Gun license & DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drunk driving claims 10,000 deaths per year. Due to this, we have laws against drinking and driving. If you drink and drive and get caught, you get a dui. If you get a dui, you may not be eligble to get an ltc. Therefore, don't drink and drive. Drink responsibly. If you can't handle that, you can't handle a loaded firearm. You shouldn't be walking around in public around other people with a loaded firearm if you can't even handle calling a taxi. This is my opinion. But backed by my opinion, is the law. Which is exactly why this guy won't get an LTC. I only feel bad for the poor decisions he made. But fortunately, and I hope no one got hurt during his DUI.
WOW !! then BAN alcohol !!! it causes the problem just like the gun...right ! GTFOH with that shit.

I got no issues carrying 10 rounds and 1 in the pipe. 11 rounds is more than enough for me. My three other mags strapped to my belt will work just fine too with all my training on quick reloads. No problem there chief. Sounds like some of you guys got issues with being told what to do. Glad you come to an online forum to complain.
Your OK with restrictions of a right! and we in mAss wonder ...

I got no issues carrying 10 rounds and 1 in the pipe. 11 rounds is more than enough for me. My three other mags strapped to my belt will work just fine too with all my training on quick reloads. No problem there chief. Sounds like some of you guys got issues with being told what to do. Glad you come to an online forum to complain.
All I see is "please, please give me more gun control. I need to be told what is good for myself......... Sheep.

Drunk driving claims 10,000 deaths per year. Due to this, we have laws against drinking and driving. If you drink and drive and get caught, you get a dui. If you get a dui, you may not be eligble to get an ltc. Therefore, don't drink and drive. Drink responsibly. If you can't handle that, you can't handle a loaded firearm. You shouldn't be walking around in public around other people with a loaded firearm if you can't even handle calling a taxi. This is my opinion. But backed by my opinion, is the law. Which is exactly why this guy won't get an LTC. I only feel bad for the poor decisions he made. But fortunately, and I hope no one got hurt during his DUI.

Saaaaaaaave the orphans.........

Everybody!

Saaaaaaaaave the orphans!!!!

I'm still walking talking tall buddy. I carry legally and I have nothing to worry about. Don't like it? Move, don't cry like a little woman about it on an online forum.
I got your woman...swinging. buddy. Lick the boot the shit taste great, then when you can't carry anything. you will stand there with a dumb look on your face asking what happened to my right!

All I see is "please, please give me more gun control. I need to be told what is good for myself......... Sheep.

Hey the way I look at it, I got buddies in other states who love firearms and can't own any where they live. They just deal with it.
......Which is exactly what you & everyone else in this state does. So whats the point in crying about it if you're not going to help make change in our system.

I got your woman...swinging. buddy. Lick the boot the shit taste great, then when you can't carry anything. you will stand there with a dumb look on your face asking what happened to my right!

Yeah you're 100% a normal functioning human being. I'm really glad people like you carry firearms in public.

The Acton LO who initially granted my LTC would have done a triple take, except he was the rook who chased me out of the HS parking lot for doing donuts after more than one snow event. LOLz.

Burned entire tanks of fuel doing donuts in parking lots. That's how you learned to drive in the 70's!!
Westford PD chasing us on the paved roads one night while we were driving back and forth on frozen Long Sought For Pond doing spins and high speed power slides was a hoot!! At least we thought so. Good thing we knew the shoreline.
3 gears of rubber in front of a Westford cop on Rt. 40 who I never saw resulted in an enlightening roadside conversation. Couldn't tell if he liked it or not but no ticket. Mom and Dad we not too happy seeing #1 son pulled over as they were driving home.
Stoned and drunk is no way to live through your teenager years.

No problem when it came to my first LTC.

I tried that argument in Federal Court, explaining that NOBODY goes to jail for 2 1/2 years for a first offense OUI in Massachusetts. The judge noted that, while he was a District Court Judge in Massachusetts, he had sentenced people to 2 1/2 years for a first offense OUI.

I had a hard time extracting my foot from my mouth.

Ya I bet. At the same time my $$ is on those "1st offense" charges he is referencing were pled out and started as something much worse, after plowing into a bus, a pedestrian etc. They almost certainly were not somebody who was pulled over for a headlight and blew a .08.

Who said that?

I never say never, but it's very rare that an oui case is so weak I'd recommend a trial and those i can usually get a non oui plea.
Judges and the MA system tends not to consider loss of firearms rights to be punishment, and does not consider the risk of not being allowed to own something that a responsible citizen would never want anyhow to be a loss of rights.

Just look at the SJC decision making discharge within 500ft of a dwelling a per-se offense not requiring scienter. The decision focused on the "minimal" nature of the punishment and did not even address the issue of becoming a federally PP due to the misdafelony status.

AF6BD7C4-0522-432E-BF26-48661A720008.gif 994A8AC5-4D3E-4577-93B4-1A875FC85804.gif

Various towns proactively share data like this routinely. If it doesn’t come up initially , it will when the deeper look takes place. A conviction on a DUI means you have a long road ahead of you and have a low chance of success. If it was dismissed etc. the chief may refuse and make you go through a lot of work to get the license. IMHO.
Understood. I meant more like I am surprised someone read it so quickly. I would expect lowell to just toss it in a pile and call him in a year

Your driving record directly reflects how responsible of a person you are-this cannot intelligently be disputed-if I were czar those with lengthy records of serious recent violations would have a very difficult time in getting a permit from -me-. The infrequent serious moving violation or first dui-oui would not in and of itself be a disqualification; juvenile records-if those are the only records would not be considered-restraining orders would be taken on a case/case basis as to whether or not an existing permit/application would be affected and of course Constitutional carry would be enacted and all guns would be available for purchase within reasonable commonsense guidelines.
Hi Maura.

Did 1 1/2 years in Boston, hated every second-until the PS the member was approved for unrestricted carry/full auto and free ammo, he knocked himself out of the latter though.

sorry guys but-regular- irresponsible driving behavior only comes from irresponsible people to argue other wise is silly.
Your posts are in the top 10 of NES boot kicking statist anti freedom shit I've ever read here.

I bet you take your LTC out of your wallet and masterbate to it regularly.

Last edited:
Your driving record directly reflects how responsible of a person you are-this cannot intelligently be disputed-if I were czar those with lengthy records of serious recent violations would have a very difficult time in getting a permit from -me-. The infrequent serious moving violation or first dui-oui would not in and of itself be a disqualification; juvenile records-if those are the only records would not be considered-restraining orders would be taken on a case/case basis as to whether or not an existing permit/application would be affected and of course Constitutional carry would be enacted and all guns would be available for purchase within reasonable commonsense guidelines.

This is a great piece of feeling, but in reality it's a bunch of horse shit.

Working in the medical profession I know a great many doctors and nurses who have less than stellar driving records and are absolutely trusted with patient lives. Just because you feel like someone's driving record reflects how they act around firearms doesn't make it accurate, there isn't one good measure of how careful or serious a person takes any specific responsibility, its all a range.

sorry, but a guilty by jury makes you a federally prohibited person

I am not giving you legal advice, just my personal opinion IANAL

your only way out is to go find a damn good lawyer and go back in to court claiming ineffective counsel

What type of a Lawyer takes their client to trial on a first time DWI?

Unless you had a record a mile long before the DWI,or there were other charges such as leaving the scene after causing personal injury, the safety net is a CWOF, court costs, license suspension, and drunk school/fees

Come up with a boatload of cash, and call one of the great firearms lawyers that frequent this forum

One of them gave a opinion already replying to your post

I will caution you that if you get a Judge to toss out the original conviction on the grounds of ineffective counsel , and he/she imposes a CWOF, you will PROBABLY lose your license for a while and have other associated ramifications like the 24D program, etc. The fact you had a license suspension before won't factor in.

Getting the charges tossed and re adjudicated may get you off the hook WRT the Federal "misdafelony" , but you are still looking at suitability issues with the licensing authority. You can be denied without an effective way of challenging the denial even if you get the DWI resolved.

First time DUI, no prior record , didn’t take the breathalyzer or any tests , had about 4 beers that night , the jury were a bunch of cock suckers like you

Ya I wonder if any of these ‘moor lawrs’ guys had gotten a DUI as a teen or young person if they’d still feel as strongly about their “common sense” gun control as alleged adults now or if they’d think differently if it affected them personally 20yrs later.

This is literally the same mindset as the whacked out liberals who don’t trust themselves around gunz and therefore nobody can be trusted with them.

This is a great piece of feeling, but in reality it's a bunch of horse shit.

Working in the medical profession I know a great many doctors and nurses who have less than stellar driving records and are absolutely trusted with patient lives. Just because you feel like someone's driving record reflects how they act around firearms doesn't make it accurate, there isn't one good measure of how careful or serious a person takes any specific responsibility, its all a range.
Your being very conscious in your response. I just prefer to call him a statist boot licking shithead.

There are people who know what they are talking about who have taken their time to write responses. He CAN NOT possess a firearm. He CAN NOT get an ltc unless things get fixed. Comprende?
Can something like this be overturned and rights restored federal and state? Obviously for a pretty penny.

jesus f***ing christ.

amazing how many gun owners f***ing hate freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom