Never felt undergunned, until now........

For years I've been a firm supporter of front pocket carry and as such in the warmer months I always carry a P3AT with my shorts. I've become complacent enough that I haven't been carrying a spare mag either. Well, after watching all these riot videos and innocent people getting assaulted I'm getting a not so good feeling that I'm WAY undergunned. My wife will never carry so need to carry for the both of us. I'll have to see if she'll carry pepper spray instead.

After some thought I'm going to brush off my PM9 and try to front pocket carry that. I think it will be a little big in my pocket, but I'll see if I can make it work. Not to mention spare mag in one of the cargo pockets. We are not ones for sitting around so we're usually out and about so that has really got me thinking more about this. Fun times. Anyone else reconsidering what they carry?

Don't go into riot areas, very easy to avoid.

Kinda simple actually :)

OK if you are going to engage the police in a firefight you need more ammo. Or the ability to shoot. Or a rifle, whoever had a rifle and a little discipline should have won promptly. There is so much shady crap with the Boston appliance malfunction I almost wonder if they were shooting blanks at each other.
I will change my opinion to load out what makes you happy, and in times of trouble don't stray too far from a rifle.

I have studied the entire report. Imagine the hail of bullets, POS rides over his brother on the ground, crosses the perimeter and quietly hides in the boat. This is just one instance, there are many more which clearly pointed out that our police and intelligence neglected to train for Chechnya. Yet, we opened our borders and let many of them in. Who would do something like that? Even Putin is scared of Chechnya!

Last edited:
G19 with at least one spare mag, pepper spray and knife. When I walk I put everything in a small backpack I picked up at Marshalls plus a water bottle, it has a few different compartments that are easy to access. I should up my ammo to 2 spare mags. When cooler weather arrives I will carry G19 in either a shoulder holster or my Mitch Rosen IWB. I walk either from my apt. in Leominster over to Doyle Field and back or at Devens.

Last edited:
I have an XDS as well, I like it, but ended up sticking with the G26. I have big hands so the double stack is nice.

I would be looking for a nine since I do not want a 40 (but depending on the cost of the barrel it would nice to know you could just make that swap and be moving). Between the 9 and my 10 I do not need anything in between, but who knows, could change my mind.

Just wondering if the Springfield and an FN would be vary similar. I will need to go back and compare them.

A firefight between Watertown PD and the suspects ensued. While the shootout continued, additional officers from Watertown PD, as well as officers from BPD, Cambridge PD, Transit PD, MSP and nearby communities responded to the scene.43 Over 200 rounds were fired between the two sides. During the firefight, the first suspect was shot as he stood outside the SUV. When he ran out of ammunition, he charged at a Watertown PD officer who was approaching the suspects from behind a residence. This officer tackled the suspect to the ground, and a second Watertown PD officer joined in to assist the officer and attempt to get the suspect in handcuffs. The second suspect entered the SUV and drove directly toward the officers struggling with the first suspect on the ground. The officers were barely able to roll out of the way of the oncoming vehicle; however, the first suspect was not able to get out of the way and was struck and dragged a short distance as the vehicle continued driving down the street. The first suspect was taken into custody and transported by Boston EMS ambulance to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital.44 The second suspect ultimately drove out of the area, while being shot at by the numerous law enforcement officers lining the streets. The multitude of police vehicles parked in the roadway delayed the pursuit of the second suspect, and he was able to make it approximately one-half mile down the road before abandoning the vehicle on Spruce Street and fleeing on foot.

marathon boston_gun_evidence_lf_150325_16x9_992.jpg

I’ve always had the luxury of being big enough to conceal full sized pistols, but normally I have a G19 with a preban and a 10 rd spare, or I’ll have my Beretta with two prebans.
I won’t ever fault someone for carrying multiple mags, especially now. All it takes is to be out of ammo once to f*** you up.

One of the biggest issues with ‘multiple officer’ involved shootings as always is training. We all know that. It’s about as basic as it can get and geared towards an individual Officer response.

There is no training for even basic shoot/move/communicate as you’d find with infantry units. So we end up with 2,3,10,30? individuals with zero teamwork, trigger discipline or communication just going crazy with fear. It’s embarrassing.

I don’t ever see them trying to implement any training around this either (short of individual specialized teams). Kind of a double edged sword as admin doesn’t want to pay a dime for better training, ever, the time, money and personnel needed for that isn’t sustainable, it would kill the numbers $$ they need to impress the local board and keep their jobs, and the public certainly would be up in arms if police were training in infantry tactics.

Back
Top Bottom