• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you carry (an) extra mag(s)

Do you carry extra mags? (or speed loaders)

• No. Just what's in the pistol.

Votes: 96 36.2%
  • Yes, one.

Votes: 119 44.9%
  • Yes, multiple.

Votes: 50 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to say I'm pretty surprised at the amount of people responding to the poll that don't carry an extra mag or speed loader.

Just what's in the gun. I think if one or two shots doesn't get you out of the situation you're in, you probably won't get out of the situation.

Kurtz you may be right about that, sighting the average shots fired in self-defense situations documented. But for the extra insurance of having another fresh mag on the left hip, I'll deal with the slight discomfort (if any at all) that comes along with it.

ETA: Hey Carl... Jinx!!! You owe me a soda. :D

Kurtz you may be right about that, sighting the average shots fired in self-defense situations documented. But for the extra insurance of having another fresh mag on the left hip, I'll deal with the slight discomfort (if any at all) that comes along with it.

ETA: Hey Carl... Jinx!!! You owe me a soda. :D

My extra mag carrier is pretty comfortable and stays tight to the body. Comp-Tac.

Did you read this thread?
You have a defeatist mind set.

Either that or he has a Grendel P10 or something like that, where reloading it under duress, is, at best, a "Surely you can't be serious?!?!??!" moment.

-Mike

I answered yess more than one if I am quickly going out to the local store for a snack I just grab my ccw and no spare mag. But if I am going out for the evening I have a holster that holds 2 spare mags that I love because its super comfortable and hardley prints at all.

I answered yess more than one if I am quickly going out to the local store for a snack I just grab my ccw and no spare mag. But if I am going out for the evening I have a holster that holds 2 spare mags that I love because its super comfortable and hardley prints at all.

Care to share the make?

I carry a spare mag in a comp-tac holster. Without an undershirt it is a little noticeable when I sit down, more-so than the P229 itself, but with an undershirt the whole setup disappears. I figure if I am going to go through the hassle of carrying the P229 (really not that bad, but far cry from a pocket gun), may as well carry an extra mag.

Mike

I carry a spare mag in a comp-tac holster. Without an undershirt it is a little noticeable when I sit down, more-so than the P229 itself, but with an undershirt the whole setup disappears. I figure if I am going to go through the hassle of carrying the P229 (really not that bad, but far cry from a pocket gun), may as well carry an extra mag.

Mike

This.

No. Magazines are a dead technology, like dead-tree newspapers and comic books. My guns download ammunition from the internet and blogs.

My rounds connect via Bluetooth these days.....

2 guns 4 mags total for me... if SHTF I don't care how close home is it's going to feel like a journey to get there, assuming it is still there

Well, after reading this thread I'm going to go from carrying one extra mag in my front pocket to this:

25ph2qw.jpg

That setup should cover all eventualities.

Back
Top Bottom