Oregon HS Shooter, now Deceased

You never can fix crazy. We used to have a method of keeping the crazies away from the general public, but then they did away with institutions. The pendulum has swung too far in the other direction -- we used to institutionalize too many people for mental illness and there were some people that were locked up that could have functioned OK in society. Now, we give too much leeway with a lot of people that are not fit to be a part of society, and then act all surprised when they do crazy shit like shoot up a movie theater or school, and we blame the inanimate object in their hands instead the person. Because it's mean to blame people for stuff.

+1

Reading some of the comments on the Fox25 FaceBook page about the shooter, makes my head hurt. I really want to rip these people a new one but it will probably be just a waste of time.

Nevermind, I couldn't take it anymore reading the comments from this guy named "Danny Smart" on Facebook. After reading his comments his last name should definitely not be "Smart".

Comment 1: Why does the public need to own guns? I really don't get it...

Comment 2: Look at other countries gun laws and how many school shootings they have.. U start slap people with 20yr prison bid for having one and see what happens

Comment 3: No.. They need to remove guns from the hands of people that are not law enforcement or military

[rolleyes]

You never can fix crazy. We used to have a method of keeping the crazies away from the general public, but then they did away with institutions. The pendulum has swung too far in the other direction -- we used to institutionalize too many people for mental illness and there were some people that were locked up that could have functioned OK in society. Now, we give too much leeway with a lot of people that are not fit to be a part of society, and then act all surprised when they do crazy shit like shoot up a movie theater or school, and we blame the inanimate object in their hands instead the person. Because it's mean to blame people for stuff.

When you find the indicator that someone will shoot up a school, mass murder, et al, get back to us.

Until then, I'll prefer not to let the government lock people up for "mental illness".

CNN is reporting a "semi automatic" weapon was used. I think this is the new tactic. They are starting to go after all semi autos now as opposed to just ARs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Because a bunch of people here auto in the description and think it's a machine gun.

- - - Updated - - -

And the mainstream media continues to make these nutjobs famous. [angry]

While they tell you they hate covering these stories.

Yeah, but these nut cases will go find other targets: school buses, public gatherings, etc.

On a side note: I don't understand why school buses don't have seat belts.

Never could figure that one out...
I saw a "How It's Made" on history or discover or whatever channel about how school buses are made. the seats are designed to be high enough to prevent kids from getting hurt too badly and they meet safety standards. Their explanation went further than that but it made no sense. My guess is it's a money thing and the manufacturers were able to successfully buy off the gov't to not have to incur this extra cost.

cant kids just stop being pussies and use their fists? why did that have to stop? worked in my day and Im only 38!

Sorry man, you use your fists in this day and age and you'll go directly to juvie. Humans, especially human males, have a long and varied history of using violence to work out interpersonal differences. It is wired into our genes, and yet at some point in the last 30 years or so, the powers that be have decided to completely disallow any type of (mostly) harmless fighting.

Id like to know what pschyotropic medications the shooter(s) were prescribed.

I hear people blaming the medication on the radio from time to time. That seems to be a bit of a stretch to me, since most people on such medications never exhibit violent behavior. Also, they generally only give such drugs to people that seem to need them - ie a population that is enriched for people who will do crazy things, which creates a pretty big bias.

When you find the indicator that someone will shoot up a school, mass murder, et al, get back to us.

Until then, I'll prefer not to let the government lock people up for "mental illness".

I agree. That's why I think that we need to find a way for people to understand that these instances are rare, more or less unavoidable, and not a big deal in the long run. Japan has huge amounts of gun control and people control, yet they had the nerve gas attacks.

CHILDREN-MUST-ALWAYS-WEAR-A-SEAT-BELT.-e1333100199403.jpg

I saw a "How It's Made" on history or discover or whatever channel about how school buses are made. the seats are designed to be high enough to prevent kids from getting hurt too badly and they meet safety standards. Their explanation went further than that but it made no sense. My guess is it's a money thing and the manufacturers were able to successfully buy off the gov't to not have to incur this extra cost.

How many buses go higher speeds? The reason why they are so safe is they usually travel at very low speeds and they are the biggest one on the road 95% of the time. Not to mention, how long are people on buses for? Maybe 30 minutes?

Eventually, these won't end well for us.

The anti's will get their way if these keep happening.

last bit on yahoo news is already planting the seed for the sheep
The violence in Oregon was the latest in a string of U.S. shootings in recent weeks, including one at a Christian college in neighboring Washington state last week, that have renewed a protracted debate over gun regulations.

source

One shooter, he shot one kid, that child died. The shooter is dead too, not reported if it was suicide or shot by cop.

There isn't one thing that you can point to and say "hey, that kid is doing X which means hes going to shoot up his school".

But you can easily identify a pattern of behavior and choices that indicates its time to separate someone from the general public. That doesn't mean lock them up in a straight jacket in a padded cell and toss the key, but sitting in public school without getting the sort of help they need is not the right answer. That's where things like reform school, or schools for troubled youths should be run properly and utilized. It's not all mental health issues in a physical deformity of the brain sense either. You have so many shitty, degenerate, uninvolved parents that cause all sorts of developmental issues in their children because of their home life. We just close our eyes, put our hands over our ears while singing LA LA LA LA LA and shove these kids through the public school systems with 504 and IEPs with a little bit of help from grossly underpaid teachers' aides (who, by the way, generally have their degrees in education -- not behavioral psychology). It doesn't benefit anyone involved. And it's cyclical.

Last edited:
cant kids just stop being pussies and use their fists? why did that have to stop? worked in my day and Im only 38!

I actually think this is a big part of the problem. It is difficult for kids to be kids these days. No one can be better or worse than anyone else at anything, everyone gets a trophy, etc. Then we end up with 13 year olds that have never learned how to deal with conflict or disappointment in life. Their solution is to turn to violence, works in the movies.

There isn't one thing that you can point to and say "hey, that kid is doing X which means hes going to shoot up his school".

But you can easily identify a pattern of behavior and choices that indicates its time to separate someone from the general public. That doesn't mean lock them up in a straight jacket in a padded cell and toss the key, but sitting in public school without getting any sort of help is not the right answer. That's where things like reform school, or schools for troubled youths should be run properly and utilized. It's not all mental health issues in a physical deformity of the brain sense either. You have so many shitty, degenerate, uninvolved parents that cause all sorts of developmental issues in their children because of their home life. We just close our eyes, put our hands over our ears while singing LA LA LA LA LA and shove these kids through the public school systems with 504 and IEPs with a little bit of help from grossly underpaid teachers' aides (who, by the way, generally have their degrees in education -- not behavioral psychology). It doesn't benefit anyone involved.

I honestly think part of the problem is, rather than help kids, parents and doctors just start pumping drug after drug into the kids systems. My daughters brother is 10 and on 3 different medications

One shooter, he shot one kid, that child died. The shooter is dead too, not reported if it was suicide or shot by cop.

heyjackass.com

1 dies every day, just in chitcago. Week in, week out in a confined concentrated area. They antis don't care. They do nothing about where the murders are happening because they are racists.

I honestly think part of the problem is, rather than help kids, parents and doctors just start pumping drug after drug into the kids systems. My daughters brother is 10 and on 3 different medications
Wouldn't that be your son/stepson? Seems strange to me that you would refer to him that way.

Back
Top Bottom