Never felt undergunned, until now........

I have that in my office as my get home gun and one in my bedroom (along w a G22) to get me downstairs to the safe w the AR. I have considered putting one If them in the car but w it being locked not sure what good that’ll do and I’m not gonna leave it in the car unlocked. Figure I can drive around/over what I need to plus keep a knife & pepper spray in the car side pocket and I’m always carrying in the car.
Luckily, I can walk my Subbie to my truck daily and back undetected. It literally looks like a laptop case.
Since Covid, auto break-ins are on the rise...

1598661148959.png
^ Not mine...

We know at least 12 people disagree with you; I don't think I'm overly thin-skinned.

Congratulations, you win the social media likes award. I still don’t think there was anything condescending or douchy about his post.

I have a similar case. But it’s still in the case so I don’t see the value as a car gun.
It's all relative. I have a G23 ready to go, so I'm not 'unarmed' and the Subbie literally takes seconds to access and make-ready.

First let me say sorry to butt in, but Camhabib’s argument is so stupid I’m not even sure it’s worth anyone’s time. If he’s so dead set that having extra of something is futile, then I vote we all go clean out his savings. When he says no, we’ll say “well how do you KNOW you need that money¯\_(ツ)_/¯” Whats he gunna do? Shoot us? Not with his 10 rounds he won’t I’ve got 33 in my edc[rofl]

Not butting in at all, it’s a discussion board (though as always some of the trolls use it as an argument/insult board when they’re feeling frisky).

It’s too bad, @Rockrivr1 is a long standing member, well respected and liked, he asked a reasonable question and a couple liberal goons have to jump in and start shitting all over people because they can’t relate. 🤷‍♂️ Why not just move on to a subject you can relate too then instead of insulting the people that agree with the OP and are actually using the board for its intended purpose?

Meh, it is what it is, unfortunately the internet is basically like free soup, sometimes it comes with maggots in it.

Last edited:
Not butting in at all, it’s a discussion board (though as always some of the trolls use it as an argument/insult board when they’re feeling frisky).

It’s too bad, @Rockrivr1 is a long standing member, well respected and liked, he asked a reasonable question and a couple liberal goons have to jump in and start shitting all over people because they can’t relate. 🤷‍♂️ Why not just move on to a subject you can relate too then instead of insulting the people that agree with the OP and are actually using the board for its intended purpose?

Meh, it is what it is, unfortunately the internet is basically like free soup, sometimes it comes with maggots in it.

Seriously, what did I miss ? I have all the respect in the world for @Rockrivr1 but I guess I’m just not seeing the insult in that post? Perhaps I just read it wrong?

<edit> @cams I also respect your posts... so just wondering what I missed because I’m just not seeing it.

<edit 2> and I see that @drgrant and @Radtekk agree with you so clearly I’m missing something. Write it off to the vino I guess...

Last edited:
Speaking of which @Rockrivr1, I pocket & ankle carry the SigP365 fairly regularly. It’s about the same size as the PM9 but has a 10+1 capacity. I live around the corner from you (relatively speaking). You’re welcome to try mine & see if you like it.

Seriously, what did I miss ? I have all the respect in the world for @Rockrivr1 but I guess I’m just not seeing the insult in that post? Perhaps I just read it wrong?

I’m not going back to re-read the whole thing, just generally shitting up the thread from the start, mocking the OP for his question and others for their answers.

There wasn't any insults in this discussion. The folks that prefer carrying large quantities of ammo are triggered by the opinion that it is extremely unlikely to be necessary. No insulting, no there should be a law just disagreeing with them causes them mental anguish. Carry whatever you want, you should be legally able to carry anything ever made, but you will never need 40+ pistol rounds in a defensive situation.

Same here. Pepper spray in pocket as well. Would prefer the G19 but work has a no weapons policy and I feel more confident in concealing the PM9.

I encourage carry at work, in fact last year I bought my office manager a Bodyguard for xmas which she carries daily. I know, not my choice of carry gun by the best carry gun is the one you’ll carry and she never carried her 238 or the S&W air weight revolver. But she adores the bodyguard and carries it daily so I’m happy.

There wasn't any insults in this discussion. The folks that prefer carrying large quantities of ammo are triggered by the opinion that it is extremely unlikely to be necessary. No insulting, no there should be a law just disagreeing with them causes them mental anguish. Carry whatever you want, you should be legally able to carry anything ever made, but you will never need 40+ pistol rounds in a defensive situation.

Yeah, I think I understand what they’re saying now.

Looking at some extensions for my G19 and G17 preban mags. I have a few +2's, but thinking of getting some +5/+6. Has anyone tried them?

For G19 15-rnd mags?

For G17 17-rnd mags?

For years I've been a firm supporter of front pocket carry and as such in the warmer months I always carry a P3AT with my shorts. I've become complacent enough that I haven't been carrying a spare mag either. Well, after watching all these riot videos and innocent people getting assaulted I'm getting a not so good feeling that I'm WAY undergunned. My wife will never carry so need to carry for the both of us. I'll have to see if she'll carry pepper spray instead.

After some thought I'm going to brush off my PM9 and try to front pocket carry that. I think it will be a little big in my pocket, but I'll see if I can make it work. Not to mention spare mag in one of the cargo pockets. We are not ones for sitting around so we're usually out and about so that has really got me thinking more about this. Fun times. Anyone else reconsidering what they carry?

I'm contemplating picking up a g43. G26 is too big for all the pockets I have.

Or a second revolver.

A few extra speed loaders are on the way.

I'm also thinking of a "one gun in every vehicle" rule. Plus going back to bag gun plus carry gun.

The only thing I'm really missing is a semi auto .22LR.

Looking at some extensions for my G19 and G17 preban mags. I have a few +2's, but thinking of getting some +5/+6. Has anyone tried them?

For G19 15-rnd mags?

For G17 17-rnd mags?

TTIs are on my NO list. There is a thread here describing the yard sale issue when they fall wrong. Good data in the thread about better alternatives.

My usual setup was a Buck knife or Leathernan on right hip, LC9s in pocket.

Lately, because the weather has turned nice and cool I’ve put a knife in front pocket and moved my 1911 to my hip. Being in NH where open carry is normal helps ( I don’t OC, but don’t care if it shows), plus I’ve been seeing a lot of bear sign where I fish.

My LC9s is, to me, the biggest “real” gun that I could pocket carry comfortably. I still like it.

It's amazing me how many people carry .40s!
It amazes me more people don't. 40 hits harder than 9mm. I don't care what anyone says. Shoot plates or pins and the difference is obvious. Shoot 165 grain low recoil ammo out of a big gun and it is very manageable, no worse than 45 and everyone loves 45.
Return fire against the Vegas shooters walking through the crowd or the ones in the helicopters? How would you know if you are engaging a bad guy or another good guy shooting at the bad guy
I must have missed that Alex Jones episode. I was thinking more of throwing rounds into the broken windows where the muzzle flash was coming from.
Gay guys bringing guns to a nightclub, are you serious?
Well, I was unaware that gay folks couldn't or don't carry. Silly me. Is it OK if the security guys carry? Or only the straight ones?

It is a shame, the variety of offerings has dwindled as more have noticed it's nearly always available everywhere during panics. Really starting to tax my gig hard core crusty. [laugh]
.40 guys are going to get punched in the rectum soon, too. That's been difficult to replenish at some gun shops. .40 is at the point where they literally making less of it then they used to.....

It amazes me more people don't. 40 hits harder than 9mm. I don't care what anyone says. Shoot plates or pins and the difference is obvious. Shoot 165 grain low recoil ammo out of a big gun and it is very manageable, no worse than 45 and everyone loves 45.

I must have missed that Alex Jones episode. I was thinking more of throwing rounds into the broken windows where the muzzle flash was coming from.

Well, I was unaware that gay folks couldn't or don't carry. Silly me. Is it OK if the security guys carry? Or only the straight ones?
It's just that they seem to get so much crap here. I was honestly surprised. I personally feel .40 is snappier than .45 and less pleasant to shoot. But I shoot .40 out of a Glock 22 and .45 out of a compact and full size 1911. My brothers Beretta 96 is very nice to shoot.

How many will you need?
Has a civilian ever lost a defensive fight due to running out of ammo? If you really want to be prepared carry one reload and a second gun with one reload. That makes more sense than 40+ rounds for one handgun. Remember all you have to do is break contact and survive, not conquer Mogadishu.
From the ground with a handgun you are going to shoot at an open window on a large building? I'm willing to accept the official story for sake of discussion, Mr. Paddock was firing from the 32nd floor, that is over 300' from the ground, can you hit a widow 300' up and probably at least double that in distance?

I guess the chuckles work both ways then. I say carry what you want, but don’t shit on somebody else for carrying what they want based on their desire, thoughts and preparations to get their family out of any situation intact. Any actual experience to base your statements on or you just going by the Joe Biden rule of self defense?

Your thoughts may solely be around riotous crowds, I don’t know, but there are a lot worse threats out there than that, IE: active shooter(s), terror threats, vehicles running down crowds, etc.

I don’t think at this stage of the game any of those things are beyond the realm of possibility and in fact we’ve seen them all happen many times already. I base my tactics on my experiences, no cowboy hat needed.

I don't think anyone of us is winning the fight against a rioting mob even if you prison carry a Lahti L39. You're not going to win. Hell, even if you win, you're going to be branded the mass murderer that killed all those poor "mostly peaceful" BLM protesters, despite the video that shows them surrounding you with pitchforks and torches.

I'm more concerned about being someplace where an incident breaks out and provided I'm not one of the initial casualties, I have a tool available to me to help get me and my family out of the fray. That tool is a 1911 with a couple extra mags.

Last edited:
Again, this is the only reply I'm ever given, "well there are events." Lets hear some. How would in an active shooter situation where you're trying to protect your life and retreat to safety would the extra 30 rounds help? How would a group of armed terrorists be neutralized by your extra 30 rounds? And what, youre the lone savior cowboy defending the helpless church from the shooters? How would a vehicle driving by you at 40 mph killing people be stopped by those extra 30 rounds? Would you have time before that car was even out of range to get off those extra shots? Why are you firing into a crowd of people if your aim is that bad that you need 30 extra rounds to hit him? None of these scenarios actually make sense when you critically think about them.

And more importantly, how likely are any of these handful of scenarios you can come up with?
most of the time i carry 9mm or bigger caliber with 20 rds in any configuration. i riot situation you plug the one with the biggest mouth and the rest scatter

Back
Top Bottom