Carry in Post Office

The only time I don't carry is at work but not only is it on federal property but they do random car/bag searches. I  think they can't search your person but I'm not willing to risk it - I'd prefer not to watch my son grow up through a plexiglass window at Club Fed.
It certainly isn’t worth your job and or jail time. When I was working I sucked it up and left it at home. Now retired I don’t leave home without it

"Going postal" was never a thing. There were a bunch of incidents in the '70s through '90s, surely, but the absolute number doesn't tell the whole story. The USPS employs more than half a million people, so even a tiny percentage of disgruntled ones will make for a large sounding number.

"Going postal" was a thing, maybe it isn't anymore. To say it never was is kinda, wrong.

"Going postal" was a thing, maybe it isn't anymore. To say it never was is kinda, wrong.
With all the b.s. rules and regulations the workers are subjected to inside and outside the P.O., I'm surprised that the amount of "snappage" has declined and not increased over the years.

With all the b.s. rules and regulations the workers are subjected to inside and outside the P.O., I'm surprised that the amount of "snappage" has declined and not increased over the years.
There's 2 ways to react to all that crap.

One is to continue to care, let it eat into your very soul and then maybe you snap.

The other way is to just stop giving a crap and work towards retirement and your pension. I'm guessing that many USPS employees are in this mode now.

There's 2 ways to react to all that crap.

One is to continue to care, let it eat into your very soul and then maybe you snap.

The other way is to just stop giving a crap and work towards retirement and your pension. I'm guessing that many USPS employees are in this mode now.
Agreed! My relative used to tell the Postmaster, "Go tell someone who cares the section, chapter, verse, of the postal code. I'm doing the best I can and right now you need me more than I need you at this point in my life" as my relative walked away. The Postmaster wasn't happy to hear this response but my relative had him by the cubes and both knew it.

"Going postal" was never a thing. There were a bunch of incidents in the '70s through '90s, surely, but the absolute number doesn't tell the whole story. The USPS employs more than half a million people, so even a tiny percentage of disgruntled ones will make for a large sounding number.
Yes, statistically - much like school shootings - it wasn't real. Memetically- much like school shootings - it very much was.

SCOTUS is only going to take so many 2A cases. Post Office carry is towards the bottom of my wish list. I wouldn't waste their time frankly.
The funny thing, of course, is that they don't need to take PO carry if they take a "protected places" case...

What reason in 2024 do you need to go to the post office?
I live in an apartment building that has one of those huge community mailboxes. Mine is just a small slot really.

If I order a package and they ship it USPS, I get a slip to go pick it up. It’s mildly annoying that they won’t just drop it by the door, but I drive by the post office every day anyway.

It just seems like every time I go in someone in front of me has a stack of shit they are mailing out for their “online business”

I live in an apartment building that has one of those huge community mailboxes. Mine is just a small slot really.

If I order a package and they ship it USPS, I get a slip to go pick it up. It’s mildly annoying that they won’t just drop it by the door, but I drive by the post office every day anyway.

It just seems like every time I go in someone in front of me has a stack of shit they are mailing out for their “online business”
Last apartment I had, they'd leave packages at the office, which made it easy to swing by after work and pick 'em up. Only things I didn't like about that place was the nasty tasting water (tasted like it had plaster dust in the pipes) and all the Sec8 hobos who lived on my floor and left their garbage in the hallway.

Last apartment I had, they'd leave packages at the office, which made it easy to swing by after work and pick 'em up. Only things I didn't like about that place was the nasty tasting water (tasted like it had plaster dust in the pipes) and all the Sec8 hobos who lived on my floor and left their garbage in the hallway.
I have to say the town water here is really good. I drink it daily and it’s nice to save a few bucks not buying bottled.

I have the section 8 people also, but it’s mostly single moms on the hunt for a meal ticket. Pretty quiet place over all

No, it doesn't. It proves you sent them *something*. It doesn't prove you sent them your tax return.
Right. So if they receive nothing. You are clean. If they claim you sent them your dog's algebra homework, then you have no fallback.

NOTHING can prove that you sent them your tax return.

Except for maybe a movie of you putting it into the envelope at the post office and then handing it to the postal employee.

I go to our Post Office a few times a year. Usually to mail something like Christmas presents, or to buy stamps to send Christmas cards (my wife still does about forty cards a year. It's nice. We get about fifteen back. It's a dying tradition). The UPS Store and Staples are both closer and do pack & ship, notary and other services

Concealed means concealed. And you likely wouldn't be alone if you did carry in there. Everyone carries everywhere

Back
Top Bottom