• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Oregon HS Shooter, now Deceased

Artie

NES Member
Last edited:
Cant happen:
"gun Free Zone"

i pray no one other than the shooter is injured but this shit is out of hand. time to look for some actual ways to secure our schools that may actually work.

WTF is going on?
I honestly think it is suicide by police. These pussies wont off themselves so they start taking out the innocent in gun-free zones knowing the police will take them out...eventually. Just enough time in that gun-free zone to bring the media into the situation then they will have their suicide note or manifesto published

Last edited:
CNN is reporting a "semi automatic" weapon was used. I think this is the new tactic. They are starting to go after all semi autos now as opposed to just ARs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Eventually, these won't end well for us.

The anti's will get their way if these keep happening.

Given that our population continues to increase, I would expect the number and hence the frequency of such events to continue to increase, even though they are statistically insignificant events. This is one of the biggest problems I think that freedom advocates face - we need to find some way to sell the idea that these events don't really matter that much and shouldn't affect policy decisions. The problem is that this runs contrary to many people who have a "gut feeling" that there must be some solution. Sometimes you just can't fix crazy.

On a side note: I don't understand why school buses don't have seat belts.

Never could figure that one out...

$50-$100 per seat? Yellow Paint and Flashy lights = Accident Free Zone?

They'd actually have to meet safety standards which would be nearly impossible to meet because that would require either super heavy duty seat frames or anchoring the belt to the frame through the floor and THAT would be expensive?

I dunno, take your pick or float your own guess.

/thread hijack

On a side note: I don't understand why school buses don't have seat belts.

Well, not to hijack the thread but....it's because in a crash the children (those that can) need to be able to get out of the bus without trying to disconnect the belt in a panic. The driver has a seat belt cutter and could conceivably cut himself away but could never help all 40 - 70 children in the event of a fire or some other terrible event.

Last edited:
Sometimes you just can't fix crazy.

You never can fix crazy. We used to have a method of keeping the crazies away from the general public, but then they did away with institutions. The pendulum has swung too far in the other direction -- we used to institutionalize too many people for mental illness and there were some people that were locked up that could have functioned OK in society. Now, we give too much leeway with a lot of people that are not fit to be a part of society, and then act all surprised when they do crazy shit like shoot up a movie theater or school, and we blame the inanimate object in their hands instead the person. Because it's mean to blame people for stuff.

Well, not to hijack the tread but....it's because in a crash the children (those that can) need to be able to get out of the bus without trying to disconnect the belt in a panic. The driver has a seat belt cutter and could conceivably cut himself away but could never help all 40 - 70 children in the event of a fire or some other terrible event.

That's the reason given by the bus driver's UNION, they want more people hired instead of seat belts.

I would imagine they're at least as likely to be injured in a roll over as injured in a fire, but who knows. It's all political.

You never can fix crazy. We used to have a method of keeping the crazies away from the general public, but then they did away with institutions. The pendulum has swung too far in the other direction -- we used to institutionalize too many people for mental illness and there were some people that were locked up that could have functioned OK in society. Now, we give too much leeway with a lot of people that are not fit to be a part of society, and then act all surprised when they do crazy shit like shoot up a movie theater or school, and we blame the inanimate object in their hands instead the person. Because it's mean to blame people for stuff.

My father says the same thing...

Back
Top Bottom