Gun license & DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drunk driving claims 10,000 deaths per year. Due to this, we have laws against drinking and driving. If you drink and drive and get caught, you get a dui. If you get a dui, you may not be eligble to get an ltc. Therefore, don't drink and drive. Drink responsibly. If you can't handle that, you can't handle a loaded firearm. You shouldn't be walking around in public around other people with a loaded firearm if you can't even handle calling a taxi. This is my opinion. But backed by my opinion, is the law. Which is exactly why this guy won't get an LTC. I only feel bad for the poor decisions he made. But fortunately, and I hope no one got hurt during his DUI.
So your opinion is if a guy gets a dui in 1995 after having 4 beers he should be a pp forever? Your a f***ing tool bag anti freedom dick of epic proportions.

Your driving record directly reflects how responsible of a person you are-this cannot intelligently be disputed-if I were czar those with lengthy records of serious recent violations would have a very difficult time in getting a permit from -me-. The infrequent serious moving violation or first dui-oui would not in and of itself be a disqualification; juvenile records-if those are the only records would not be considered-restraining orders would be taken on a case/case basis as to whether or not an existing permit/application would be affected and of course Constitutional carry would be enacted and all guns would be available for purchase within reasonable commonsense guidelines.
if you were a czar then hopefully the people would drag you out of your house and hang you in the town common for being an enemy to liberty. f***ing loser.

jesus f***ing christ.

amazing how many gun owners f***ing hate freedom.

I just kinda see it as a complete lack of self confidence, training and overly sheltered lives.
They can’t have any drinks without worrying about shooting themselves in the foot therefore nobody else can either. One step removed from being raving liberals with their projection.

For the record. I'm only repeating what the 2 guys who got bagged told me. They both knew they screwed up. No LTC but were welcome to apply for a FID in 5 years.
(As was probably established above), WGAF? FPP is FPP.

Falmouth Police Department FID Cardholder Federally Prohibited Person Notification
...​
WARNING!
Notification to FID Cardholder of Possible Violation of Federal Law
It is a federal FELONY for a “prohibited person” to purchase or attempt to purchase,own or
possess any modern firearm or ammunition even with an FID Card!

As you are currently not statutorily disqualified under Massachusetts law from being issued a FID Card​
under M.G.L. Chapter 140, §129B, this licensing authority is required to issue you an FID Card.​
Please note that after issuance of this FID Card, this Department will contact ATF at any time we become
aware of your possession of modern firearms or ammunition in violation of federal firearms laws.
As a federally prohibited person with a valid FID Card you may purchase or possess the following:​
Chemical sprays designed to incapacitate as defined by M.G.L. Chapter 140, §121; Black powder or​
similar ammunition for use with primitive firearms or replicas of primitive firearms as described in​
M.G.L. Chapter 140, §121.​

Underscoring mine.

Only way to get gin rights restored after a post 94 dwi is get the conviction overturned to something else.
To recap the nightcap:
recifiers-license.png

So, this guy before 94 has more rights then the poor bastard post 94...thats really good justice.
If you want to toss the constitution's prohibition against ex-post facto laws,
The Man would totally be willing to screw the pre-94 crowd just as hard.

I tried that argument in Federal Court, explaining that NOBODY goes to jail for 2 1/2 years for a first offense OUI in Massachusetts. The judge noted that, while he was a District Court Judge in Massachusetts, he had sentenced people to 2 1/2 years for a first offense OUI.
maxresdefault.jpg

Understood. I meant more like I am surprised someone read it so quickly. I would expect lowell to just toss it in a pile and call him in a year

I agree unless they knew he was coming in or the officer on duty is the firearm licensing focal and had the system up. I know several people who were caught off guard with data from 30+ years ago

Some of the anti-gun statements here somehow connecting gun license and drivers license together are funny but sad. By their logic if we can't hit a bullseye at 25yards we should get our drivers license revoked.
the idea of the universal Id is not new. eventually i am afraid it will get down to that, a single point of truth for a government to scan your identity and all your affiliations, they do really want it. it is pretty much getting done already with a new driving license replacement process, the new ones you can use to board a plane.

Some of the anti-gun statements here somehow connecting gun license and drivers license together are funny but sad. By their logic if we can't hit a bullseye at 25yards we should get our drivers license revoked.
Can we change it to:
If you can’t perform the basic driving skills like backing up with mirrors, park in a marked space evenly, parallel park both drivers and passenger side plus use the left side lever thingy for directionals you can’t ever get a DL.

First time DUI, no prior record , didn’t take the breathalyzer or any tests , had about 4 beers that night , the jury were a bunch of cock suckers like you
Did you really mean to direct this comment to Appraiser? Or was it meant for someone else?

(As was probably established above), WGAF? FPP is FPP.

Falmouth Police Department FID Cardholder Federally Prohibited Person Notification
...​
WARNING!
Notification to FID Cardholder of Possible Violation of Federal Law
It is a federal FELONY for a “prohibited person” to purchase or attempt to purchase,own or
possess any modern firearm or ammunition even with an FID Card!

As you are currently not statutorily disqualified under Massachusetts law from being issued a FID Card​
under M.G.L. Chapter 140, §129B, this licensing authority is required to issue you an FID Card.​
Please note that after issuance of this FID Card, this Department will contact ATF at any time we become
aware of your possession of modern firearms or ammunition in violation of federal firearms laws.
As a federally prohibited person with a valid FID Card you may purchase or possess the following:​
Chemical sprays designed to incapacitate as defined by M.G.L. Chapter 140, §121; Black powder or​
similar ammunition for use with primitive firearms or replicas of primitive firearms as described in​
M.G.L. Chapter 140, §121.​

Underscoring mine.

To recap the nightcap:
recifiers-license.png

maxresdefault.jpg
Yes: Or toss the whole f***ing thing in the trash.

I had a neighbor who was "against guns" more or less. One day I mentioned "that's okay, you're federally prohibited from ever owning one anyway" and he looked at me like I was crazy. When I informed him that due to the fact he had a DUI (2 in fact, but 1 will do) he was no longer allowed to own a firearm since he was a subject of MA and the "possible" sentence turned him into a PP. He looked at me like I was nuts and decided that was certainly unfair! Just the knowledge that he was no longer allowed to won a firearm, something he had never considered before, mad him upset. (Nice guy, had given up drinking after the 2nd DUI) I found it rather "comical" that once he knew he wasn't allowed to own one he got upset.

right after "Shall not be infringed" there's a foot note. A lot of people miss the footnote because that old parchment is faded but it does say "*pursuant to certain commonsense guidelines to be made up from time to time as necessary to heal the feelz"
I'm stealing that line [rockon]

Often there's grounds. Just have to do the work. The goal is to file a decent motion to vacate then negotiate an agreed upon cwof to eliminate the conviction to settle it.
Drives me crazy that 1st time dwi’s and phony RO’s can strip you of your 2A rights. Thx for your posts and information on this!👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom