys on their range etiquette. It really meant a lot to them.

I'd also like to give a special thank you to MassMark, Mr. Twigg, Matt, and CRSIII. You guys treated the boys like men, and they truly respect you fellas for it.

One last thing....It was fun shooting next to Ross (Dwarven1), and hearing the unmistakeable metallic "DING" every time Betsy puked out an enbloc clip, followed by Ross' "Ding, pumpkins are done!". Ross, you had everyone around us laughing.

And now, a quick word from Natalie (my super-sexy gf):

(and he thinks he's getting some!)

We had a tough start to our day, Mommy was grumpy from 2 14hr shifts and another 8 hr coming up Saturday night. Denny was grumpy because I was and right down the food chain. Once the grumpies were gone and there was patience again I saw my son blossom. Once he knew he was part of something (and signed the book) he was a very proud boy. The way he looked up to Jamie and Mr. Twig brought tears to my eyes. Thank you again for the gun safety course at the cabin. You made one Momma and a little boy very happy. I was very proud of my boy's (all three). I hope my boys will be welcome to all the shoots. We have 3 more kids to grow a little and will make it a "Brady Affair" in the years to come. Thanks again to all for taking such care with the little guys. All the kids at the shoot were wonderful!
SoftJeepGirl

Last edited:
All Hail Supermoto - Or Is That Heil?

Why is that? [hmmm]

Because the without fault Supermoto noticed that one of the boys was sans safety glasses and decided to challenge my assertion that HJG is safe on the range and simultaneously, a good father. In other words, Supermoto daily cements his position as the official NES bag of vinegar and water...

He can't sleep at night unless he pisses in an otherwise good thread...Generally that's a sure sign that he's masking some areas in which he may be lacking...

Last edited:
Because the without fault Supermoto noticed that one of the boys was sans safety glasses and decided to challenge my assertion that HJG is safe on the range and simultaneously, a good father. In other words, Supermoto daily cements his position as the official NES bag of vinegar and water...

He can't sleep at night unless he pisses in an otherwise good thread...Generally that's a sure sign that he's masking some areas in which he may be lacking...

I found it interesting that so many people on here condemn all the people at the Westfield Uzi event, but are to much of a pussy to say anything about an unsafe behavior at a NES event.

Last edited:
you should be more understanding of the local idiot savant. just because he's really good at knocking down plates, and pretending to be a warrior in IDPA comps, doesn't mean he's any good at real life shooting- or living. i thought you were in social work, Mark. maybe you can bake him a cake and talk philosophy about some of his issues. [rofl]

I don't pretend to be a warrior at all. I certainly don't shoot IDPA. But I like cake

I found it interesting that so many people on here condemn all the people at the Westfield Uzi event, but are to much of pussy to say anything about an unsafe behavior at a NES event.

WTF??? Do you feel better that you condemned HJG publicly. Do you feel like it is your job to punish him? Would you feel better if everyone jumped on the bandwagon and slapped him around?

Jeez... what I saw at the Pumpkin Shoot was a Dad who was really proud of his kids. A Dad who tried his best to make it a great day for his two kids, who, from my observations, were well behaved and safety conscious. I saw the pride of a father who adored his kids.

Dude, when a real man sees stuff like this happen, and yes it was a safety issue, he deals with it privately and with sensitivity for the feelings of the other party.

Take a pill or something... JEEZ!!!

you should be more understanding of the local idiot savant. just because he's really good at knocking down plates, and pretending to be a warrior in IDPA comps, doesn't mean he's any good at real life shooting- or living. i thought you were in social work, Mark. maybe you can bake him a cake and talk philosophy about some of his issues. [rofl]

I'm not sure I have enough meds in my kit...[grin]

They are his kids, he can do what he wants, I'm not condemning him, I am condemning the rest of you for not have the balls to say anything at the event.

six steps?

Sight Alignment
Sight Picture
Respiratory Pause
Focus your eye on the front sight and your mind on keeping the front sight on the target
SQUEEEEEEEEEZE the trigger!
Followthrough (hold back trigger and call the shot)

There's an Appleseed Shoot this weekend at Harvard Sportsmans if you'd like the full performance.

One last thing....It was fun shooting next to Ross (Dwarven1), and hearing the unmistakeable metallic "DING" every time Betsy puked out an enbloc clip, followed by Ross' "Ding, pumpkins are done!". Ross, you had everyone around us laughing.

blush-anim-cl.gif
Yeah, I can be a bit of a wisea$$ at times. [smile] What can I say, it was fun watching pumpkins die every time Betsy spoke!

Y'know, shooting next to your kids, I don't really recall seeing any unsafe behavior - nothing dinged my "RSO-sense". Just safe shooters and polite ones. Kudos to them!

Photo_110709_001.jpg

Redneck Drilling, courtesy of StateLine Guns. That's a short-barreled 12 GA mounted UNDER an AR-15. And according to Dan, they both function!! [shocked]

Photo_110709_006.jpg

Proof that the Dwarf did get up on his hind paws and shoot off-hand.

Photo_110709_010.jpg

Photo_110709_011.jpg

Look at that SKS smoke!! If you look closely, you can see the varnish bubbling.

They are his kids, he can do what he wants, I'm not condemning him, I am condemning the rest of you for not have the balls to say anything at the event.

Eff you, were you there? No!!

Don't come here and call out a friend of mine. [angry]

You have no clue what so ever.

Shut up or put up.

Neg reps sent.

I found it interesting that so many people on here condemn all the people at the Westfield Uzi event, but are to much of a pussy to say anything about an unsafe behavior at a NES event.

I thinks it's interesting when people mind their own business and don't go out of their way to act like a prick all the time.

I was watching HardJeepGuy with the boys and the three of you brought a smile to my face. The boys were great, and I could tell all of you were having a great time and were very responsible on the range.

I couldn't agree more...Very responsible family and outrageously respectful boys. They really made me smile...even if HJG gave me a hard time when my new cell phone buzzed some sort of email alert...

Quite frankly the most unsafe behavior I saw was the two morons kneeling on HJG's trailer in post 135!

Eff you, were you there? No!!

Don't come here and call out a friend of mine. [angry]

You have no clue what so ever.

Shut up or put up.

Neg reps sent.

Oh no Neg rep, does this mean I can't come to the next event

I thinks it's interesting when people mind their own business and don't act like a prick all the time.

If that rifle had popped, the kid would lose an eye, giving the local law makers even more ammo to push through stupid laws, like having restrictive requirements on every public shooting event.... these thing effect everyone here

If that rifle had popped, the kid would lose an eye, giving the local law makers even more ammo to push through stupid laws, like having restrictive requirements on every public shooting event.... these thing effect everyone here

Yeah, these thing do.

By 'local', do you mean NH?

Lawmakers don't need 'ammo' to do that kind of crap. If that rifle had popped and the kid was wearing four pairs of safety glasses and plate armor the same thing would happen.

Why do you take the time to shit on a good man being a good Dad to his kids? It's bitter little people like you that push people away from shooting. Mind your own business.

ETA: Stop whining about negative rep points. Nobody cares.

Last edited:
Oh no Neg rep, does this mean I can't come to the next event

When you're deep in the hole...stop digging. If you feel the need to burn your bridges feel free. HJG is a great guy and a damned good father. If your looking for people to agree with you, look elsewhere.

It's bitter little people like you that push people away from shooting. Mind your own business.

ETA: Stop whining about negative rep points. Nobody cares.

I'm not a bitter little person... I'm over 6' 190lbs, I'm a big bitter person

I could care less about reps, positive or neg.

But either way, I'm going to sleep, I have a big day tomorrow as an OSHA inspector. Got to prevent those accidents.... enjoy your evening

Back
Top Bottom