Oregon HS Shooter, now Deceased

CHILDREN-MUST-ALWAYS-WEAR-A-SEAT-BELT.-e1333100199403.jpg

Who is going to go around making sure every seatbelt is fastened properly? Is the driver going to have to get up and buckle each one in at each stop?
Will they hire a monitor to do this and some stops have multiple children getting on, how long will the buses be stopped at each stop. People complain about being stuck behind buses now just think how they will complain then.
Depending on what area you are in some kids may beat on each other with them.
Some kids might get a kick unbuckling theirs or others over and over again.
Also if the bus is full of smoke or goes into the water who will get all of them out if they can't get unbuckled.
Seat belts sound like a good idea but for buses not so much.

heyjackass.com

1 dies every day, just in chitcago. Week in, week out in a confined concentrated area. They antis don't care. They do nothing about where the murders are happening because they are racists.

look who the anti's are. All they care about is when these shootings destroy their picture of what suburban America is. They have this notion that Suburban America is this peaceful crime free neighborhood where everyone has white picket fences......and for the most part Suburban America is relatively crime free. But they are so narrow minded that they see 1 incident and automatically adjust their perception that it is happening everywhere. That their kids are seconds away from being gunned down, without realizing they have a better chance of being struck by lightening.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't that be your son/stepson? Seems strange to me that you would refer to him that way.

Im not with my daughters mother, my daughter and her brother have the same mother but different father.

Who is going to go around making sure every seatbelt is fastened properly? Is the driver going to have to get up and buckle each one in at each stop?
Will they hire a monitor to do this and some stops have multiple children getting on, how long will the buses be stopped at each stop. People complain about being stuck behind buses now just think how they will complain then.
Depending on what area you are in some kids may beat on each other with them.
Some kids might get a kick unbuckling theirs or others over and over again.
Also if the bus is full of smoke or goes into the water who will get all of them out if they can't get unbuckled.
Seat belts sound like a good idea but for buses not so much.

If it only saves 1 life.

I hear people blaming the medication on the radio from time to time. That seems to be a bit of a stretch to me, since most people on such medications never exhibit violent behavior. Also, they generally only give such drugs to people that seem to need them - ie a population that is enriched for people who will do crazy things, which creates a pretty big bias.

I am not blaming the meds, nor am I asserting causation between psychotropics and this kind of violent behavior. I am genuinely curious if the kids were on anything - whether some dude in a white coat thought they needed it or not.

Your point regarding an enriched population is astute, however your notion that "they only given such drugs to those that need them" is overly simplistic and just wrong. Many peoples lives have been forever improved with the judicious use of psychotropics. However, these drugs, like most other pharmaceuticals in the US, are over prescribed in incorrect doses and not managed adequately with uncertain consequences. (vis-a-vis the pending heroin situation) Many psychotropics are prescribed off-label based on doctors discretion - I do assert that in this case doctor discretion really means nagging mother's demands. My kid is upset, give him a tablet. My kid cant focus, give him a tablet. ADDHDLMNOP, give him a tablet.

I wouldn't blindly trust that "they" will only give it to those that "seem to need it." They give it to those who ask for it and those who can pay for it. Simple as that.

Stop allowing schools to be soft targets....you don't often see schools with SROs, metal detectors or other security measures getting hit...

I am not blaming the meds, nor am I asserting causation between psychotropics and this kind of violent behavior. I am genuinely curious if the kids were on anything - whether some dude in a white coat thought they needed it or not.

Your point regarding an enriched population is astute, however your notion that "they only given such drugs to those that need them" is overly simplistic and just wrong. Many peoples lives have been forever improved with the judicious use of psychotropics. However, these drugs, like most other pharmaceuticals in the US, are over prescribed in incorrect doses and not managed adequately with uncertain consequences. (vis-a-vis the pending heroin situation) Many psychotropics are prescribed off-label based on doctors discretion - I do assert that in this case doctor discretion really means nagging mother's demands. My kid is upset, give him a tablet. My kid cant focus, give him a tablet. ADDHDLMNOP, give him a tablet.

I wouldn't blindly trust that "they" will only give it to those that "seem to need it." They give it to those who ask for it and those who can pay for it. Simple as that.

I probably should have been more clear - I agree with you entirely, and I definitely don't trust that "they" only give out medications to those that "need it". I understand that psychiatrists (and other doctors) spend entirely too little time with patients to actually determine whether they need medication. Heck, many things are hard enough to diagnose that even given enough time, the diagnosis would likely be wrong. That's why I put the "seem" in there. Even if many people are given drugs that don't need them, you have still enriched the population to be more likely to contain those that actually do need them - even the fact that treatment was sought for the person, while not accurately predictive, is still enough to create a bias.

What the media is failing to mention is that the body counts on these shootings are going down because people with GUNS are getting there faster...

Dear Media,
Guess who'll be there the fastest with a gun? The victims being shot at.

pretty simple

parents should be concerned that for the majority of the day, 5 out of 7 days, they pass their kids off to an institution that has no means to protect them

pretty simple

parents should be concerned that for the majority of the day, 5 out of 7 days, they pass their kids off to an institution that has no means to protect them

try explaining this to them. They all say the same thing....." this isnt Iraq, blah blah blah our schools shouldnt need guns to be safe" But out of the other corner of their mouth......"we need armed guards in every airport, because Terrorism"

pretty simple

Starting with the school bus!

- - - Updated - - -

try explaining this to them. They all say the same thing....." this isnt Iraq, blah blah blah our schools shouldnt need guns to be safe" But out of the other corner of their mouth......"we need armed guards in every airport, because Terrorism"

and "we need to take the guns away from everyone because we ARE in Iraq"

It's not about the guns, it's about control of people with whom they disagree

We've been through a lot of crap from the antis since the psycho de jour killed a bunch of kids in Newtown CT.

Don't go on the defense because of the newest psycho de jour. We here in CT have to get rid of the bumbs that screwed gun owners. Those in NY need to get rid of their's. You in MA have to stop them before they screw you too.

Yes, I know, the tide isn't in our favor lately, but don't let some phychopath in Oregon dampen your spirit.

We've been through a lot of crap from the antis since the psycho de jour killed a bunch of kids in Newtown CT.

Don't go on the defense because of the newest psycho de jour. We here in CT have to get rid of the bumbs that screwed gun owners. Those in NY need to get rid of their's. You in MA have to stop them before they screw you too.

Yes, I know, the tide isn't in our favor lately, but don't let some phychopath in Oregon dampen your spirit.

No, it's the psychopaths on Beacon Hill that are dampening our spirit ...

THESE PEOPLE WHO COMMIT THESE CRIMES ARE NOT "ACTIVE SHOOTERS". THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ACTIVE SHOOTER.

THESE PEOPLE ARE MASS MURDERERS, TERRORISTS, NUTJOBS, PSYCHOS whatever.

An "active shooter" technically speaking is any guy (or gal) or any such group of guys (or gals) at any Range (indoor or outdoor) anywhere in the world shooting their firearms.

Shooting is an honorable sport.

STOP CALLING THESE NUTJOBS ACTIVE SHOOTERS.

THESE PEOPLE WHO COMMIT THESE CRIMES ARE NOT "ACTIVE SHOOTERS". THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ACTIVE SHOOTER.

THESE PEOPLE ARE MASS MURDERERS, TERRORISTS, NUTJOBS, PSYCHOS whatever.

An "active shooter" technically speaking is any guy (or gal) or any such group of guys (or gals) at any Range (indoor or outdoor) anywhere in the world shooting their firearms.

Shooting is an honorable sport.

STOP CALLING THESE NUTJOBS ACTIVE SHOOTERS.

they wont because they want to attribute these criminals to gun owners. Their job is to make us all out to be potential mass murderers just waiting for the moment to strike. In their eyes WE ARE ALL GUILTY of crimes we didnt commit.

CNN is reporting a "semi automatic" weapon was used. I think this is the new tactic. They are starting to go after all semi autos now as opposed to just ARs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

there will be another panic buy for AR's etc...

Listening to CNN at the airport in Baltimore. They are blaming these militia/anti govt groups, great.

I actually think this is a big part of the problem. It is difficult for kids to be kids these days. No one can be better or worse than anyone else at anything, everyone gets a trophy, etc. Then we end up with 13 year olds that have never learned how to deal with conflict or disappointment in life. Their solution is to turn to violence, works in the movies.

Zero tolerance is part of the issue as well, now ANYONE caught fighting regardless of the reason immediate suspension/expulsion. So kids can't vent that anger and put a bully in their place. It seems like it's the "good" kids that are committing these crimes because they see no other way to stop the evil that is hurting them.

Standing up to a bully and knocking his teeth in earns respect and discourages the bully. Kids that are told if they do this they will be removed from school and their parents will ground them forever so they tolerate and tolerate and tolerate until they can't anymore then they stop it the only way they can.

Zero tolerance is part of the issue as well, now ANYONE caught fighting regardless of the reason immediate suspension/expulsion. So kids can't vent that anger and put a bully in their place. It seems like it's the "good" kids that are committing these crimes because they see no other way to stop the evil that is hurting them.

Standing up to a bully and knocking his teeth in earns respect and discourages the bully. Kids that are told if they do this they will be removed from school and their parents will ground them forever so they tolerate and tolerate and tolerate until they can't anymore then they stop it the only way they can.

I had my son in 1st grade held my the arms while another kid kicked him repeatedly in the gentiles. My son could get the teachers attention because " she was blowing on a harmonica because the class was being too loud and crazy"

This was brought to the principals attention. After "interviewing" the kids, 1 admitted doing it exactly as my son described it, the others did not.... the principal had the nerve to tell me she considered the story "unsubstantited" but she punished the child that admitted doing it. This all took place DURING a 1st grade class....

Anyone see the multiple problems here????

Are public schools are an absolute abortion

I had my son in 1st grade held my the arms while another kid kicked him repeatedly in the gentiles. My son could get the teachers attention because " she was blowing on a harmonica because the class was being too loud and crazy"

This was brought to the principals attention. After "interviewing" the kids, 1 admitted doing it exactly as my son described it, the others did not.... the principal had the nerve to tell me she considered the story "unsubstantited" but she punished the child that admitted doing it. This all took place DURING a 1st grade class....

Anyone see the multiple problems here????

Are public schools are an absolute abortion
Thanks to the namby pamby nanny state.

CNN is reporting a "semi automatic" weapon was used. I think this is the new tactic. They are starting to go after all semi autos now as opposed to just ARs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
No joke, because semi-auto has more syllables than full-auto, my liberal wife thinks semi-autos shoot faster.

while i hate seeing stories like this it reminds me no matter what we try to do we cant stop crazy and that firearms are the easy cop out. If Someone really wants to hurt someone they will find a way to do so regardless.

You never can fix crazy. We used to have a method of keeping the crazies away from the general public, but then they did away with institutions. The pendulum has swung too far in the other direction -- we used to institutionalize too many people for mental illness and there were some people that were locked up that could have functioned OK in society. Now, we give too much leeway with a lot of people that are not fit to be a part of society, and then act all surprised when they do crazy shit like shoot up a movie theater or school, and we blame the inanimate object in their hands instead the person. Because it's mean to blame people for stuff.

This.

God forbid we lock up crazy people, oh, i forgot, it's "morally wrong".

Back
Top Bottom