GOAL under attack by those that want to undo the good work we've done.

I discontinued my membership in goal a long time ago. I was always disappointed by what I perceived as their lack of commitment to the cause. What really did it for me was how they mishandled the lawsuits that were filed after the 1998 bill. We live with that legislation to this day because one hand didn't take an interest into what the other was doing.

It sounds like new leadership is trying to right those wrongs of the past. But I'm not one to jump back on board so quickly. I am not rich and so am a man of limited means. So when I expend money on supporting the cause I need to make sure it goes someplace where it will get the best bang for the buck.

Your annual membership of $30 would go to the right cause. The Goal presently established will be forth coming in all dealings and issues, myself and others here have staked our reputations on it.
I urge you and others on the fence to join/renew.

Organization fail. Big time. I can't stand lobby groups that extort membership by requiring participants(gun club members) to join. Best to bury all the bodies and move on(no pun intended)

yup, this is something that gets under my skin, too. Im not joining just because a club requires me to do so.....

I just recently joined WPRC, and those issues were discussed in the member meeting when they voted us in, and went over other issues. They are having a meeting June 5th I believe to vote on whether or not to make you join GOAL to be a member at WPRC.

I DO NOT know anything about as I just joined the club like 2 weeks ago. I do not think any club should force you to join an org like GOAL if you choose not to. My membership to the club, should have no bearing on whether or not I support GOAL.

What if I was a member and supported everyone else but GOAL? That's not good enough? FAIL to me.

But since the club is 3 mins from my house, don't have much of a choice. And I was already a member of GOAL. Next year, I may re consider though.

Last edited:
Over the past year and a half, NESers fought to basically save GOAL from the mismanagement and fiscal irresponsibility of the prior board of directors. I personally know that the staff of GOAL is grateful for all of your efforts on their behalf. Their new board has moved quickly to distance themselves from some of the questionable decisions of the past and start the process of positioning GOAL to be a 21st Century organization.

Unfortunately those people that would turn the clock back at GOAL are still out there and have rallied around the GOAL Foundation. The two organizations share the same name but had distinctly different missions – GOAL inc (what we know as GOAL) as a lobby group and the Foundation whose role was to promote 2A awareness through education.

GOAL Inc has moved into new quarters, away from the foundation (who owned the old building and who, apparently used that fact and that access to wield undue influence ). GOAL Inc has reached out to the Foundation but has been rejected. Everyone I’ve talked to at GOAL believes there’s no reason for the Foundation and GOAL to work at cross purposes. We’re all gun owners, we all believe in the freedom to exercise our fundamental human rights.

Sadly there are people who are intent on spreading misinformation – at their clubs, on Facebook, through publications etc. – about GOAL, the split and GOAL’s new direction.
I’m asking one more favor of you; talk to your friends, to the people you shoot with, the people at your club and let them know the real story. We can’t let the people who want to turn the clock back win the info war.

OK, so in a nutshell, what exactly is the message we are supposed to tell our clubs? I don't want to have to explain to 40-60 people the ins and outs of political infighting. What is the takeaway in easy to understand terms, without ticking off "fudds"?

I discontinued my membership in goal a long time ago. I was always disappointed by what I perceived as their lack of commitment to the cause. What really did it for me was how they mishandled the lawsuits that were filed after the 1998 bill. We live with that legislation to this day because one hand didn't take an interest into what the other was doing.

It sounds like new leadership is trying to right those wrongs of the past. But I'm not one to jump back on board so quickly. I am not rich and so am a man of limited means. So when I expend money on supporting the cause I need to make sure it goes someplace where it will get the best bang for the buck.

It's $30. They need that $30 to get the ship on course. If everyone sits back to see what happens, we lose. They listened to us. They put the ship on the right course. Now give them the tools (money, membership, and support) they need to make it happen. You can always choose to not renew if they don't follow through. They deserve the chance, though. Frankly, we need them.

OK, so in a nutshell, what exactly is the message we are supposed to tell our clubs? I don't want to have to explain to 40-60 people the ins and outs of political infighting. What is the takeaway in easy to understand terms, without ticking off "fudds"?

Go to your club meetings and urge the members to disregard the negative attacks and bad information coming from certain factions.

Gun Owners' Action League is stronger than ever and growing, the staff is united and working very hard to insure that freedom is protected and restored in MA. Now enabled by strong, focused leadership they are calling for the gun owners of MA to stand with them in the fight.

GOAL's focus is as follows.
1. Grow the organization - strength in numbers!
2. Raise funds which will allow the organization to more effectively broadcast it's message
3. Educate the citizens and legislators of the Commonwealth.
4. Ensure that no anti 2A legislation is passed.
5. Communicate with and organize gun owners' so that their voice is heard at the poll.
6. Most importantly, reform the web of unconstitutional law in MA.

An individual can belong to GOAL for approximately 8 cents a day, I would venture to guess that most here can afford that.

Last edited:
These facts should probably come from GOAL itself, not from a bunch of people who may or may not talk to their clubs based on facts, opinions, etc. You're asking people to state things as facts from 3rd hand perspective at best. I doubt that will end up much better than what the foundation is doing through all their fudd friends.

Our club meets tomorrow night. Maybe a mass email today or tomorrow morning to members and clubs, and mass fax for those clubs without email, and a mass mail for those with neither.

These facts should probably come from GOAL itself, not from a bunch of people who may or may not talk to their clubs based on facts, opinions, etc. You're asking people to state things as facts from 3rd hand perspective at best. I doubt that will end up much better than what the foundation is doing through all their fudd friends.
I have inside info ;-)

Go to your club meetings and urge the members to disregard the negative attacks and bad information coming from certain factions.

Gun Owners' Action League is stronger than ever and growing, the staff is united and working very hard to insure that freedom is protected and restored in MA. Now enabled by strong, focused leadership they are calling for the gun owners of MA to stand with them in the fight.

GOAL's focus is as follows.
1. Grow the organization - strength in numbers!
2. Raise funds which will allow the organization to more effectively broadcast it's message
3. Educate the citizens and legislators of the Commonwealth.
4. Insure that no more anti 2A legislation is passed.
5. Communicate with and organize gun owners' so that their voice is heard at the poll.
6. Most importantly, reform the web of unconstitutional law in MA.

An individual can belong to GOAL for approximately 8 cents a day, I would venture to guess that most here can afford that.

I have inside info ;-)

Tom, Mike works for GOAL. He is the voice of goal (on here).

Mike, the trouble is, here is not where you need to get your message out. You need to take it to the clubs. The people who need to hear your message do not use computers. I'm just the messenger on that, but it is the truth and should not be overlooked. Even the younger folks at the clubs don't do the Internet, and certainly not NES, generally speaking. That may be changing, but it is what it is for now.

Doug, that's exactly my point in answer to your question previously.

We, the NES community need to "take it to the clubs" GOAL and its small staff can only get to so many, you guys are out there, the grass roots, make it happen.

Op could change the title of the thread to "fudds attacking goal"

Sent from my iPhone in the secret lair of the Supreme ruler of the ozone layer, the Dark Lord Kramdar.

haters-gonna-hate-07.jpg

I just recently joined WPRC, and those issues were discussed in the member meeting when they voted us in, and went over other issues. They are having a meeting June 5th I believe to vote on whether or not to make you join GOAL to be a member at WPRC.

I DO NOT know anything about as I just joined the club like 2 weeks ago. I do not think any club should force you to join an org like GOAL if you choose not to. My membership to the club, should have no bearing on whether or not I support GOAL.

What if I was a member and supported everyone else but GOAL? That's not good enough? FAIL to me.

But since the club is 3 mins from my house, don't have much of a choice. And I was already a member of GOAL. Next year, I may re consider though.

WPR membership is getting emails asking for an RSVP for the June meeting. I guess they need to know if they need to rent out the bigger space upstairs at the Boylston Town house as this is a fairly contentious issue.

At the heart of it is Mr Yacino Jr. He (or his associates) apparently have adopted a scorched earth mentality post GOAL split, and have raised a motion to eliminate the 100% GOAL membership requirement at WPR. I've also heard RUMOR that there is additional activity at work to eliminate GOAL's use of the club's facilities for free, as has been the norm for some time.

I encourage all WPR members to attend this very important meeting and vote your conscience WRT this motion.

WPR membership is getting emails asking for an RSVP for the June meeting. I guess they need to know if they need to rent out the bigger space upstairs at the Boylston Town house as this is a fairly contentious issue.

At the heart of it is Mr Yacino Jr. He (or his associates) apparently have adopted a scorched earth mentality post GOAL split, and have raised a motion to eliminate the 100% GOAL membership requirement at WPR. I've also heard RUMOR that there is additional activity at work to eliminate GOAL's use of the club's facilities for free, as has been the norm for some time.

I encourage all WPR members to attend this very important meeting and vote your conscience WRT this motion.

+1

I've lives here 5 years, I guess that makes me a Ma**h***!
God I hate this place, SC was so much better a place to be stationed I would have willingly stayed their forever.
How do I help GOAL, if it's the $20 or $25 it is done?
Tell me via PM and I will submit and finally join.

smitty

RUMOR that there is additional activity at work to eliminate GOAL's use of the club's facilities for free, as has been the norm for some time.

As Director of Education & Training for GOAL and a former Executive Officer for the WP&R Club, I can tell you that GOAL has always paid $10 per person minimum in range fees to the Club for any classes held there. GOAL also provides free law lectures for our affiliated Clubs and has held said lecture at WP&R Club.

Last edited:

If it is being brought up solely out of spite because of the GOAL split, I do not agree with that at all.

I stand by though, that I do not believe anyone should force you into something if you don't want to, just to become a member. Membership to GOAL, NRA, Comm2a, SAf or anyone else should be voluntary, not mandatory.

To bring this up now though because of the GOAL split, is obviously morally wrong.

Back
Top Bottom