Never felt undergunned, until now........

I guess the chuckles work both ways then. I say carry what you want, but don’t shit on somebody else for carrying what they want based on their desire, thoughts and preparations to get their family out of any situation intact. Any actual experience to base your statements on or you just going by the Joe Biden rule of self defense?

Your thoughts may solely be around riotous crowds, I don’t know, but there are a lot worse threats out there than that, IE: active shooter(s), terror threats, vehicles running down crowds, etc.

I don’t think at this stage of the game any of those things are beyond the realm of possibility and in fact we’ve seen them all happen many times already. I base my tactics on my experiences, no cowboy hat needed.
Again, this is the only reply I'm ever given, "well there are events." Lets hear some. How would in an active shooter situation where you're trying to protect your life and retreat to safety would the extra 30 rounds help? How would a group of armed terrorists be neutralized by your extra 30 rounds? And what, youre the lone savior cowboy defending the helpless church from the shooters? How would a vehicle driving by you at 40 mph killing people be stopped by those extra 30 rounds? Would you have time before that car was even out of range to get off those extra shots? Why are you firing into a crowd of people if your aim is that bad that you need 30 extra rounds to hit him? None of these scenarios actually make sense when you critically think about them.

And more importantly, how likely are any of these handful of scenarios you can come up with?

Again, this is the only reply I'm ever given, "well there are events." Lets hear some. How would in an active shooter situation where you're trying to protect your life and retreat to safety would the extra 30 rounds help? How would a group of armed terrorists be neutralized by your extra 30 rounds? And what, youre the lone savior cowboy defending the helpless church from the shooters? How would a vehicle driving by you at 40 mph killing people be stopped by those extra 30 rounds? Would you have time before that car was even out of range to get off those extra shots? Why are you firing into a crowd of people if your aim is that bad that you need 30 extra rounds to hit him? None of these scenarios actually make sense when you critically think about them.

And more importantly, how likely are any of these handful of scenarios you can come up with?

Well there’s no way to say this without sounding like an a**h*** and that’s not my intent, but you sound like someone with zero real world experience and your so called critical thinking isn’t critical at all. It’s completely biased with only one look, one take, of any of these individual situations.

I’m not going to entertain you with a page long explanation of how each one of them can go sideways. And again, each one I’ve mentioned has already occurred many times. You do you. Everybody else will do them, but by your logic, I don’t understand why you carry at all.

Well there’s no way to say this without sounding like an a**h*** and that’s not my intent, but you sound like someone with zero real world experience and your so called critical thinking isn’t critical at all. It’s completely biased with only one look, one take, of any of these individual situations.

I’m not going to entertain you with a page long explanation of how each one of them can go sideways. And again, each one I’ve mentioned has already occurred many times. You do you. Everybody else will do them, but by your logic, I don’t understand why you carry at all.
Like I said, this is the reply I always get.

I live in NH and work mostly out of home office, but am in MA about 1 or 2 days out of the work-week.

I don't care for glocks, so that is out of the picture (its always been the grip-angle that is just not right for me).

I carry a Kahr P45 in summer (and two 8-round wilson combat mags) and a Kimber SS Pro-carry 1911 in the colder months. So that limits my mag capacity.

So in the summer that gives me 16 in the 2 mags + 9 in the wilson combat mag that is in the pistol = just 17 total.

When the weather gets colder I will go to my standard "max. carry" of (2 to 4) chip-mcCormick 10 round mags and the 8-round Wilson Combat mag in the pistol with 1 in the pipe (for the Kimber 1911). So that does give me more at 29 to 49 total rounds.
When I carry a small load-out, I also throw a spare box of the same ammo in the glovebox...

With all this civil unrest and uncertainty I went back to my HiPoint JCP digital camo in fotay...because I like to blend into the urban scape and have a real killy caliber on deck.

Haha yes, the justified reply to asking for a rational explanation.

I said that because it appears from what you stated that you’ve asked the same question multiple times, and appear to always get the same answers. Doesn’t your critical thinking take that into account?

I asked you a couple of questions as well, that were completely ignored, why? Because the question asked is already the answer that would be given?

You’d be a great advocate for mag restrictions.

Used to carry PM9 with either a Sticky or Nemesis pocket holster or a CYA AIWB. I just switched to a G43X, for the few extra rds. Also carry the extra mag that came with it. Hopefully, I maintain situational awareness enough that 21 rds. will be ample, but I do need to order more mags for it.

Pre-Covid and the American Race Wars, one spare mag would suffice. These days...? Sky's the limit...

View attachment 384573
Let's not forget: nothing happened here (aside from ADOG ((Accidental Discharge Original Gangster [smile])). These are Americans exercising their legal rights. I would feel safer around these guys than a group of white skater punks right now.

That aside, I always carried 2 extra magazines. Rather have them than not.

In my case I'll state that the P3AT is a .380 for those that don't know the firearm. It has 1 in the tube and 5 in the mag. Take for example what just happened to Kyle. With my style of carry I would have run out of ammo long before I could engaged the felon with the Glock. Basically I'm dead. Would I have had time to reload? Probably not, so hence my thought for greater capacity in my gun. An extra mag or two is not a great tax on my pants so no reason presents itself not to carry at least one. Overall it's my choice and feeling as to what and how I carry. As I've said, watching folks get stuck in bad situations with large groups of people makes me feel undergunned. Hence my change in carry. Take for example that older couple in the restaurant that were assaulted for not raising their fists. Do you think they thought that was going to happen? No! Things happen and hence why we carry. Nobody can see the future. If we could we'd not need to carry as we'd avoid situations. Since life is one big unexpected event, we can only go by what potentially could happen.

You’d be a great advocate for mag restrictions.
Discussing the quantity of ammo likely ever needed has nothing to do with advocating for gun restrictions. The butthurt just from just suggesting some people's load outs are likely excessive is telling. How many rounds did the Kenosha Kid fire? Expecting to be in a worse situation? Good luck.

Discussing the quantity of ammo likely ever needed has nothing to do with advocating for gun restrictions. The butthurt just from just suggesting some people's load outs are likely excessive is telling. How many rounds did the Kenosha Kid fire? Expecting to be in a worse situation? Good luck.
Kenosha Kid is an excellent example of many things. This kid exhibited a great deal of control and his round count is very low considering he was retreating from multiple attackers. However, retreating from multiple attackers is a perfect reason to need/want to carry more ammo.

As I stated earlier, I always carried two extra mags. This goes back to the 90's. Never thought twice about it and it never crossed my mind as excessive.

In my case I'll state that the P3AT is a .380 for those that don't know the firearm. It has 1 in the tube and 5 in the mag. Take for example what just happened to Kyle. With my style of carry I would have run out of ammo long before I could engaged the felon with the Glock. Basically I'm dead. Would I have had time to reload? Probably not, so hence my thought for greater capacity in my gun. An extra mag or two is not a great tax on my pants so no reason presents itself not to carry at least one. Overall it's my choice and feeling as to what and how I carry. As I've said, watching folks get stuck in bad situations with large groups of people makes me feel undergunned. Hence my change in carry. Take for example that older couple in the restaurant that were assaulted for not raising their fists. Do you think they thought that was going to happen? No! Things happen and hence why we carry. Nobody can see the future. If we could we'd not need to carry as we'd avoid situations. Since life is one big unexpected event, we can only go by what potentially could happen.
But this is the issue, “better safe than sorry.” Why not carry two pistols then? Better safe than sorry. Why not wear a vest every day? Better safe than sorry.

An extra mag so you’re not just limited to 6 rounds or in the event of a malfunction is a reasonable situation. Saying you carry 50 instead of 18 so you can shoot at the car driving through a crowd isn’t.

Let’s not change the wording here. I said mag restrictions, not gun. And what camhabib stated goes along exactly with the libs stating nobody needs 30rd mags, or even 15rd mags for that matter.

Let's not forget: nothing happened here (aside from ADOG ((Accidental Discharge Original Gangster [smile])). These are Americans exercising their legal rights. I would feel safer around these guys than a group of white skater punks right now.

That aside, I always carried 2 extra magazines. Rather have them than not.
Absolutely!

Because it may take 10 rounds to stop a threat from 1 person. Consider Kyle on the ground the the guy with the handgun about to shoot him, how many rounds would it take from a handgun to be sure he does not fire at you. What about all the other people chasing him?

Haha yes, the justified reply to asking for a rational explanation.
You said earlier you didn't *intend* to come off like an ass. And in your next post you reverted to your original tone. So I think you enjoy being a troll. But I'll not engage further, just ask a couple of questions that I wonder if you'll answer...
1) Why, SPECIFICALLY, with explanations, do you carry? Assuming of course that you do, since you seem to assert it generally pointless.
2) Do you wear a seat belt while driving, or as a passenger? Why, or why not? Again, with specificity as to scenarios.
3) Not assuming your gender or orientation, do you wear a condom during sex?
4) Do you get tetanus, MMR, other vaccinations? Why or why not?
5) Do you "social distance" and/or wear a mask? Why, why not? Cites to specific articles defending your assertions either way would be appreciated, not just "cuz".
6) Specifically, what knowledge, training, or real-world experience qualifies you to make the assertions you've made in prior posts regarding the practicality or reasonableness of carrying multiple magazines or firearms? In the case of knowledge, when and where was it obtained, from whom, and what were their qualifications to teach you? In the case of training or real-world experience, specific details as to the amount of time you trained, where, with whom, and the specific type of training you received or "real-world" situations you experienced would be appropriate.

Take your time, I'll wait...

Let’s not change the wording here. I said mag restrictions, not gun. And what camhabib stated goes along exactly with the libs stating nobody needs 30rd mags, or even 15rd mags for that matter.
Stating people are carrying more ammo then they are ever likely to need has nothing to do with enacting mag restrictions. The butthurt for busting the Rambo daydream is hilarious.

An extra mag so you’re not just limited to 6 rounds or in the event of a malfunction is a reasonable situation. Saying you carry 50 instead of 18 so you can shoot at the car driving through a crowd isn’t.

Who said anything about shooting to stop a vehicle? Again you’re twisting it to fit you own narrative. We’ve seen many terror attacks already where the vehicle was used as a precursor to an attack, with the driver or others then either planning to or actually getting out of the vehicle to attack pedestrians with firearms or knives.

We’ve seen multiple attackers in hotels, malls, schools, on the streets, attacking the front steps of parliament trying to gain entry, on bridges, etc etc.

Places that afford cover for the attackers, you’re stuck on this loop of film in your head that shows one bad guy in the street with a gun and all of your shots inbound are perfect, ending the situation like the same cowboy you laugh at. That’s not realistic and it’s not even close to critical thinking.

If I really need to up my game, AKS-74U under the sweater
Say, does that sweater capture all the spent brass?

And what, youre the lone savior cowboy defending the helpless church from the shooters?
@cams? Defending the church?
He's trying to get out of the church.

ScentedBigheartedChrysalis-size_restricted.gif

Dunk's Run...?
Only half those mags are for shooting.
The other half are for the gross motor skill tactical reload.

What I should have added for me was it wasnt so much about capacity, but shootability. I shoot my 43 "okay". I shoot the 19 " a lot better than okay" on a day to day basis.... so I looked at it like a free upgrade. it's more familiar. It's easier to shoot. Easier to make hits with, etc. The capacity is just an added bonus, and taking a spare mag along for the ride isnt a huge burden once you've already committed to 1. It's still below my "is it annoying to carry this" threshold.

Stating people are carrying more ammo then they are ever likely to need has nothing to do with enacting mag restrictions. The butthurt for busting the Rambo daydream is hilarious.

You seem to be focusing on round count more than the fact that 2 extra magazines is just preparedness, not excessive. Look at any uniformed police officer. How many extra mags do they have? Will they ever use all those rounds? Are they Rambo wannabees? 49 rounds is a 16 round mag inserted with one round chambered and 2 spare mags. My current loadout may have a lower round count but that is only limited by the capacity of my magazines. Regardless of magazine capacity, I would still likely carry 2 extra mags.

As far as likely ever going to need... probably all of it is more than I will "likely" ever need. Avoidance of stupidity is my top priority in my personal safety plan. I think people are trying to plan for what is unlikely.

WTF?

Did that guy just kick start an AK...???

I think I'd do better cycling the bolt with my hand than 'waltzing' it with my foot...

BlushingMixedArabianoryx-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom