Henry releases a revolver

@pinefd How do like the Hogue Bantam grips? Picked them up recently but haven’t installed them yet - heard they’re pretty comfortable and shock absorbing.

Yes, absolutely, very comfortable and shock absorbing; I really like them so much better than the stock grips. I actually have them on a few of my guns; plus, with this gun...as with some of the others, I guess...it allows you to fit your pinky on the grip as well.

Frank

From Henry I would expect a Lever Action Revolver resembling something like Bounty Hunter Josh Randall carried in Wanted Dead or Alive;
Or maybe a rifle like the 1855 Colt Revolving Carbine.

View attachment 742074

View attachment 742087
Revolving rifles were a shit invention because of where you place your support hand. Can’t see someone ever making another one. That lever action is pretty sweet though.

Nice! What is that model?

This Henry thing is uglier than most trannys. Also, why have an exposed hammer like that if it’s SAO? Seems like this is a fart in the wind. They should stick to rifles.
The henry is not Sao. And if it was Sao how the hell would you cock it if it didn't have an exposed hammer?

Screenshot_20230414_210249_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! What is that model?

Thanks! It's the Kimber K6S DASA 2" model. It comes with, or without an exposed hammer, and in various barrel lengths, all 6 shot .357/.38. It's a little larger than your typical S&W J frame revolver, but fairly narrow for what it is, so it works well for IWB carry. K6s (DASA) (2

Frank

I'm shocked no one has come up with a modern vastly improved break action revolver with a classic appearance. That would be...
Sexy Jenna Fischer GIF

Don't take this as me speaking ill of Ruger here. Taking the broadest view of this market, right now, I see: Ruger, S&W, Colt, Charter, Taurus. Am I missing anyone?
Colt: $1500. Stainless only.
Ruger: $1000+. Blued or stainless.
SW: $1000+. Blued or stainless.
Taurus: $660+. Blued or stainless.
Charter: $470+. Blued or stainless.

The bottom two will be called skinflinting. Colt has a 50% Pony Tax.

That makes the K-frame sort of the eponymous 357 wheel gun. With the exception of the 10/22 and Mk series, Ruger is almost always treated as an also-ran. Adding a Henry at the same price-point starts to look like a race again.

I love competition. I would love to see this additional competitor cause all of them to raise their games.
Kimber has a .357 revolver.

Had this happened about 4 years ago I would have been excited because Henry's breaking into the handgun market for the first time and they're staying classic by making a revolver. The problem is I'm not excited because I'm left asking myself what it is I want from a revolver these days and understanding it's going to take a couple years before these are trustworthy in terms of quality and reliability as that's just the situation whenever a new firearm product is manufactured, especially if it's by a company that's never made a revolver before.

For as ugly as this thing is, so long as the fit, finish, feel, and performance is good, I won't care. I would like adjustable sights because I don't trust the guys making the guns to be able to give me a gun where the POI matches the POA. I also don't like SAA style gutter rear sight built into the frame.

Henry is a decent manufacturer, their rifles look good, but in general they don't excite me and I don't think there's anything Henry can do that would ever excite me because I'm not motivated by how a firearm looks and that's like 80% of the Henry's appeal.

Not with 1 shot you wont, still going to take 4 no matter what. That being said, guys running 44 mag on up have an advantage in late rounds if they sucked in earlier
ones, because if they get ONE good hit with something like a 240 gr SWC keith style load, the pin is going off. But if that guy gets good and gets himself two penalty pins, he has no margin for failure. 6 pins, 6 bullets, otherwise smoked...

ETA: the fun thing with retard level bores though like 460, 500 etc... if the pin is compromised.... stuff from 44 mag on up can make them expload pretty good. Although ive blown up a few weak ones with 45 ACP, too.
I have detonated pins with a 10mm 610 using 180 grain hollow points.

Fun times!

Had this happened about 4 years ago I would have been excited because Henry's breaking into the handgun market for the first time
Mossberg recently (past few years) came out with a pistol. Seems like a start of a trend?

and they're staying classic by making a revolver. The problem is I'm not excited because I'm left asking myself what it is I want from a revolver these days
I would like to see something using modern materials. Something that takes a S&W "J-Frame" to the next level. Not only in compactness and light weight, but also a refinement. The Kimber one is great, but not a concealed carry by any means. It would be nice to see a modern work of art, combined with high tech materials, modern manufacturing processes, and come out with something useful. If someone could do this, people would snap them up like crazy.

and understanding it's going to take a couple years before these are trustworthy in terms of quality and reliability as that's just the situation whenever a new firearm product is manufactured, especially if it's by a company that's never made a revolver before.
Yeah, with most cars and most guns, stay away from the new models, the "alpha units".

For as ugly as this thing is,
It is a revolver, which looks like it falls in the middle looks-wise of a bunch of other revolvers.

Henry is a decent manufacturer, their rifles look good, but in general they don't excite me and I don't think there's anything Henry can do that would ever excite me because I'm not motivated by how a firearm looks and that's like 80% of the Henry's appeal.
Again, I'd like to see something kind of NEW come along. See how far they can take a lever action using modern metals, by lightening the weight and slimming things down. Maybe come up with a thing of beauty. Not just slap on black furniture and a rail or built in scope/sight mounts, but take it to the next level.

See here for clues:

campagnolo%2Bderailleurs%2Btimeline.jpg

Last edited:
The Kimber one is great, but not a concealed carry by any means.
Not true at all.

Kimber makes a number of revolver models including a J-frame sized revolver that weighs 16 oz — the same weight as the 442/642.

Goin' out gun?

Firearm for formal wear?

Yes please. I know what I'm getting for tax-free weekend.

[You people calling this ugly....I'd hate to see what y'all call pretty. [rofl] ]
Barbeque gun!

Not true at all.

Kimber makes a number of revolver models including a J-frame sized revolver that weighs 16 oz — the same weight as the 442/642.

Thanks. Did not know this. To date, have only seen the K-6.

Last edited:
They don't have the K6xs yet, but here is the comparison with what they do have:

1681661265119.png

This one is larger in every aspect, and almost double the weight!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom