Gun license & DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is mAss the only state that rips away someones right for a DUI conviction? That 2.5 year law was done with this intend. also, that 2 yr law from the feds is down right BULLSHIT.

Well although I question the idea of permanent disability in regard to a right, and such laws nearly accomplish nothing as the really bad guys get guns anyway and the honest felons can be nearly as dangerous with kitchenware... The real problem are the nazi states.

In NH for many crimes one could do 5 years in prison then stay out of trouble for another 5 to 10 years or something, seek an annulment, and have all rights restored. In my eyes that's an OK system, creates a "cool off" period, allows people to change and become respected members of society again.

Sadly this is the end result of being a law abiding citizen. One bad choice many years ago, where there were zero injuries, and you’re punished for life for it. Why? Because they know you’re basically a law abiding, tax paying citizen with a 9-5 who will listen and still try to do the right thing going forward IE: trying to legally possess a firearm.

On the other hand, I cannot even count the number of shitbird gang banging actual shooters that I have seen walk out of court laughing and giving the finger to the judge and the state after their 2nd, 3rd, 4th arrest for carrying without a license and/or even shooting somebody else. They give zero f***s and the state knows it.

It also helps if you’re on every single state welfare roll you can be on to show how downtrodden the man has kept you and left you no choice but to be a drug dealing neighborhood shooting cockroach. They literally walk out laughing, go to a buddies house and buy another pistol the same day. Zero f***s. There’s going to come a day when we all have to make that choice.

Driving records should have nothing to do with granting a fire arms license. Read the last part of your statement......that's promoting a licensing officer should be able to use his or her opinion on suitability. The suitability issue in mass is a huge problem and we as gun owners in mass need to choose our words carefully.

Your driving record directly reflects how responsible of a person you are-this cannot intelligently be disputed-if I were czar those with lengthy records of serious recent violations would have a very difficult time in getting a permit from -me-. The infrequent serious moving violation or first dui-oui would not in and of itself be a disqualification; juvenile records-if those are the only records would not be considered-restraining orders would be taken on a case/case basis as to whether or not an existing permit/application would be affected and of course Constitutional carry would be enacted and all guns would be available for purchase within reasonable commonsense guidelines.

Your driving record directly reflects how responsible of a person you are-this cannot intelligently be disputed-if I were czar those with lengthy records of serious recent violations would have a very difficult time in getting a permit from -me-. The infrequent serious moving violation or first dui-oui would not in and of itself be a disqualification; juvenile records-if those are the only records would not be considered-restraining orders would be taken on a case/case basis as to whether or not an existing permit/application would be affected and of course Constitutional carry would be enacted and all guns would be available for purchase within Federal guidelines.

Maura is that You?

A81204-E4-BBCC-4684-AE00-83-A4457-EBBFE.gif

Your driving record directly reflects how responsible of a person you are-this cannot intelligently be disputed-if I were czar those with lengthy records of serious recent violations would have a very difficult time in getting a permit from -me-. The infrequent serious moving violation or first dui-oui would not in and of itself be a disqualification; juvenile records-if those are the only records would not be considered-restraining orders would be taken on a case/case basis as to whether or not an existing permit/application would be affected and of course Constitutional carry would be enacted and all guns would be available for purchase within reasonable commonsense guidelines.

It’s a good thing you’re not a czar then. When’s the last time you drove around Chinatown or Quincy for even an hour? If being a bad driver = irresponsibility across the board then 75% of the Asian race would be disqual’d.

Driving a car should have zero affect on ones ability to remain free men and their God given rights to defend themselves and their families.

If someone is an idiot with a firearm it usually self corrects fairly quickly, as it should.

That's very unfortunate.
I can understand why they enforce that though.
Not sure if I'd want to be around people who drink & drive their cars & also carry a loaded firearm.

If a person is willing to drink & drive I'd imagine they'd be willing to drink & drive with a loaded firearm. I can see how that's problematic.

This is why we have shit gun laws, because of people using shitlogic like this. Karens who think that civil infractions should somehow be linked to a human right. This is exactly the brand of brain disease that was born into AWBs, "licensing" and other unconstitutional bullshit. It's not too far of a pivot from what you suggest to garbage like "social credit score" being at X or higher
to own a gun, etc.

This is literally the root of most shitty laws in existence. Ever. (gun laws or otherwise) Pure moral authoritiarism/posturing and "feelings" cast into law.

Oh, here we go....... [rofl]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0itEw_D1Ifk

😮
My only surchargable accident was in 83 or so. Not a single speeding ticket from around that same period as well.
If you were czar what would that earn me?? 😂
PS. I rarely drive the speed limit but I do pay attention to what is going on around me.

That's very unfortunate.
Not sure if I'd want to be around people who drink & drive their cars & also carry a loaded firearm.

If a person is willing to drink & drive I'd imagine they'd be willing to drink & drive with a loaded firearm. I can see how that's problematic.

You haven't been aro.............oh nevermind.

I am surprised someone either looked at the application or ran your info when you dropped it off

Various towns proactively share data like this routinely. If it doesn’t come up initially , it will when the deeper look takes place. A conviction on a DUI means you have a long road ahead of you and have a low chance of success. If it was dismissed etc. the chief may refuse and make you go through a lot of work to get the license. IMHO.

That's very unfortunate.

This ^^^ is garbage too. Hey look the world can be a scary place, for sure, but we don’t need thought police policies around anything, never mind survival and Constitutional rights. Maybe you should stay home and clean out your purse or something if you’re that worried about someone having a couple drinks on the way home from work and carrying. None of that is illegal yet and personal responsibility is still the word of the day.

What’s next? You gonna ask people to sign a waiver to disavow alcohol if they have a LTC? One or the other but not both, because it kind of frightens me. Please ninja.

Your driving record directly reflects how responsible of a person you are-this cannot intelligently be disputed-if I were czar those with lengthy records of serious recent violations would have a very difficult time in getting a permit from -me-.

Meh.

Some of us are old enough to remember a time when MA speeding was a $50 flat fine, no add on fees, no insurance surcharges. “Paying your dues to the Speeder’s Club of America.”
There was practically zero consequence to speeding.

I have a pretty epic driving record from my 20s as a result. Toned that shit way down when a) I grew up (some) and b) it was going to start to hurt to get nabbed. So I slowed down (some).

The Acton LO who initially granted my LTC would have done a triple take, except he was the rook who chased me out of the HS parking lot for doing donuts after more than one snow event. LOLz.

Did 1 1/2 years in Boston, hated every second-until the PS the member was approved for unrestricted carry/full auto and free ammo, he knocked himself out of the latter though.

sorry guys but-regular- irresponsible driving behavior only comes from irresponsible people to argue other wise is silly.

I left out something about the friend of a friend...

His passenger was injured.

Even with a lawyer, he would be screwed, I guess.

With all that is at stake for gun owners, it worries me when I see fellow gun owners drinking.

I don't think a buzz outside of the home is worth it when your life can be so easily ruined.

This, every day. This is why I will not drink outside my home...even one drink (I don't even drink that much in my home). I do not live in Mass but still...No way do I want a DWI/OUI on my record. I did some pretty stupid stuff as a young adult, things that could've made me a PP in a heart beat. I was young and dumb and thought I was invincible. I was not invincible, I was lucky.

Last edited:
its likely nobody has ever served 1 day in jail for
I tried that argument in Federal Court, explaining that NOBODY goes to jail for 2 1/2 years for a first offense OUI in Massachusetts. The judge noted that, while he was a District Court Judge in Massachusetts, he had sentenced people to 2 1/2 years for a first offense OUI.

I had a hard time extracting my foot from my mouth.

Did 1 1/2 years in Boston, hated every second-until the PS the member was approved for unrestricted carry/full auto and free ammo, he knocked himself out of the latter though.

sorry guys but-regular- irresponsible driving behavior only comes from irresponsible people to argue other wise is silly.

English please. No idea what you’re talking about.

Well, its a great thing that you are not and I hope you NEVER are.

Actually, my club serves booze, but no guns are allowed in the bar. And never any problems. And, knowing a bunch of guys a bit in the club, it wouldn't be a problem even if guns were allowed in the bar.

Yeah, because you can't be trusted to bring your guns into the bar at your own club.
f***ing Massachusetts in a nutshell right there.

My local club has a bar in its main room. Fully stocked, complete with bartender, (and barbacks when necessary).
Club rule is simple: Do not shoot after drinking alcohol. If you do, you will no longer be a member.

The owners of the club wouldn't dream of telling members that they couldn't carry firearms anywhere on the club property.

I think that there is an application for cert on this subject before SCOTUS now. Barrett has made per position clear on this and hopefully will find four other Justices to agree.

There is some small hope:

You're specifying "suitability" for a constitutional right.
Wow. How about you just *pound sand*?
Seriously.

"reasonable commonsense guidelines" - *pound sand*

I expect you to say next "I believe in the second amendment, BUT, blah, blah, blah.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's very unfortunate.

Thinking like this is why you can't carry 11 round of ammo without being a criminal. You are flat out against the 2nd Amendment if you think like this.

This ^^^ is garbage too. Hey look the world can be a scary place, for sure, but we don’t need thought police policies around anything, never mind survival and Constitutional rights. Maybe you should stay home and clean out your purse or something if you’re that worried about someone having a couple drinks on the way home from work and carrying. None of that is illegal yet and personal responsibility is still the word of the day.

What’s next? You gonna ask people to sign a waiver to disavow alcohol if they have a LTC? One or the other but not both, because it kind of frightens me. Please ninja.

Drunk driving claims 10,000 deaths per year. Due to this, we have laws against drinking and driving. If you drink and drive and get caught, you get a dui. If you get a dui, you may not be eligble to get an ltc. Therefore, don't drink and drive. Drink responsibly. If you can't handle that, you can't handle a loaded firearm. You shouldn't be walking around in public around other people with a loaded firearm if you can't even handle calling a taxi. This is my opinion. But backed by my opinion, is the law. Which is exactly why this guy won't get an LTC. I only feel bad for the poor decisions he made. But fortunately, and I hope no one got hurt during his DUI.

This is why we have shit gun laws, because of people using shitlogic like this. Karens who think that civil infractions should somehow be linked to a human right. This is exactly the brand of brain disease that was born into AWBs, "licensing" and other unconstitutional bullshit. It's not too far of a pivot from what you suggest to garbage like "social credit score" being at X or higher
to own a gun, etc.

This is literally the root of most shitty laws in existence. Ever. (gun laws or otherwise) Pure moral authoritiarism/posturing and "feelings" cast into law.

Oh, here we go....... [rofl]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0itEw_D1Ifk

f***ing, eh !!

Thinking like this is why you can't carry 11 round of ammo without being a criminal. You are flat out against the 2nd Amendment if you think like this.

I got no issues carrying 10 rounds and 1 in the pipe. 11 rounds is more than enough for me. My three other mags strapped to my belt will work just fine too with all my training on quick reloads. No problem there chief. Sounds like some of you guys got issues with being told what to do. Glad you come to an online forum to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom