Oregon HS Shooter, now Deceased

look who the anti's are. All they care about is when these shootings destroy their picture of what suburban America is. They have this notion that Suburban America is this peaceful crime free neighborhood where everyone has white picket fences......and for the most part Suburban America is relatively crime free. But they are so narrow minded that they see 1 incident and automatically adjust their perception that it is happening everywhere. That their kids are seconds away from being gunned down, without realizing they have a better chance of being struck by lightening.
This is exactly right. Look at the attention this is getting: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/06/10/4169740/man-in-custody-after-downtown.html Because it happened in a "tourist area" (read that as upscale), it is international news. People in bad neighborhoods get shot and it stays in the local news.

Problem is that some kids today do not respect parents, law, GOD, elders, or even life....

true that

but i think that has to do with how the pc police have taken over. Back when i was younger if i crossed the line my parents would Discipline me accordingly. now a days thats not the case

.... NUTJOBS, PSYCHOS whatever.
.....STOP CALLING THESE NUTJOBS ACTIVE SHOOTERS.

No, no, no. That is disrepectful of the "active shooters" /sarcasm.

I don't know if you guys up thar have seen a program some idiot down here in CT who runs a nut house program place started a few months ago. There is some website called stopthestigma or something like that. The idea is not to label people as nuts, psychos, crazy, etc. Crazy motherfvcker!

Don't say Connecticut never gave ya anything :)

try explaining this to them. They all say the same thing....." this isnt Iraq, blah blah blah our schools shouldnt need guns to be safe" But out of the other corner of their mouth......"we need armed guards in every airport, because Terrorism"

just like the feminists, they shouldn't have to defend themselves because no one should try to rape

great in theory but people suck, best to be prepared and safe as possible

This is exactly right. Look at the attention this is getting: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/06/10/4169740/man-in-custody-after-downtown.html Because it happened in a "tourist area" (read that as upscale), it is international news. People in bad neighborhoods get shot and it stays in the local news.

A big part of that is the fact that people get shot in bad neighborhoods frequently. Shootings happen in upscale areas rarely. Therefore, a shooting in an upscale area is "news", while a shooting in a bad 'hood isnt. Thats why you see stories on tv and even movies made about kids in bad neighborhoods who make it to college, become stockbrokers, doctors, whatever. Can you name a movie based on the middle class kid from the suburbs who went to college and became a success? If something is a relatively rare occurrence, its "news". If its an everyday thing, it isnt.

Not to mention, how long are people on buses for? Maybe 30 minutes?

Try up to an hour right here in Mass.

Less money, less school buses which results in longer routes and longer destination times.

I can personally attest to this. My two youngest are a little less than a mile from their school, the bus driver lives next door, so they are the first on and last off, 45-50 minutes, each way, everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try up to an hour right here in Mass.

Less money, less school buses which results in longer routes and longer destination times.

I can personally attest to this. My two youngest are a little less than a mile from their school, the bus driver lives next door, so they are the first on and last off, 45-50 minutes, each way, everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sympathy to them. Buses are horrible.

Reading some of the comments on the Fox25 FaceBook page about the shooter, makes my head hurt. I really want to rip these people a new one but it will probably be just a waste of time.

Nevermind, I couldn't take it anymore reading the comments from this guy named "Danny Smart" on Facebook. After reading his comments his last name should definitely not be "Smart".

Comment 1: Why does the public need to own guns? I really don't get it...

Comment 2: Look at other countries gun laws and how many school shootings they have.. U start slap people with 20yr prison bid for having one and see what happens

Comment 3: No.. They need to remove guns from the hands of people that are not law enforcement or military

[rolleyes]

Perhaps he feels better about getting offed by a knife, hammer or car than a gun?

He killed one innocent person, which is awful.
Now what about the 27 innocents killed by drunk drivers every DAY?

Gun death = "BAD"......Drunk Driving death = "tragic aftermath to an evening of good times with friends at the roadside watering hole"

Shooting happened at about 8 a.m. (11 a.m. ET), almost 12 hours later and they still haven't released the shooter's details. Wonder why?

Shooting happened at about 8 a.m. (11 a.m. ET), almost 12 hours later and they still haven't released the shooter's details. Wonder why?

illuminati-seal-red-star.jpg

news at 11 pm said the shooter was a 14 year old student at the school who shot a fellow student using a rifle then killed himself!

Well there it is then. We should just pass a simple common-sense law to disallow 14 year-olds from buying rifles. There's an obvious middle-schooler loophole that we've missed up to now.

And 24 hours later the shooter isn't identified and the major news outlets aren't saying anything....

Shooter used a rifle, was supposedly dressed all in black and wearing body armor including a black helmet. Normally the media is spewing names and where the gun came from and all the other BS long before this...

Hate to speculate but could this be the kid of a cop who used daddy's swat gear?

And 24 hours later the shooter isn't identified and the major news outlets aren't saying anything....

Shooter used a rifle, was supposedly dressed all in black and wearing body armor including a black helmet. Normally the media is spewing names and where the gun came from and all the other BS long before this...

Hate to speculate but could this be the kid of a cop who used daddy's swat gear?

I don't know many 14 year olds big enough to fit their father's clothes [smile]

Could the info be with held since he's a minor?

I love rampant speculation time.

Could be they haven't said anything more because more recent evidence shows they completely made up or misreported the original claims of an AR15 and helmet & vest and they want to wait long enough so they don't look like complete morons again.

Dead minor - No rights of adolescence to protect if the child in question is deceased.

- - - Updated - - -

I love rampant speculation time.

Could be they haven't said anything more because more recent evidence shows they completely made up or misreported the original claims of an AR15 and helmet & vest and they want to wait long enough so they don't look like complete morons again.

Not a chance - First to air is all that matters. This is the era or the "No Regrets, No Retractions" media.
I also seriously doubt that the MSM is willing to suppress names to discourage copycats.

CNN this morning said he had an assault rifle.
If you don't have the facts just make them up to fit the agenda I guess.

It's doubtful that they're withholding his name because he's a minor. They've identified many minor school shooters by name as soon as the person was identified. I don't like to put out tinfoil speculations, but honestly I think Caboose84 may be on to something with it being the son of a cop. They don't want to release the name because then it falls back on a member of their department and looks bad for them.

Disclaimer: none of this should be taken as fact at this point.

If it was the kid of a <neo-nazi, militia type, tea party, right wing whatever> who took the gun from his house- by now this would be all over the news. Look how quickly the Las Vegas shooters on Sunday were identified as radical right wingers- just took a couple of hours.

Even the Newtown shooting had identified the shooter and the source of the weapon (gun nut mommy to paraphrase the media) within a few hours.

My point is the delay in identifying the perpetrator is really odd.

Back
Top Bottom