Henry releases a revolver

[rockon]

H017-GDM-BDM_Revolver_Hero.jpg

Developed in partnership with Remington?
For the ammunition choice.

Developed in partnership with Remington Ammunition and optimized for use in lever action rifles, the new .360 Buckhammer straight wall cartridge provides extended range, higher velocity, more energy, and a flatter trajectory than the competition for hunters of whitetail deer and other medium-sized game. With the ammunition rolling out nationwide, Henry is bringing the first rifles chambered for the new caliber to market with the Henry Steel Lever Action .360 Buckhammer and the Henry Lever Action X Model .360 Buckhammer.

1681399892187.png

Last edited:
not doing anything for me, especially at that price point, but I can understand that others may want it as a companion to their Henry rifle.

I'm still sticking with a K frame revolver ( Model 13) as my reasonably priced choice, granted it would be used but they are out there

Meh, if you are going to manufacture yet another 357 revolver ...

Either make it an 8 shot, or make it single action, or at least with a single action clone available, so people thst sre into Cowboy Action can buy it.

Another double action revolver doesn't do much.

Although the other options are either sh*t SW, or most horrible trigger in the universe Ruger - and Ruger stopped making most of their revolvers during COVID.

Maybe it isn't a bad idea. But I still think it should have been an 8 shot.

Good luck to them. I'm not tempted, but one thing I really do appreciate here is that they have different height front sights. I do hate it when the POI is hidden underneath the front sight. I had a S&W M&P from the 1920's that hit there, even with the lightest loads I tried, and as a result it just wasn't as fun to plink with. Would have worked fine, though, if trying to put one center of mass on a big target, just not so fun trying to pick off little targets at a distance.

It's nice looking but over priced!
That's is the price point of most S&W 686 models.
At that price; I would have to say "pass"
I agree.

I think it's geared more toward collectors than shooters....and if course owners of the 357 brass lever actions.....for a collector it will make a nice pairing.

It's nice looking but over priced!
That's is the price point of most S&W 686 models.
At that price; I would have to say "pass"
I feel like it depends how it compares to a modern 686. If it's reliable, with a good trigger and no lock? Could be a reasonable competitor.

Meh, if you are going to manufacture yet another 357 revolver ...

Either make it an 8 shot, or make it single action, or at least with a single action clone available, so people thst sre into Cowboy Action can buy it.

Another double action revolver doesn't do much.

Although the other options are either sh*t SW, or most horrible trigger in the universe Ruger - and Ruger stopped making most of their revolvers during COVID.

Maybe it isn't a bad idea. But I still think it should have been an 8 shot.
f*** single action revolvers. I wish MRI would actually make DA BFRs, then I'd own one. 🤣

I feel like it depends how it compares to a modern 686. If it's reliable, with a good trigger and no lock? Could be a reasonable competitor.

"Doesn't come out of the factory with a 50% chance of being junk" would elevate it above a 686. SW has serious QC problems.

f*** single action revolvers. I wish MRI would actually make DA BFRs, then I'd own one. 🤣
There is no need for a DA BFR.

It would be nice if they made a revolver that can be loaded by opening the cylinder.

GP100 would like a word...
Don't take this as me speaking ill of Ruger here. Taking the broadest view of this market, right now, I see: Ruger, S&W, Colt, Charter, Taurus. Am I missing anyone?
Colt: $1500. Stainless only.
Ruger: $1000+. Blued or stainless.
SW: $1000+. Blued or stainless.
Taurus: $660+. Blued or stainless.
Charter: $470+. Blued or stainless.

The bottom two will be called skinflinting. Colt has a 50% Pony Tax.

That makes the K-frame sort of the eponymous 357 wheel gun. With the exception of the 10/22 and Mk series, Ruger is almost always treated as an also-ran. Adding a Henry at the same price-point starts to look like a race again.

I love competition. I would love to see this additional competitor cause all of them to raise their games.

Don't take this as me speaking ill of Ruger here. Taking the broadest view of this market, right now, I see: Ruger, S&W, Colt, Charter, Taurus. Am I missing anyone?
Colt: $1500. Stainless only.
Ruger: $1000+. Blued or stainless.
SW: $1000+. Blued or stainless.
Taurus: $660+. Blued or stainless.
Charter: $470+. Blued or stainless.

The bottom two will be called skinflinting. Colt has a 50% Pony Tax.

That makes the K-frame sort of the eponymous 357 wheel gun. With the exception of the 10/22 and Mk series, Ruger is almost always treated as an also-ran. Adding a Henry at the same price-point starts to look like a race again.

I love competition. I would love to see this additional competitor cause all of them to raise their games.
What about the Filipino Rock Island for three bens?

Back
Top Bottom