Gun license & DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time DUI, no prior record , didn’t take the breathalyzer or any tests , had about 4 beers that night , the jury were a bunch of cock suckers like you

Wow for someone with single digit posts that is quite the statement.

What did I do to you?

You had the 4 beers and got behind the wheel, not I.

You chose the attorney and took it to trial, not me

You rolled the dice, you could have taken the easy way out and asked the Judge for a CWOF, You could have asked for a bench trial, you chose a jury and for one reason or another the PROSECUTION was able to convince a jury you were guilty as charged.

If you took the stand in your own defense I can only guess that you were not seen as a sympathetic defendant.

I am not a lawyer, and I made that clear, but I did tell you the only way to correct what you portray as a miscarriage of justice.

You don't like what I laid out, prove that what I said was not factual.

You can't do that so you make a personal attack.

Trust me I have been called every name in the book and in a dozen languages. it does not phase me one bit.

You are screwed 8 ways to Sunday, and if you handled a gun or ammunition during your pre licensing course technically you are guilty of a Federal crime.

Now take the advice of the people who have responded, either man up and lawyer up and go back to the courts and admit you made a mistake and you want to correct it, or accept the fact you played the game and lost your 2A rights for life

PS I have 19 years of sobriety, I stopped blaming other people for the ramifications of my poor decisions long ago.

I would bet that even if you got a second bite at the apple legally, applying in Lowell for a LTC, especially unrestricted would result in a denial based upon suitability because Lowell is historically not gun friendly when it comes to issuing licenses. In what we call a "green" town your situation might be better, but Lowell is not a place where gun rights are respected.

Drives me crazy that 1st time dwi’s and phony RO’s can strip you of your 2A rights. Thx for your posts and information on this!👍🏻
it's ridiculous that the RO system is allowed to be so blatantly abused the way it is.

I know 2 good dudes who were going through divorces and both were served with an RO despite never being the type of guy to raise a hand to a woman (even though each of their wives, in their own ways, deserved to get their teeth knocked down their throats). An RO is just part of the process for divorce now it seems.

Wow for someone with single digit posts that is quite the statement.

What did I do to you?

You had the 4 beers and got behind the wheel, not I.

You chose the attorney and took it to trial, not me

You rolled the dice, you could have taken the easy way out and asked the Judge for a CWOF, You could have asked for a bench trial, you chose a jury and for one reason or another the PROSECUTION was able to convince a jury you were guilty as charged.

If you took the stand in your own defense I can only guess that you were not seen as a sympathetic defendant.

I am not a lawyer, and I made that clear, but I did tell you the only way to correct what you portray as a miscarriage of justice.

You don't like what I laid out, prove that what I said was not factual.

You can't do that so you make a personal attack.

Trust me I have been called every name in the book and in a dozen languages. it does not phase me one bit.

You are screwed 8 ways to Sunday, and if you handled a gun or ammunition during your pre licensing course technically you are guilty of a Federal crime.

Now take the advice of the people who have responded, either man up and lawyer up and go back to the courts and admit you made a mistake and you want to correct it, or accept the fact you played the game and lost your 2A rights for life

PS I have 19 years of sobriety, I stopped blaming other people for the ramifications of my poor decisions long ago.

I would bet that even if you got a second bite at the apple legally, applying in Lowell for a LTC, especially unrestricted would result in a denial based upon suitability because Lowell is historically not gun friendly when it comes to issuing licenses. In what we call a "green" town your situation might be better, but Lowell is not a place where gun rights are respected.
I like it when someone says they had "about" 4 beers...

So your opinion is if a guy gets a dui in 1995 after having 4 beers he should be a pp forever? Your a f***ing tool bag anti freedom dick of epic proportions.

Wow. Those are really specific details. 4 Beers? Were you there?
No. That's not my opinion. It's the law.
I think it should be case by case.
When someone gets a DUI, it's not that big of a deal. End of the day it just means you're an idiot and for that reason now you have to pay a shit ton of money for your mistake. If it's more serious...I think we all know how that goes.
For you to obtain an LTC, I definitely think a lawyer would help and be needed for case by case. If there were injuries and stuff, yeah I could get a f*** less if that person doesn't ever obtain an LTC, tough shit. If there were no injuries, I think a local department would be able to work with someone who just got a "light" dui after 10+ years of no criminal history....if a local pd reviewed an LTC application and saw someone apply with a past DUI, you better be clean as a piece of paper after or take a walk, that's my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: TLB
it's ridiculous that the RO system is allowed to be so blatantly abused the way it is.

I know 2 good dudes who were going through divorces and both were served with an RO despite never being the type of guy to raise a hand to a woman (even though each of their wives, in their own ways, deserved to get their teeth knocked down their throats). An RO is just part of the process for divorce now it seems.
Hopefully those 2 guys have finalized their divorces and have their rights and their shit back.

Hopefully those 2 guys have finalized their divorces and have their rights and their shit back.

the Wakefield case where the Dentist sued the Town and then C.O.P. for not issuing after a R.O. was vacated established that even a vacated R.O. is reason for denial of a LTC.

Yes or no have you stopped beating your wife.

Don't get me started on Lautenburg, although MA had their own version long before the Federal Law was enacted, this misdafelony crap is bad enough, but at least with a vacated R.O. you have SOME chance of getting licensed, where a Guilty finding on a DWI screws you for life.

We let Murderers out of prison because we didn't want them to catch Covid.....and we issue a lifetime ban against those who have a DUI on their record.
It's definitely an upside down world we live in anymore.

neither were gun owners

In both cases the spiteful c***s filed ROs right before Christmas to deny these dads the ability to see their kids during the holidays.

In BOTH cases, the women actually had hit or otherwise assaulted their husbands. My buddy's wife came home drunk after a 3 to 4 hour after work happy hour as she often did and picked a fight and accused him of cheating on here (he hadn't, but it's since come out that she had in fact been f***ing another guy for over a year). In a rage she threw a wine glass (cuz obviously she needed to slam a bunch of wine after drunk driving home from Boston) at him and cut his brow. He went downstairs to get a broom and dustpan to clean up her mess and when he came back upstairs she was on the phone with the cops telling them he hit her (he didn't but should have).

Other guy is my wife's brother. His horrible mega c*** of a wife picked a fight with him the week before xmas one year and being a fiery italian woman thinks it's ok to hit men. when he tried to leave the house she blocked his way so he physically, but non violently, moved her out of the way and left. She called the cops and told them he pushed her and filed an RO the next day. They're still divorced by are co-parenting. He's stuck with her for life basically or at least til his 6 year old girl turns 18.

I sure hope all of you are who profess to hate all the evils of a DUI are just as hard on pot heads. Smoke a joint once a long time ago and you should become a PP. Yep, damn straight. You are a drug addict and the lowest form of scum on the earth. Besides stripping away your rights we need to lock your ass up forever because everyone knows pot leads to harder drugs which leads to everything bad that could possibly be imagined. No room to forgive you.

But wait a minute, isn't pot legal now? Why yes, I believe it is. What about all those who are PP because they smoked pot years ago and got jammed up? Hmm. Sucks to be them. Get caught with a joint 30 years ago and become a PP, get caught now and no one cares.

Look. I dislike drunk drivers as much as the next person but nothing is absolute. There needs to be some process for looking at these.

And BTW. Don't mess up your taxes and get convicted if you owe too much. Felony tax conviction and you will be a PP for life. So now we have misdemeanor DUI, pot possession of less than some arbitrary amount decided on by the state, misdemeanor theft or B&E and you are not a PP but don't pay your taxes and you are f***ed.

Am I in trouble because I drive like I shoot....fast and all over the place. 🤔 I think I need a beer , it,ll be in one of those yard glasses with a flaming shot in it...but at the end of the day I only had 1 beer 😇

neither were gun owners

In both cases the spiteful c***s filed ROs right before Christmas to deny these dads the ability to see their kids during the holidays.

In BOTH cases, the women actually had hit or otherwise assaulted their husbands. My buddy's wife came home drunk after a 3 to 4 hour after work happy hour as she often did and picked a fight and accused him of cheating on here (he hadn't, but it's since come out that she had in fact been f***ing another guy for over a year). In a rage she threw a wine glass (cuz obviously she needed to slam a bunch of wine after drunk driving home from Boston) at him and cut his brow. He went downstairs to get a broom and dustpan to clean up her mess and when he came back upstairs she was on the phone with the cops telling them he hit her (he didn't but should have).

Other guy is my wife's brother. His horrible mega c*** of a wife picked a fight with him the week before xmas one year and being a fiery italian woman thinks it's ok to hit men. when he tried to leave the house she blocked his way so he physically, but non violently, moved her out of the way and left. She called the cops and told them he pushed her and filed an RO the next day. They're still divorced by are co-parenting. He's stuck with her for life basically or at least til his 6 year old girl turns 18.
Wow!

I sure hope all of you are who profess to hate all the evils of a DUI are just as hard on pot heads. Smoke a joint once a long time ago and you should become a PP. Yep, damn straight. You are a drug addict and the lowest form of scum on the earth. Besides stripping away your rights we need to lock your ass up forever because everyone knows pot leads to harder drugs which leads to everything bad that could possibly be imagined. No room to forgive you.

But wait a minute, isn't pot legal now? Why yes, I believe it is. What about all those who are PP because they smoked pot years ago and got jammed up? Hmm. Sucks to be them. Get caught with a joint 30 years ago and become a PP, get caught now and no one cares.

Look. I dislike drunk drivers as much as the next person but nothing is absolute. There needs to be some process for looking at these.

And BTW. Don't mess up your taxes and get convicted if you owe too much. Felony tax conviction and you will be a PP for life. So now we have misdemeanor DUI, pot possession of less than some arbitrary amount decided on by the state, misdemeanor theft or B&E and you are not a PP but don't pay your taxes and you are f***ed.
pot isn't legal at the fed level.

pot isn't legal at the fed level.

It isn't, but in the context of "a few joints" or similar, only a fed conviction will disable you. (which isn't happening unless someone was a dealer or something that got punted up that far). A state level pot conviction for under the (current) MA legal limit, can possibly be dealt with at this point.

When someone gets a DUI, it's not that big of a deal. End of the day it just means you're an idiot and for that reason now you have to pay a shit ton of money for your mistake. If it's more serious...I think we all know how that goes.
For you to obtain an LTC, I definitely think a lawyer would help and be needed for case by case. If there were injuries and stuff, yeah I could get a f*** less if that person doesn't ever obtain an LTC, tough shit. If there were no injuries, I think a local department would be able to work with someone who just got a "light" dui after 10+ years of no criminal history....if a local pd reviewed an LTC application and saw someone apply with a past DUI, you better be clean as a piece of paper after or take a walk, that's my opinion.
You should definitely run for state rep as a dem. You'd fit right in.

So let’s run a different situation past you, because you seem to only see life in pure black and white.

Guy gets out of work an hour early after a long week, stops at the bar to have A drink with an old buddy before heading home to the family for dinner.

Halfway thru that drink he gets a call from his wife, kids were rough housing and one of them needs stitches, he’ll be fine but have to go to the ER.

Guy tells his buddy hey sorry man, family emergency I gotta split. As he’s pulling out of the bar he gets blindsided by an illegal hauling ass down the road in his suped up lawnmower sounding shitbox. Cars are wrecked, illegal is hurt and I no speak English.

Rookie cop shows up, see’s wrecked cars, sees injured person, calls whambulance and then smells alcohol on said family guys breath. Half a drink. If that. But he just left the bar 1min prior so the smell is fresh enough to seem strong.

There’s a 99.9% chance he’s getting silver bracelets from this young inexperienced cop (or even an older just an a**h*** type cop because his coffee break was interrupted) instead of going to meet his family at the hospital. Now what if he’s so pissed off right now because he knows he did nothing wrong that he refuses any field sobriety tests or breathalyzer, now he’s automatically lost his license for 180 days for refusing, and later has a very high chance of also being made a PP for life. And for what?

Does that seem fair to you? What happens to the shitbird illegal who was driving without a lic, no ins, and unregistered? Not a f***ing thing because he has 6 aliases and nobody can find him, homie don’t care. He’s already got another beater. What happens to the cop who didn’t do his due diligence at the scene and failed to use any discretion or sound judgment and just saw the world like you do? Nothing. He’s already back out there f***ing something else up. So the only person who got f***ed here is the guy that’s completely innocent.

My point here is that nothing is ever just black and white. And when you’re talking about a persons constitutional rights being stripped for his entire life, then it should never be a simple black and white, right or wrong answer.

You really should rethink how you see the world before you become a victim of your own cynicism one day. Every single human being in this world has faults, punishing them for an entire lifetime for a situation with no or even minor injuries is just flat out wrong.

There but for the Grace of God go I.

So let’s run a different situation past you, because you seem to only see life in pure black and white.

Guy gets out of work an hour early after a long week, stops at the bar to have A drink with an old buddy before heading home to the family for dinner.

Halfway thru that drink he gets a call from his wife, kids were rough housing and one of them needs stitches, he’ll be fine but have to go to the ER.

Guy tells his buddy hey sorry man, family emergency I gotta split. As he’s pulling out of the bar he gets blindsided by an illegal hauling ass down the road in his suped up lawnmower sounding shitbox. Cars are wrecked, illegal is hurt and I no speak English.

Rookie cop shows up, see’s wrecked cars, sees injured person, calls whambulance and then smells alcohol on said family guys breath. Half a drink. If that. But he just left the bar 1min prior so the smell is fresh enough to seem strong.

There’s a 99.9% chance he’s getting silver bracelets from this young inexperienced cop (or even an older just an a**h*** type cop because his coffee break was interrupted) instead of going to meet his family at the hospital. Now what if he’s so pissed off right now because he knows he did nothing wrong that he refuses any field sobriety tests or breathalyzer, now he’s automatically lost his license for 180 days for refusing, and later has a very high chance of also being made a PP for life. And for what?

Does that seem fair to you? What happens to the shitbird illegal who was driving without a lic, no ins, and unregistered? Not a f***ing thing because he has 6 aliases and nobody can find him, homie don’t care. He’s already got another beater. What happens to the cop who didn’t do his due diligence at the scene and failed to use any discretion or sound judgment and just saw the world like you do? Nothing. He’s already back out there f***ing something else up. So the only person who got f***ed here is the guy that’s completely innocent.

My point here is that nothing is ever just black and white. And when you’re talking about a persons constitutional rights being stripped for his entire life, then it should never be a simple black and white, right or wrong answer.

You really should rethink how you see the world before you become a victim of your own cynicism one day. Every single human being in this world has faults, punishing them for an entire lifetime for a situation with no or even minor injuries is just flat out wrong.

There but for the Grace of God go I.
Oh itll happen to him cams. He'll be a victim of his own "rules" someday only he'll be the one that flips immediately and starts crying like a bitch that its not fair.

Last edited:
I'm confused. Can you show me where in the constitution in the second amendment it says you have a right to keep and bear arms provided your ltc applicant has record as a clean as a piece of paper if they have a past dui?

Your such a hater of the constitution its pathetic.

And BTW. Don't mess up your taxes and get convicted if you owe too much. Felony tax conviction and you will be a PP for life.
Hopefully that will change. The Supreme Court might hear arguments on a felony tax conviction where that person lost their 2nd A rights.
Maybe that ruling would apply to all non violent felony's.

Your driving record directly reflects how responsible of a person you are-this cannot intelligently be disputed-if I were czar ..................

You're in the wrong country. Maybe you should move to one with a Czar and let them rule over you.

those with lengthy records of serious recent violations would have a very difficult time in getting a permit from -me-. The infrequent serious moving violation or first dui-oui would not in and of itself be a disqualification; juvenile records-if those are the only records would not be considered-restraining orders would be taken on a case/case basis as to whether or not an existing permit/application would be affected and of course Constitutional carry would be enacted and all guns would be available for purchase within reasonable commonsense guidelines.
[/QUOTE]

Any gun owner who utters a statement like that should lose their right to own ANY firearm. Maybe put it in your wife's purse.

Just for the record, the term common sense guidelines/gun laws can be shoved up your ass.
Go to a different forum where someone might like you.

Hopefully that will change. The Supreme Court might hear arguments on a felony tax conviction where that person lost their 2nd A rights.
Maybe that ruling would apply to all non violent felony's.

Yes, I am aware of that case. That is the case where the lower court upheld and ACB write the dissenting opinion.

I tried that argument in Federal Court, explaining that NOBODY goes to jail for 2 1/2 years for a first offense OUI in Massachusetts. The judge noted that, while he was a District Court Judge in Massachusetts, he had sentenced people to 2 1/2 years for a first offense OUI.

I had a hard time extracting my foot from my mouth.

Somewhere I heard, "A lawyer never asks a question in court, that they don't already know the answer to...." [wink]

I like it when someone says they had "about" 4 beers...

Many years ago, I had a worker that had serious drinking issues.

He had no drivers license because of too many convictions.. he admitted that once he started drinking, he had no "stop" button.
His wife was trying to get him to stop. So he tried that out for a very, very short time.

During that same time, I noticed he was dragging during a particular workday morning.

I looked at him and said, dude, you drank last night didn't you.
He says no, I didn't have anything to drink.

As the morning progressed, I asked him the same question a couple more times.

He finally admitted that he drank the night before. He confessed that it was "around a 6 pack of beer .... i think".

I laughed at him, and asked how he could've said to me that he didn't drink at all the night before?

His answer was: "considering that I can easily knock down a 24 pack in a few hours on any given week night = downing a 6 pack is equivalent to me .... as "drinking nothing"

Constitutional carry would be enacted and all guns would be available for purchase within reasonable commonsense guidelines.
We have common sense guidelines here in NH. If you're good with the Feds, it's all good with us, this includes MGs and suppressors. Now if we can just get the Fed NFA laws removed.
Where does not returning shopping carts factor into this?
Clearly you are unsuitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom