GOAL under attack by those that want to undo the good work we've done.

Mr. Yacino, why don't you behave with just a shred of dignity, accept that your family was defeated at GOAL, and retire from the field of battle gracefully?

It's over. You tried. You lost. Get over it and move on with your life. All you are doing now is nursing your resentments and that is even worse for you than it is for others.

from www.wprclub.com:

Monthly Member Meeting IR / MR
Date:
Repeats every month on the first Thursday until Sun Dec 23 2012 except Thu Jul 05 2012, Thu Aug 02 2012.
Thursday, June 7, 2012 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm

Boylston Town House at 599 Main Street, Boylston.

The directions are:

- From the club, turn right exiting the driveway.
- Turn left at the stop sign onto state route 140, north.
- At the traffic lights, turn right onto Main Street, state route 70, north.
- Drive 1 mile to the Town House on the [STRIKE=right]right[/STRIKE] LEFTon the same grounds as the Fire Dept.

The Town House is the white building. We'll be meeting on the first floor via the first door you see when you enter the parking lot.

Someone posted the wrong date earlier in this thread. The correct date is above, in bold. I also corrected the directions. the town house is adjacent to the FD and hwy dept building on the left as you come north on 70.

It's really sad we have to spend energy on this shit when we should all be fighting the bigger fight in Boston....

Every WPR member, please come, and place your vote. Whatever the outcome, no one can complain that they were not heard if they participate.

Words are wind, Mr. Yacino. No matter how much you rail against it, GOAL is going in a new direction. The new BoD members, the split from The Outdoor Message and the GOAL Foundation, the modernization and streamlining of the organization, these are real, concrete things that people worked to make happen because they feel that they made GOAL into a better organization. You can either accept this and move on, or you can continue your petty campaign against the new GOAL that just so happens to not use your family's services.

... I want to see this state recognize our rights, and it will take the hard work of organizations like GOAL and Comm2A to do it. I think that the new GOAL will be a leaner, meaner, more efficient organization, and I am happy to support it.

I will offer another option to what is in the red above. Look at what is in the green above. Everyone has a second chance. It is never too late to change your mind and work WITH the winning team. All you need to do is open your eyes and cast away your delusions. Awaken!

I will offer another option to what is in the red above. Look at what is in the green above. Everyone has a second chance. It is never too late to change your mind and work WITH the winning team. All you need to do is open your eyes and cast away your delusions. Awaken!

Thank you! We will be a stronger team with the support of all!!!

It's not so much for the "winning team" but for the benefit of the gun owners in MA--which if I remember correctly was the whole point of GOAL in the first place. Every one seems to forget that point. Way back when, I thought that's what the Yacino clan was all about, right?

View attachment 32370
oh boy this is good

This just inspired me to extend my GOAL membership for me and my son for another 5 years. Gotta make a note to talk to my club to do the same at the next meeting.

Heck if you are going to drop that kind of money at once get on the life payment plan instead.

-.goal.org/joingoal-

After thinking about it, and reading this thread again, I guess it makes sense to have the GOAL requirement. GOAL is headed in a new direction, they obviously help out the club immensely, and probably get more people to join WPRC than would have. With the IDPA, etc.

I definitely won't be riding the FAIL bus with this Mike Yacino ass hat, and I intend to continue to support GOAL, and encourage everyone I meet with and talk to to do the same. I wasn't against GOAL before, just wasn't sure on the requirement of it to join WPRC. I have since read a lot on here and done more research, and it obviously works, and this Yacino is obviously out for blood for no reason.

Not sure if I can make the Meeting on June 7th because of work, but I will do the best I can, so I can cast my vote.

I have an idea, I went to the club a couple days ago to do a little shooting and the grass was 2 feet tall, and I ended up getting a couple of ticks on me. Why doesn't this Mike guy find something better to do, and go cut the lawn? There. Problem solved.

Last edited:
How about GOAL INC dba, Second & GOAL or The Second and GOAL.

The first sounds like football terminology and would roll off the tongue easily and make some up in search engines when looking for football related topics.

The second one sounds like 2A & GOAL and could be written as The Second GOAL in articles, with the ampersand smaller or hidden to make a distinction between the old vs new direction they are taking.

+1 on the confusion. The press and the lay people will be confused as to which organization is saying what. You want your organization to be identified with your ideas.

Also, I would be very interested in seeing specifics on what they want to accomplish. What is their most important objective, second most etc. Winning the war in this state could take a really long time. How about some small battles in the meantime. It would be great to hear the ideas and plans.

But since the club is 3 mins from my house, don't have much of a choice. And I was already a member of GOAL. Next year, I may re consider though.

While I certainly would prefer that you, as a gun owner, remain a member of GOAL, you don't HAVE to belong to any one particular club. There are at least two clubs closer to my house than my current club - I prefer the extra drive so that I have access to facilities that are more in line with what I want in a club. Having been to WPR, though... if I lived 3 minutes away, I'd definitely be a member!

Wrong again - comment was directed to you, not "NES".

I believe that Derek was referring to NES's constant financial support.

4. Here we go again with the Fudd word. The truth of it is Fudds are for the most part Baby-Boomers who are still a huge demographic in this country, they are the most consistent voters, and they have a considerable amount of wealth. If you think that they are going to be pushed around, then you are sadly mistaken. What we are talking about are fellow gun owners and maybe it is about time we try to win some of the "Fudds" over to our side.

It does occur to me that GOAL stands for "Gun Owner's Action League", and not "Tactical Shooters / SASS / HSLD /pickyourfavoritetypeofshooting" Action League. I think that means that GOAL is supposed to work for the betterment of all gun owners in MA... [wink] Ben Franklin put it very well when he said "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

I just joined GOAL and plan on giving money to Comm2A as well.

I don't want to join NRA as they don't seem to do anything on the local (Massachusetts) level.

I don't see why I should have to join ANY group that I don't want to join just to go shooting at a range.

You are not just going shooting at a range. You are joining a private club. That private club may have requirements for membership. You can either meet the requirements and join the club. Or not.

You are not just going shooting at a range. You are joining a private club. That private club may have requirements for membership. You can either meet the requirements and join the club. Or not.
All well and good unless your town requires you to be a member of a "club". Mine, thankfully, does not.

While I certainly would prefer that you, as a gun owner, remain a member of GOAL, you don't HAVE to belong to any one particular club. There are at least two clubs closer to my house than my current club - I prefer the extra drive so that I have access to facilities that are more in line with what I want in a club. Having been to WPR, though... if I lived 3 minutes away, I'd definitely be a member!

I believe that Derek was referring to NES's constant financial support.

It does occur to me that GOAL stands for "Gun Owner's Action League", and not "Tactical Shooters / SASS / HSLD /pickyourfavoritetypeofshooting" Action League. I think that means that GOAL is supposed to work for the betterment of all gun owners in MA... [wink] Ben Franklin put it very well when he said "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Quite true. The antis have a long history of divide and conquer. Let's not make it easier for them by dividing ourselves.

True, but even one is too many.

I agree that towns should not require people to be members of a club. But I don't think many gun owners are in the position of having to join a club to get their LTC but being unable to do so club requirement that they can not or will not meet.

Is it morally wrong for a town to require someone to join a club? Absolutely. Should that be a consideration for a club when deciding whether they should require GOAL or NRA membership? Not hardly. GOAL membership costs two boxes of ammo per year.

A private gun club requiring membership in an organization that supports and defends RKBA is simply a logical act of self-preservation. Without GOAL and the NRA, those clubs' very existence is at risk as is our own RKBA.

For those potential members who don't "get it" that we must pool our resources in the form of these organizations to defend against attacks on our fundamental human rights, the clubs mandate membership to remind them... Nothing wrong with that.

The fact is that the topic of removing the GOAL mandate HAS been brought up in the past, as confirmed by the Club BOD. It also came up with the NRA - and that mandate was removed.

Michael Yacino
Not a former GOAL staffer / ED
Not a former BoD member

Several days ago, I stated that the NRA mandate was dropped as a result of insurance policy changes. I have since spoken to the Treasurer and President of WP&R. Both stated that the NRA mandate was dropped due to several factors including in some part, the insurance issue.

Back
Top Bottom